Forum

CP Konkreet (b4)

Created 1st September 2011 @ 13:19

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »

Limp.

EPA

You get stuck on every corner as its looks like they are round but theres actually a sharp invisible corner/wall.

Heavy too strong on this map

Larges points are quite fun as its seemed to draw fights on points instead of chokey areas.

Polish polish polish, invisible walls are annoying and overall its quite messy.

3/5 ei maistu salami

b0nes

[DA]
[DA]

having to jump at the top of the ladder/ramp thing at cp2 to get up, when it looks like u could just walk, i think that might be a bug.

leave the large cps, u cant easily just camp your corner to cancel cap on mid, as you can easily be hit from above and sides. And anyone who learned the map should not be flanked too much.

Quoted from Mark

[…]

Well what I will say is it looks like your team only managed to play one game, and it was a 5-0 roll.

Despite it being a roll I had fun playing. Doesn’t make me dislike the map any less.

But silly me this should teach me not to give negative feedback to anyone.

And like I said before the map looks interesting but I just can’t see it work in a competitive environment.

GL fixing and completing the map though I guess.

Wacked

Someone said that second is easy to defend, which depends fully on your team. We found it hard to defend the second point as you’re so far back if they get the height advantage, sending someone around on the right side also leaves you fully open to be boxed in in the furthest away position.

We also used this to our advantage, cause as soon as you’re behind the fence from house, no way in hell you can defend second without popping early. Which, we experienced being done.

Heavy was indeed a very easy choice to run, we got rolled as soon as we met one. Running around like chickens all over the place. We had some better luck when running one our selves but then again, it comes back to who holds his area of the middle cap the best – pushes out last to get the last picks.

Overall, I like the last point. We considered running all in on lower right with flanking before the enemy could reach. It worked occasionally but top left was the obvious choice. Get the enemy out of there and the point is pretty much yours if executed properly.

Sort out the rough edges, the ladder / ribway on second. Add a second hole on the other fence when backing out. Perhaps consider widen the gap on last for the defenders. Middle, constraint he point to the middle a tad more, just to reach the two towers. Clearify even further which side to go ( yeah, I’m stupid and ran to our second once.. )

Widen the right tunnel pushing from mid (left side from second respawn ) and it’ll be another option for a push.

This might be bullshit for some but eh. We all have our ideas of how we want maps eh? =D

Abra

Quoted from Datenshi

[…]

Despite it being a roll I had fun playing. Doesn’t make me dislike the map any less.

But silly me this should teach me not to give negative feedback to anyone.

And like I said before the map looks interesting but I just can’t see it work in a competitive environment.

GL fixing and completing the map though I guess.

Absolutly any map can be competitive,if it’s mirrored,pararell,dunno how to explain =)
And if its fun to play than theres no doubts.

Mark

Phase

Quoted from Datenshi

[…]But silly me this should teach me not to give negative feedback to anyone.

All I’m saying is think about what experience you’re basing your comments on – you say you didn’t enjoy it – you played 1 map and lost 5-0, other people say they enjoyed it – they played ~3 maps and had some close games.

nice map, but imo too many ways u can flank ppl =D
and this thing where u havew to jump over after walking on ladder

fe

pretty good map, wanna play it more than once 0-5 :)

Quoted from fe

pretty good map, wanna play it more than once 0-5 :)

:D sorry for being too good

Last edited by Tarduuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu,

Wolf :D

PStM
DStS

horrible map, capture points are too big and impossible to backcap. the map overall feels tiny but the points are too big, and mid is just a clusterfuck.

Mark

Phase

Quoted from Wolf :D

horrible map, capture points are too big and impossible to backcap. the map overall feels tiny but the points are too big, and mid is just a clusterfuck.

Thanks, but again, you played 1 map that was 5-0 – maybe you couldn’t back cap because the team you were playing against were a good team.

Last edited by Mark,

Wolf :D

PStM
DStS

Quoted from Mark

[…]

Thanks, but again, you played 1 map that was 5-0 – maybe you couldn’t back cap because the team you were playing against were a good team.

It’s the back that if you backcap you can stop it from the other end of the map because of the capture points are so huge.

fe

Quoted from Wolf :D

[…] the capture points are so huge.

What are your interests excepting TF2? Fishing? The CPs are smaller than I thought while looking on screenshots. Of course the aiming of making bigger CPs is not to make backups easier, but to make fight for the CP more tough, sometimes epic.

Mark

Phase

b3
– Added ramp to high area on mid
– Redesigned first spawn
– Made cp1 slightly smaller (allows for passing it without capturing)
– Detail/clipping improvements

http://i.imgur.com/zG6uZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5DCjM.jpg

Also updated the pics in the OP.

Download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6591985/map/cp_konkreet_b3.bsp.bz2

Last edited by Mark,

gonna playtest tonight

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »