Forum

cp_gullywash_pro

Created 13th February 2009 @ 22:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 39 Next »

Redah

Very very good map ! The best I’ve played so far in the contest.

middle cap area should be larger imo, too easy to stick

Arnold

DAKKA

b2

http://files.filefront.com/cp+worselands+b2zip/;13346962;/fileinfo.html

i’ve taken all of the feedback into consideration, and i think i fixed all of the problems.

I did leave the ledge on middle for the demoman, because i don’t think it’s op since he gets splash from the back and the ledge is so small. (we’ll see if it is since i could be wrong)

added ammopacks and healthkits
fixed several bugs
fixed gameplay issues (eg not being able to jump onto spire from ramp on red side)
fixed overbright lighting at last cp
added details
fixed sticky traps below spire
several other fixes

i hope you like :)

ThePledge

Played b1 out of the mappack from Akill and it looks allright there. I don’t know how much you’ve added and removed since then, but I’d guess the basics remained the same. And I like the basics :P

The middle point looks really open and that might bring some interesting gameplay with spies, backburner pyro’s and heavies. The map is pretty small when compared to others and I don’t know how much that could be a problem. The distance between 3rd and 2nd is small, but the height of the spire could make up for that. Keeps me wondering how the heck you can defend the spire, since you’d have to stay at the back of it when the opponent just capped 3rd. Any uber disadvantage can mean a team’s loss there, or they’d have to drop spire to the enemy team immediatly after they capped 3rd. Hmmm.

I like the looks of it and the ideas (based on badlands) are great. As said, I played b1 and going to play b3 later on and might edit this post then :)

Rele

Only played 20mins but I like it already :D. No big gameplay issues.

Bugs I found:
1st spawn left door doesnt open sometimes for red team (dno about blu)
Map doesnt end when timelimit is reached.

Overall a good map. Maybe on cp 2/4 make it possible to jump from the point to both balconies (not only the left one).

hording

okejra

I liked it, alot, probably better than badlands and granary IMO. Need some fixes/tweaks but this map has got lots of potential.
It was big and open, many different paths, I loved the capture points, no “stalemate” like turbine or granary can be sometimes.
I (we) would love to try out some real pcws on this map, just pick me up at #okejra (we’re playing every evening)

Arnold

DAKKA

*mid got changed like a shitload
*changed last point added some lights and a little space
*it is now possible to get halfway on 2nd point from balcony as any class
*added some details
*middle capping area is bigger
*spawndoors are fixed
*spawns are fixed
*added signs at forward spawn for the confused people who end up running to their own base (you know who you are)
*increased performance
*changed the cosmetics a tad
*fixed some nodraw issues
*fixed some bugs
*changed one of the medium medpacks on middle to a small one
*added a picture of f2 somewhere in the map
*haven’t shaved in three days

b3 DOWNLOAD

http://files.filefront.com/cp+worselands+b3zip/;13375109;/fileinfo.html

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

LOL

crz

T4F

“*added a picture of f2 somewhere in the map
*haven’t shaved in three days”

lol

having a short look on the changes and trying to find the red devil :D

edit:
couldnt find the picture too :<

but the changes you made are great your night turn was worth it
its really nice to see how the map and especially the middle area changed from your first alpha

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

i couldn’t find f2’s picture

eoN^

I get those pink textures on the CP and CP signs (also i have HDR turned off so it cant be to do with that :3)

EDIT: You need to fix the windows they are all poking out of the wall and you can see through the sides of them (like on middle on the balcony area thing)
Scrap that all the windows are like that :o

Also maybe on the last capture points add a tiny ledge on the inside of the big curved wall? (like on badlands)

Maybe also add a resupply cabinet to some of the other spawn points?

Puppets

*added signs at forward spawn for the confused people who end up running to their own base (you know who you are)

leave me alone …. (im not the only one ;)

kaidus

WiK?

You aren’t alone man : p.

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

eon, arnold has explained this numerous times. the reason they are pink is because he uses an fps cfg. he can’t help it :(

Arnold

DAKKA

yeh i can’t build cubemaps i will have it fixed when i release the final tho, somebody else can do it for me.

i won’t add resup cabinets because of the fact that the map is too small and spawns are too close to points. It would unbalance the game.

i’ll look into the little ledga tho, i have thought about it but i figured it would be too much since there’s no way of telling there’s an enemy up there.

thanks for the comments everybody

morf

[j]\\\'
[j]'

played it last night, was really mad fun. really like the gameplay and that its not far from each of the cap points, really makes it a fast map with alot of speed.

which needs shorter spawntimes, noticed that atleast once when we killed all of them on the way to cp 2 and they havent respawned when we were on the last point, might have been once in a lifetime though.

really a great map, think leagues will take this one into consideration even if it doesnt win the competition! :D well done :>

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 39 Next »