Forum

cp_quay

Created 19th December 2011 @ 17:40

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 Next »

quintosh

wL.

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

That goes for most maps, really. It’s why you’d want to fall back before getting wiped ^^

you can easily defend badlands last with a pyro, same goes for gully, gran, snake and process, but merely the medic dying to mid leaves you with almost no chances, its a pure scout map and there’s two ways for the combo to get into last which are pretty damn close to the point

imo add much more room to last (like as much as gran) and it should become a pretty cool map

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from quintosh

you can easily defend badlands last with a pyro, same goes for gully, gran, snake and process

actually if you get wiped on gran you pretty much lose as well
I’d like to see someone trying to defend granary last with a pyro (same goes for process as well)

doks

midpoint higher and without those 4 pillars.

Skully

After casting it last night, I enjoined the map, until you get to 2nd. Something just feels off about it, almost like its too cluttered. Im not sure if thats because of the containers or the number of ways to get to the point. Dont get me wrong, I love the idea of where second is, but it just feels like theres too much going on for 2nd.

You kinda want 2nd like snakewater, not open, but by if you have to defend it to save the round, you can defend it, if that makes sense. Right now it just feels impossible to defend it, only able to defend it if you’re pushing for last/lost a fight at last

Enef

fest
#wubafan

In my opinion its the opposite for 2nd, it’s way too difficult to cap unless your team is VERY organised.

If you don’t have someone watching the top and the stairs on the left and the lobby entrance on the right. It’s impossible to cap. As its very easy to access the point very quickly from the stairs without being seen early.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Enef

In my opinion its the opposite for 2nd, it’s way too difficult to cap unless your team is VERY organised

So capping the point requires team work? That’s a good thing right?

Mads

Enjoyed it so far, after thursday I’ll see if I have any more detailed feedback :D

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

So capping the point requires team work? That’s a good thing right?

just to reitarate what i said to spike on mumble: i’m not saying its a good or bad thing just pointing out that second is far more difficult to cap than defend :)

choiie

keso

Thanks everyone for t playing the map and taking your time to provide feedback!

I’m a bit surprised that 2nd is easy to push – while it’s hard to hold the area right on the point I feel like holding the balcony and controlling the lobby should provide a safe way to push down onto the point once attackers start capping. Hopefully teams will find a way to work with this tonight.

I agree that the second point is the weakest part of the map right now, so your feedback is really helpful!

Spike Himself

TC

If there’s anything I can say about cp2, it would be that it feels.. chunky. I can’t point out anything particular, but as medic I feel really uncomfortable anywhere near that point (pushing).

I get this all the time on new maps though so it may very well be that I just need to play it a lot more often. I do anyway, in order to give proper useful feedback.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

there are far too many lobbies around 2nd point and we kept getting flanked from a million places at once
it’s also almost impossible to stand on the 2nd point as you can get flanked from the top and spammed from the doors in front
mid is a bit too open (mainly due to the wide open chokes which should definitely be closed off a bit)

choiie

keso

Quoted from Starkie

there are far too many lobbies around 2nd point and we kept getting flanked from a million places at once
it’s also almost impossible to stand on the 2nd point as you can get flanked from the top and spammed from the doors in front
mid is a bit too open (mainly due to the wide open chokes which should definitely be closed off a bit)

I think I’m probably gonna rework what is currently the ramproom/balcony and open that area up a lot – what has been annoying people is opponents popping out out of nowhere in the tight areas, and I think the area needs some simplification.

AnimaL

Just noticed you have been working on this map for 1,5 years – Mind Blown!

Sketch

MM

I have some silly comments but also some i think valid points

why is middle not a seaside band-stand? with some nice awnings coming out from buildings either side, kind of crating a roof area. split into 3 sections and a cap where the band plays.

2nd is at a stage where it has been reworked too much and it just doesn’t know what it is any more. I would suggest a rework to include sandcastles and multicoloured beach huts! nothing in the current 2nd is nice.

last has a distinct lack of yachts and the ramp that goes behind the point kind of centralises all of the fighting actually on the point which makes it a bit dull. This is only reinforced by the flank balcony that walks onto the point above that ramp.

Henghast

open
bobs

Stylistically I think he’s gone for the actual Quay being at last, which makes sense (a quay being a structure primarily used to offload goods at a harbour, in some cases specifically enclosed areas of water for docking and unloading).

The second is horribly cluttered for me and the lobby is very wide, in fact I’d say most of the map is too wide. 2nd for me felt like it wanted to be something but tried too hard for that and lost any flow between the levels in play.

Middle just seems very much an open arena I dont think raising the middle point on top of those pillars and removing them as cover would hurt (currently capture area extends into them meaning you can cap off the point in good cover).

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 Next »