Forum

dm_superstore

Created 23rd September 2011 @ 15:30

Add A Reply Pages: 1

steve

So after spending the majority of my TF2 playtime on the Multiplay dm_store server (85.236.100.104:27515), I noticed some huge flaws in the map design which bugged me and a lot of other players. So I’ve made a fixed version of the map. I know a lot of competitive players (of all divisions) frequent this server so I decided to post this here for some feedback, more exposure, or maybe someone wants to run it on their server. The changes are:

-enlarged red/blue respawn areas
-created a second ground exit to make spawn camping harder
-spread out player respawn locations
-added another resupply cabinet to each respawn
-added a ‘lookout’ window to each respawn wall
-lowered the window ledge along the main walls just enough for players to crouch-jump onto them
-greatly raised the roof to allow more vertical play
-redesigned the sniper deck to a drop-down exit to prevent risk-free sniper camping
-removed sniper deck resupply cabinets due to them being usable by the enemy team and them not being a part of the respawn area
-fixed a bug that allowed engineers to build buildings just behind their spawn doors

Hopefully it’s the final version (I’ve fixed all the bugs I haven’t missed) and the Multiplay admins have agreed to test the map on their 24/7 server. It should be live whenever they get around to uploading it.

DL link: http://www.mediafire.com/?117u5dq145l45ko

screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/2Bcko

Last edited by steve,

Le meme arrows

Neat

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

i like

Last edited by Daleth,

Forsak3n

S

Any screenshots?!

steve

added some

baerbel

trick17
trick17

awesome!

Atkins

Velox.
TSPAG

love you

Rotab

≧◡≦

direct linkageeee http://rotabland.eu/maps/map.php?id=2953

steve

the new ip for the 24/7 server is 85.236.100.104:27515

Petrus

tH

Just played it – totally awesome

bench

I have played dm_superstore for about 800 hours and I have to say that it was the main reason for me playing tf2. steve, the creator of this map, played on it a lot, but on his second account due to him forgetting his main’s password. This is undoubtedly my favourite map due to its design and the players who played on it. Although massively toxic, the community (to which I was apart of) had a lot of skill, talent and humour. Most of my best times on tf2 have been on dm_superstore.

Unfortunately, all good things must end. Some of the best regular players on dm_superstore ,such as steve and cockingpizzahere, just disappeared without a trace. The multiplayer admins started to join our server and kick people for no reason. Derpyfriends got a perma ban for telling the admins that they were ruining the server. Eventually they left, but we still were weary about more coming. Then CS GO came out and most of our players just left due to steve and cockingpizzahere leaving. This left very few people. The server would be empty all the time, leaving me on the server alone. After a while, people started to join. But they were very low skilled players who did heavy-medic combos for hours or built sentries. Later, Multiplay decided to kill the already dead dm_superstore server and make it massively laggy and slow. It just wasn’t playable anymore. So the dm_superstore community (-nuze and some others) died along with steve, cockingpizzahere and the server itself.

If steve ever sees this, which he probably won’t, please try to get the server fixed, or something to make the server great again. If the dm_superstore map can get a server, the dm_superstore community will come back.

Thanks

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

rip

Pete_

PrettyGay

never forget

Funs

Nice, cobweb-ridden threads

Add A Reply Pages: 1