cp_snakewater | final1 released!

Created 25th August 2010 @ 15:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 40 Next »

choiie

keso

nvm.

Keyro

Cheater

We will run a cup with your map un the french community, hope we can provide you some nice feedback.
http://www.tf2connexion.fr/index/news/read/id/37

sup themeswitchers

choiie

keso

Merci Keyro, si mon traduction de la poste d’actualité n’est pas tout faute, je suis très flatté! J’èspere que vous jouissez le map dans votre coup :)

EDIT: not google translated btw :D

Last edited by choiie,

GeneSIS^

[MIPC]

That backround noise on 2nd cp and last point is annoying, its so loud that cant even hear mumble or other gamesounds. Other than that best custom map what ive played in tf2.

Polished graphics, no framerate issues, medpack/ammopacks seem to be evenly distributed albeit in some funkyass places. Each point feels like the entrances are spread way too far apart, it’s so easy to get behind the enemy especially as Scout. It’s impossible to defend all routes from and to CP3/2 enough, meaning that defending a point is more of a gamble hoping they’re not taking the route you’ve left open since all routes are equally viable to push from. Pushing last….

Get a double Heavy and you’d have to fuck up pretty bad if you want to lose it. Due to the elevated platform on top of the point they have the high ground, massive sightlines and can force you to über waaaaay earlier than the defending team. If they’re doing it right and with a little luck you don’t even have to über until their über has run out. The Heavies up there is very little you can do other than hope they’re not paying attention to Spies/Snipers. You can’t spam them off because there’s no wall behind them, you can’t come close since they have the high ground and you can’t jump them because they have the high ground.

DwarF

It was a really fun map to play matches on.. Get in on the ladder/leauge!

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Middle is brilliant to play, I love the way to flows etc. But that’s where it ends for me, 2nd is kinda meh but it’s too easy to get picked off from a far distance by a sniper, last for me is awful.

When we played we attacked last countless times, but the elevated building and the elevated cp is to much of an advantage for the defenders, not only that but the spawn points seem strange or it’s just us being unlucky, we had loads of people spawning like 10 seconds later to go heavy and defend again.

It’s a good map and has potential but last/2nd needs work for me :/ the map is just way to sniper friendly as well.

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

:/ the map is just way to sniper friendly as well.

Forgot to mention this. When on second, you can shoot all the way to mid or get shot from all the way back at last. :S

Will

cant say i liked the map if im honest, main reasons below:

1) to many routes leading to, too many places from 2nd to mid, got confused running in circles from mid too 2nd.
2) 2nd was too cramped imo
3) too easy to get behind for scouts
4) lower door to 2nd from mid is too easily spammable (makes retreating through them almost impossible imo)
5) too easy for a sniper with the large open spaces, with very little possible cover
6) last is a heavies wet dream with very little space to move freely and effectively.
7) some spots on the map are also too dark

Cant be bothered with thinking of more… Cant see anything inspired by any other map, just feels like yukon with different textures

All above is from a medics view point.

Last edited by Will,

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Also, the only viable option to push from to last is through the right side (with the tall building), the other sides are too far away, with little cover and from middle just doesn’t seem viable with the height advantage that the defenders have.

ooKami

We didn’t have that big possibility to play the map so much. we just played it once before the cup and we’ve lost the first game in a weird way.

Anyway, i didn’t understand what to do on central point as a scout (beside going behind the enemines by the central side gates) because imho is not wide enough. I was acting like a “pocket scout” for demo and med, because the central point was all sticked and the soldiers were above, so it was kinda hard to get them or go behind using high buildings.

On the second point i find hard to cover properly, maybe we didn’t know how to, but still the scout pushing second have so much valuable options to sneak behind (especially if assisted by an heavy class).
As somebody i guessed said before me, the left door is a spamfest and the steep part from central to choke gives a huge advantage to enemies, advantage added to the fact that the defending team doesn’t have a long way to retreat, central and second are imho too close.

For the last point i found engi quite useful (big or little sentry it doesn’t matter), because of the wide spaces it’s a good option to defend i think, but even sniper friendly in attack.
Another thing i was thinking about is the dropdown, in the beginning i tought it was kinda useless, but a scout can watch from there and spot enemies and call stuff (spy approaching 2nd point, position of the sniper, distribution of the players exc) in an almost completely safe way.

Personally we had a lot of problems tonight (server crashed twice, minutes got eaten and rythms broken, half of the team was offclass and i was lagging so bad and couldn’t play else but engi).
I like this map, but it gives a strange feeling to me as a scout, mostly for the central point, but maybe is just me and i just didn’t understand it.

choiie

keso

I played one game and watched three more in tf2tv, and I’ve got to say I agree to heavies being slightly overpowered on last. The first change I’m going to make is flipping the high shack above the point to make it easier for attackers to reach it. However I think it’s a lot about coordination and not just headlessly running into the heavy, which happened a few too many times in the games I watched. Double heavies… well I don’t think there’s any map where a double heavy isnt OP on last cap.

Either way I’ll still have to look at ways of adding a bit more height advantage for attackers.

I have a feeling snipers being overpowered is a bit of an illusion. Sure, there are some sightlines which might need tweaking, but in most places snipers can only shoot on a very limited area, despite being able to see almost everything.

I think scouts slipping behind too easily might be an effect of most people not knowing the map too well thus not keeping an eye out on all flanks, but I’ll be sure to look for any tendencies of overpowered flanks.

Thanks for etf2l for hosting the cup, to everybody to played it and to the casters who did an excellent job!

GeneSIS^

[MIPC]

better than obscure easily. that bottom route on last is kinda useless imo, no cover at all and u cant sneak with scout. other than that great map, should be in map pool for next season.

Sketch

MM

i agree with chojje on the sniper and also on the scout flanking thing.

i think that on last the top of the point needs to be slightly larger to aid attackers in gaining height above the point without getting spammed down too quickly.
this would also relieve the slightly cluttered feeling you get when standing on the last cap.

i also think that the last point only needs one ramp up to the top not 2 and that t should be placed on the opposite side to the high tower.

scout play for me was fine on the map. Our team generally played with one scout gaining the high ground at the start of the round and the other playing demo pocket. the extra spam from the scout up top aided our roaming soldier in gaining the high ground initially.

the flanks at mid are easily defended but. a good bit of brute force can give your team a strong advantage. sometimes we saw enemy scouts heal up after their first fight on mid and push back in through their spawn room flank. and that proved quite effective at times.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 40 Next »