Forum

cp_snakewater | final1 released!

Created 25th August 2010 @ 15:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 26 27 28 ... 40 Next »

atmo

Given the distance to the last point, would ubering in Scouts be a viable strategy to close the gap?

choiie

keso

Thanks for the input; I’d agree that the last point is if not the worst, at least the most challenging part of the map. I haven’t seen the scout rush tactic in action, but it sounds like it could work out great considering the actual distance to the enemy team is actually not that big. The problem with the map being hard to push is probably because there’s so many palces to spread out to, height advantages for defending soldiers and so on. Teams that fail to take control of such vantage points will also have trouble capturing the point.

This is also why I wouldn’t encourage straight out uber vs uber pushes, which will always leave you at a disadvantage, but rather experiment with non-uber pushes and trying to surprise the defending opponent. I will definitely give this version another season in the league before I decide on any changes; most people seem to see the map as rather slow, but they still find it quite fun.

Last edited by choiie,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from choiie

This is also why I wouldn’t encourage straight out uber vs uber pushes, which will always leave you at a disadvantage, but rather experiment with non-uber pushes and trying to surprise the defending opponent. I will definitely give this version another season in the league before I decide on any changes; most people seem to see the map as rather slow, but they still find it quite fun.

I think teams try this but because of the very advantageous positioning posibilities of a defending heavy it is very hard to for instance send a soldier kamikaze to just force them, as the heavy will nope.avi him into oblivion. Same goes for scout rush. I’ve tried this with 2 scouts. If you go left the combo can still be reactive enough to switch right. If you go right and it’s stickies, there’s a big chance that your scouts will be launched out of your uber range. Pit push seems the best route to be able to engage the enemy regardless of their position, but due to the severe height disadvantage you’ll get outspammed before you can even properly initiate your push.

In the end it’s kinda like old gully (with the non-nerfed spawndoors/cabinets) in terms of toughness to push. It’s not impossible, and to be fair it’s nice to have a map where, when a team gets wiped on mid, there is still a chance to defend their last. Uber v Uber can just be extremely tiresome at times.

choiie

keso

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2447457/cp_snakewater_b60001.jpg

atmo

shouji can you fix the wallhack shadows in the lobby

Snyyppis

RLM

Quoted from atmo

shouji can you fix the wallhack shadows in the lobby

and windowroom

AnimaL

didnt valve say some time ago they fixed those bugs?! or was it just a dream?

choiie

keso

Indeed, no ideas how to fix those, it seems quite arbitrary and is a problem with the source engine… It’s a shame because I’ve seen quite a few times where they’ve ruined some nice hiding spots, but I don’t know of any way to fix it.

Dunno if you know but you can’t change class near this wall in the BLU spawn:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xMrSunshine/screenshot/469734903531291045

that’s the left wall if you’re looking at the spawn and right wall if you’re coming out of the spawn. Doesn’t happen on RED side.

Mark

Phase

To fix the shadow bugs, you need an info_no_dynamic_shadow entity. Then just select the faces that you don’t want shadows to appear on.

Guess it’s pointless now though…

edit: or you could set the shadows to have 0 pitch, which is what Valve did in Badlands… Snakewater uses +25 so the shadows are angled.

Last edited by Mark,

choiie

keso

Quoted from Mark

To fix the shadow bugs, you need an info_no_dynamic_shadow entity. Then just select the faces that you don’t want shadows to appear on.

Guess it’s pointless now though…

edit: or you could set the shadows to have 0 pitch, which is what Valve did in Badlands… Snakewater uses +25 so the shadows are angled.

I’ll have a look at this if there’s ever a new update for snakewater! Thanks!

Snyyppis

RLM

New gameplay element: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Snyyppis/screenshot/487751204000516434

Vlijm

UbeR |

lol :D

twopm

spam is not nice

Last edited by Sonny Black,

choiie

keso

What in the jesus christ…..

O_O

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 26 27 28 ... 40 Next »