Forum

[HELP] Does anyone remember this map?

Created 6th July 2012 @ 12:49

Add A Reply Pages: 1

MightyMe

UbeR |

I am looking for a map, which I have forgotten the name off.
The map used to be on a server with a map cycle that also included wdf_scoutjump and other jump/course/multiclass maps.

What I remember about the map:
The map had 7 different courses if I remember correctly, for each class except spy & medic.
Two teams would try to complete all courses using the classes needed to complete that course, and at the end of each course was a control point, after all control points where captured your team would win.

Scout course:
The scout had to do an obstacle course, and on one part he had to shoot a sign far away with his pistol, and then slide through this small tunnel before time would ran out. A 2nd special thing I remember about the scout course is on the final part as soon as you would run towards the control point, a giant rock would fall down behind you ( indiana jones style ) and you would have to get to the control point in time else you would die.

Soldier course:
Just a jump map for soldier.

Pyro course:
The course you have to complete is entirely black and you can’t see a thing. There are holes in the ground and you must use your flamethrower to check if you can walk to a certain spot or not.

Demoman course:
Jump map for demo.

Heavy course:
You had to shoot some small balls circling above your head and make sure you got all of them ( about 10 ) then you had a few seconds to go through a door and move forward to the next part of the course. On this part there are holes in the ground which you can not see, so you need to check if you can go here or there with your mini gun / shotgun.

Engi course:
You had to build your way up to the top using different buildings and strategies ( this was before you could pick up your stuff so it used to be much harder! ) When you reach the top you drop down about 20Meters to the capture point.

Sniper course:
You stand on a moving platform, and you have to shoot on appearing signs so the obstacles blocking the platforms way would go away. If you missed the target you would just fall off and start over again.

TL;DR Looking for a map that had 7 different courses to complete with each class in a different way in a race against the enemy team.

Rdios

REVERTO

bestinclass_v2
tl;dr was totally enough.

Last edited by Rdios,

Regen

nf.
9F

Quoted from Rdios

bestinclass_v2
tl;dr was totally enough.

keen

MightyMe

UbeR |

Thank you very much Rdios, here is the link if anyone was wondering: http://www.uk-tf.co.uk/index.php/remository/func-download/603/chk,348c820607098ab51183feb30ee0de25/no_html,1/

Last edited by MightyMe,

BZAD

If you like such maps, you should install HL2DM again, and search for adventure maps or so.

I remember times, when there were more such maps, than deathmatch.

Setlet

The map has been broken for 2 years iirc.

I will give a hat if someone puts a bestinclass server on (with vanilla weapons ofc, the new weapons ruin the map)

Well at least I can play hl2dm puzzle maps

E: Also there was a spy map. It was basically a small arena where any class could duel

Last edited by Setlet,

Rdios

REVERTO

Quoted from Setlet

The map has been broken for 2 years iirc.

I will give a hat if someone puts a bestinclass server on (with vanilla weapons ofc, the new weapons ruin the map)

Well at least I can play hl2dm puzzle maps

E: Also there was a spy map. It was basically a small arena where any class could duel

I already got a server with bestinclass :> but with unlocks

Add A Reply Pages: 1