Forum

Would you play a map with jump pads (like the ramp in tr_walkway for example)

Created 15th February 2012 @ 17:36

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

DarkSlayer

like the title says, i want to guage peoples reactions for new things in tf2 maps to help me devlop cp_toxic.

discuss :)

i think they need to work with the map and serve a purpose, not be there just cos they are cool. I think if they are used in conjunction with a rollout, and they are impossible to back up into then yes

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Possibly. For example have the last CP accessible by Jump pads along withother routes. It would be hard to work as it is different, but new and fresh ideas keep the game running.

Would be tough to implement properly. Good luck with it.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Sounds like a cool idea that could open up all kinds of tactics and fun, BUT, it would have to be implemented perfectly.

Backing onto one when dodging, making it too easy to get away or completely negate any carefully positioned props are all ways to make a map useless for 6v6.

Maybe have them only usable with a bit of forethought, barriers and ‘1-way’ corridors for example. Have them on timers, only be available for 10 or 20 seconds out of every minute. Random trajectories and powers to some extent. Dunno, just some quick thoughts… :/

I haven’t looked at the map yet, so excuse anything obvious or already implemented, but good luck, sounds like a lot of fun. Can already see my demo and me hurtling through the air with a surprise Kritz being popped at the perfect moment… :D

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Chaplain

i think they need to work with the map and serve a purpose, not be there just cos they are cool. I think if they are used in conjunction with a rollout, and they are impossible to back up into then yes

This :>

herpderp

DAKKA

Meh, if we have a map on which rounds can be decided by train luck then I don’t see anything against jump pads.

Phrozen

?

having them only available for 10 or 20 seconds a minute is too unpredictable which is exactly the reason competitive players play vanilla and banned crits.

qkls

qkls

If it means more airshots, then definitely yes.

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

If that means having a combo jumped by a heavy, no. And you can just strafe round and land on the pad again for unlimited power. Don’t want heavies flying at me form across the map, I can’t think of anything worse.

But it could be fun if done correctly

DarkSlayer

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

If that means having a combo jumped by a heavy, no. And you can just strafe round and land on the pad again for unlimited power. Don’t want heavies flying at me form across the map, I can’t think of anything worse.

But it could be fun if done correctly

generally you are able to use the jump pad umlimitedly, but you take quite alot of fall damage each after the first use

Xerofset

DMS!

Back in team fortress classic there was a map with a one-way corridor which lauchned you horizontal. I think something like this might be a really good addition to push from last to second.

DarkSlayer

Quoted from Xerofset

Back in team fortress classic there was a map with a one-way corridor which lauchned you horizontal. I think something like this might be a really good addition to push from last to second.

downloading TFC….

Setlet

A map like that would probably make the pub scene hate competitive scene more for having an element which isn’t made for TF2

But do it!

AioR

Xerofset is probably talking about the map mortality_l and the corridor leading to the flag, there is some huge FAN pushing you :D

go ahead. I wouldnt play it however since those pads are buggy, unreliable and will probably make the map really unpleasant to play. This isnt quake, if you know what im saying?

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »