Forum

cp_croissant (final)

Created 8th August 2011 @ 02:04

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 28 Next »

Mordi

≧◡≦

rotabland’s mamma <3

on a serious note, i think we just found ourselves another stalemate map :/
way to big imo. i’d personally like to play it though, it looks good, but too big..

Last edited by Mordi,

Retsh0ck

32erz
2strong

Quoted from Mordi

rotabland’s mamma <3

on a serious note, i think we just found ourselves another stalemate map :/
way to big imo. i’d personally like to play it though, it looks good, but too big..

haven’t seen it yet, but I think the same about bazillion which is also HUGE ;p
the reason your first(?) map, gullywash, was and still is so good is because it’s a small(er than other) map and it’s easy to have a fast paced game there!
I’m posting this because I have seen bazillion and it’s so big ;[
If you end up making another map after this, try and make it small and awesome like gully :D
**this comment is my OPINION**

In no way take offense here, but I would seriously like to see this map played on a public server. Maps like yukon and badwater are so open that they are perfect on a public server and two of my favourite maps. Maybe this will fit right in? Contact a few admins of decent community servers to see what can be done.

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Could stick it on our community server, add it to the map vote…

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

It’s really not that big guys… cp1 and cp2 are more close to eachother than on any normal 6v6 map I can currently think of. And the mid is just “big” because of the valley area. The open feel of the deathpit around it makes it feel even larger. So yeah, like Arnold said in the opening post, rework the valley area and the deathpit, and this could be a really refreshing map for 6v6. Just need to get some games going.

Monkeh

It’s on our community server right now, join up here: connect 81.19.221.201:22000 and rtv your lives away.

If it isn’t full that is :)

Arnold

DAKKA

-skinnie:
I have a job though, I just don’t have a life

-Skully:
The fact that a demo can jump around the map is something i wanted from the very start, It’s not something that will always be the best choice but i like the player to have the option. I doubt it’s very effective when used every time.

The very short distance is to avoid stalemates, the points cap pretty slowly though so hopefully it balances out that way.

-Tviq:
Thanks for the screenshot, as for the demoman i explained my train of thought replying to skully I doubt it’s that good of a tactic but I want the player to have the option of doing so. I’m trying not to limit the tactical choices a team can make to push trough.

(I have considered ubering a demo for a tiny second to let him double sticky jump around the entire map, I would love to see stuff like that)

-Snyyppis:
Second point might be hard to cap, but we’ll have to wait and see, remember i haven’t seen a 6v6 match on the map yet.
The deathpit is directly behind it but if you want to push people off you have to commit, you can’t reverse back into the base.
The capping from the top is a tiny bug, i’ll fix it. It’s just the way source handles the position of the player is a bit tricky.
That long yard might be too open but i don’t want it as a main route, I’m looking into it though.

-Retshock, Mordi, Shintaz:
Thanks for the comments, I’ve illustrated the size by making this picture, it involves the playing area of each map only. I think you’re being deceived by the aestethics.

http://i.imgur.com/scPCV.png

-Shifty, Mark, Stuntz, Rotab, Monkeh:

Last edited by Arnold,

Clark

SDCK!

Too big for my taste.
Although, had fun playing it in a mix today, keep it going!

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Very wide open map. Can see it being great for highlander/pub.

Last edited by Daleth,

dodgydogman

Panda

Quoted from Snyyppis

After running through it a few times it definitely looks interesting, although as with any mirrored map I think many teams would opt to play just on one side – red in this case – because of easier edging

theres like no reason whatsoever to use viewmodels.. A crosshair switcher will probably do fine for most

choiie

keso

Quoted from dodgydogman

[…]

theres like no reason whatsoever to use viewmodels.. A crosshair switcher will probably do fine for most

How is that related to anything?

Mordi

≧◡≦

Quoted from dodgydogman

[…]

How is that related to ANYTHING? :D

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from dodgydogman

[…]

Congrats. You don’t understand the issue. m(

Thalash

wG
S-O

Played this map in a mix the other day, gotta say it was the most fun I’ve had in a mix in a long time. Enjoyed watching Yin jumping (falling) in the water all the time. And overall it’s just really different from all the other maps.

Springer

DAKKA

And again a masterpiece of art, you little prophet.
Make some weapons and hats so Valve can release a Arnolds-update :)
Congrats with the contest win and the 3 years of dedicated mapping… but who is counting.

One a side note, stop wasting you time on l4d2.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 28 Next »