Forum

[Contest Entry WIP] cp_outlaw (formerly mapnel)

Created 9th February 2009 @ 19:48

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

futari

fail

Just played it as well, I like the second and the third point (may cap a bit fast indeed yeah) but I found the first point to be a bit chaotic.. but that might have just been me xD

Largos

I really enjoy the map. The gravelpit influences work well on a 5-CP.

As everyone else has been saying, though, please lengthen the mid cap time. We would be having great battles only to find that our 2nd point was already being backcapped :)

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

i tested it i must say that i thing i dont like

the textures, are too repetive

d0gs

Very different map. Has a nice flow and the middle is really interesting.
I’d scale the entire thing down with a few % imho.

F2

Danmark

I don’t know if it’s too big tbh.

But I think the middle point needs to be reworked. At the moment it’s just one big flat area with a house in the middle. If you look at pl_badwater’s first area, you should probably do some of the same stuff they’ve done – that is, make some hills and put some rocks, etc. to make it more interesting. (edit: what illii said)

.____________.

It is very open and big, every part of it. Like, there are places where height advatages can be used, but can never be used to their fullest potential or be regained by the enemy as everything is SO FAR AWAY, it ends up being a pretty long range war all the time. This due to soldiers having to jump 2-4 jumps to actually get close to their enemy, and then dying because the rest of the team failed at going forwards at the exactly same time.

Imo there should be some form of small height advantages around the middle point, as in not just the roof and a ramp to stand on if you want to get higher up. As you can pretty much get spammed down by anything being this far down standing on the ground. Its all just very flat atm, making it difficult to gain any form of advantage no matter how far you push forward. (edit: what f2 said)

Vali

-9w-

Waaaaay too big.

F2

Danmark

People have to be more precise than “it’s too big”.
Because area-wise I guess it’s about the same size as granary.

I’ve measured how much time it takes to run from spawn to the middle area – and to the middle cap point – on both granary and outlaw, as a medic.

Granary middle area: 26s
Outlaw middle area: 23s

Granary middle cap: 29s
Outlaw middle cap: 27s

.____________.

Running to middle has little to do with the map being huge. The overall areas surrounding the points, especially the middle and last point aswell as the tunnels, are too open and flat. Its all about the general landscaping and wide areas that arent of any use that is the problem here.

And say you’d get on the middle point and start capping it. Being on this cap should give you some sort of advantage. Which it doesn’t. Like on pretty much every map there is, it’ll all about territorial control. Which on this map i’d say getting certain areas is a recipe for getting spammed down if the enemy team pushes in. Its an easily spamable area, difficult to get out of. Also escaping from middle point is difficult, as the exits are soooo far away from the point (and the area is completely open).

kaidus

WiK?

I don’t know if this is just me but I felt mid capped too quickly also.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3