Forum

New maps

Created 29th October 2011 @ 21:23

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Mike

TEZC

Seriously it’s boring now, I’ve never complained about playing new maps, if the team you’re playing against is good then it’s fun and fresh as granlandswash is so boring now. In my honest opinion and I think it’s pretty true, premier teams only play badlands 24/7 ’cause it’s easier to agree on, and everyone else plays it because the premier teams do.

tl;dr be more open to new maps, pretty sure only 1 of the premier teams ever tried bazillion, and even then not versus another premier team :/

AnimaL

stop beeing elitist bastard, everyone else plays badlands bcs its good not bcs u do

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Cough http://steamcommunity.com/groups/etf2lmaptesters Cought

Quoted from CrashSite

Cough http://steamcommunity.com/groups/etf2lmaptesters Cought

COUGH

atmo

do it now dum dums

collis and croissant, latest versions
http://kritz.me/cp_collis_b7a2.bsp [USA West]
http://doublejump.eu/cp_collis_b7a2.bsp [UK]

http://kritz.me/cp_croissant_b7.bsp [USA West]
http://doublejump.eu/cp_croissant_b7.bsp [UK]

nvc

“premier teams only play badlands 24/7 ’cause it’s easier to agree on, and everyone else plays it because the premier teams do.”

Such a retarded statement, ask yourself why it’s “easier to agree on”.

archy

as for me, i have had enough of grandlands already a long time ago.

sometimes i cant even see badlands any more.

antyjc

2ne1

once all those finnish idiots are gone then maybe we can try new maps

atmo

There is familiarity with blands from watching casts so you know the names of places to call and such. But that’s the fun in new maps.

Jamal

We all are playing badlands because it’s easier then trying something new, we are stuck in some kind of routine.

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from nvc

“premier teams only play badlands 24/7 ’cause it’s easier to agree on, and everyone else plays it because the premier teams do.”

Such a retarded statement, ask yourself why it’s “easier to agree on”.

because everyone’s played it a billion times and it doesn’t require some quick thinking or use of initiative

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Not to provoke an argument, although I am fully aware that I might, but knowing a map so well doesn’t mean that there is a lack of innovation. How you respond to different situations can be a way of changing up a map.

A new map people are not so knowledgeable about just means that hiding spots are easier to use (have to say roaming on Badlands is getting harder, still some spots to use though).

While I love new maps and some times get annoyed at Granlands 24/7, those maps allow teams to work on set strats, comms and teamwork, not a new random hiding spot or play.

This is not to say that new maps should not be played, but after a long enough period of time, all maps become Granlands, when the level of familiarity with it means that crazy plays are harder and harder to do.

archy

Quoted from CrashSite

Not to provoke an argument, although I am fully aware that I might, but knowing a map so well doesn’t mean that there is a lack of innovation. How you respond to different situations can be a way of changing up a map.

A new map people are not so knowledgeable about just means that hiding spots are easier to use (have to say roaming on Badlands is getting harder, still some spots to use though).

While I love new maps and some times get annoyed at Granlands 24/7, those maps allow teams to work on set strats, comms and teamwork, not a new random hiding spot or play.

This is not to say that new maps should not be played, but after a long enough period of time, all maps become Granlands, when the level of familiarity with it means that crazy plays are harder and harder to do.

a lot of thruth in that. I am going 1 step further and claim that this whole game could be more exciting if some off-classes would not be considered “trolling” whenever you run them.

There is no rule that you must not run a pyro on Badlands mid or a similar off-class. Otherwise there seems to be an unwritten rule that a pyro is totally legit when defending last. But as soon as the off-class leaves the invisible boundaries of a certain area, the class is all of a sudden considered to be “trolling.” I am not ranting, just talking about my own experience.

And the attitude of some players like “on-class or kick” is not the way to go, guys.

EDIT: P.S.: The comp tf2 community seems to live under unwritten rules/invisible boundaries. Pyro as a class is really strong. A demoman is in theory completely helpless against a pyro. This game offers 9 exciting classes that are all fun. There is no rule that you must run the common 2sc-2sol-1med-1demo line up.

Peace.

EDIT 2: oh and yes, we are definitely stuck in a routine. I would have nothing against a season entirely without badlands tbh. The map gets boring after countless hours… :)

MIndYe

[hePPa]

IMO in double mixes and stuff, you should play new maps A LOT more. But when playing with your team, you want to play the maps that matter in the league. And grannywashlands is half of those maps.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from archy

[…]

a lot of thruth in that. I am going 1 step further and claim that this whole game could be more exciting if some off-classes would not be considered “trolling” whenever you run them.

There is no rule that you must not run a pyro on Badlands mid or a similar off-class. Otherwise there seems to be an unwritten rule that a pyro is totally legit when defending last. But as soon as the off-class leaves the invisible boundaries of a certain area, the class is all of a sudden considered to be “trolling.” I am not ranting, just talking about my own experience.

And the attitude of some players like “on-class or kick” is not the way to go, guys.

EDIT: P.S.: The comp tf2 community seems to live under unwritten rules/invisible boundaries. Pyro as a class is really strong. A demoman is in theory completely helpless against a pyro. This game offers 9 exciting classes that are all fun. There is no rule that you must run the common 2sc-2sol-1med-1demo line up.

Peace.

EDIT 2: oh and yes, we are definitely stuck in a routine. I would have nothing against a season entirely without badlands tbh. The map gets boring after countless hours… :)

Well thats all I do <3.

I run more off-class than my scouts. Pyros, spies, sniper if I am feeling it, heavy a lot. I don't do it cos I am bored just cos it is fun <3

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »