Forum

cp_collis

Created 9th August 2010 @ 19:19

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 12 Next »

archy

woop woop

beta4 is in progress atm. before i release a rc though, i want to have feedback from a cup, when people really had some thoughts on the map. you never know… what if someone discovered a massive imbalance on the map? and then everybody would copy it… and do it… and here we are: you get a massive stalemate like on gran’s yard. i just want to be 99,9% sure.

that’s how i do things.. either i do them properly or i leave them. :)

btw the new tunnel is awesome :D so much better than the last one. its just so much fun to work on something and let your creativity work on it and make it look awesome. :D (and play well, ofc…).

cheers

archy

i just have to ask… is there anyone in the etf2l community who is capable of editing models (props) properly? (ye.. lol…)

the alpha testers “loved” (?) the waterfall, which was not included in any beta yet because its too long on the horizontal axis. Basically i just need someone that is able to cut that nasty piece off :x.

to get you an idea: http://img16.imageshack.us/i/cpcollisa150015.jpg/

If I cant find anyone to do me that favor, I will have to leave the waterfall… but i would like the public opinion about it.

cheers

Defur

what seems to be the problem with having the nasty piece there?
Do you see it and it looks weird from the map, or does it chew fps?

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

It is loooking strange because the waterfall started somewhere in the air.

archy

ye, the waterfall is so awesome, its coming directly from heaven. It comes our of nowhere, goes through a massive rockwall and then comes out of a sewer gate. thats whats wrong with it^^

archy

well im up for anyone who can offer me his help. because my knowledge base of editing props is somewhere about 0…

i mean i have really no clue about it and i might even be asking for something realy, really difficult right now. óÒ

however, beta4 is just being compiled and will be out tonight. the changelog will basically be what i have posted in one of my previous posts, reworked tunnel and so on.

so stay tuned ;>

archy

bump for collis_b4! The Tunnel Update

DL LINK:

http://game-control.net/gameserver/maps/cp_collis_b4.bsp.bz2

CHANGELOG TO B4:

– reworked the tunnel:
* there is some space to move around now
* only one chokepoint left (and that one is at it’s yard entrance)
* added some details
– reworked the “top left lobby” (let’s call it like that…)
* added 2 concrete blocks to seperate the stair case from the rest of the room
* removed the gate to last
– the area around the second resupply now looks much nicer. (but its not finished yet…)

tarmo-

<3 Fruit

Quoted from archy

i just have to ask… is there anyone in the etf2l community who is capable of editing models (props) properly? (ye.. lol…)

the alpha testers “loved” (?) the waterfall, which was not included in any beta yet because its too long on the horizontal axis. Basically i just need someone that is able to cut that nasty piece off :x.

to get you an idea: http://img16.imageshack.us/i/cpcollisa150015.jpg/

If I cant find anyone to do me that favor, I will have to leave the waterfall… but i would like the public opinion about it.

cheers

Buck has been real helper so far for me when I’ve needed a modeler. Can’t guarantee that he’ll help, but here’s his steampage: http://steamcommunity.com/id/DaddyBuck/

Last edited by tarmo-,

archy

ty, im gonna add mesage him tommorow!

Skyride

DUCS

Ye, Buck’s an awesome modeller, should check out his entry’s for the polycount contest. :3

Also, I’ll get b4 on the pickup channels later today. :)

Buck

I Should be able to fix that for you, get in touch with me some evening when i’m back from work :) Preferably Tuesday or Thursday as on other days i’m bit busy :)

archy

Buck is credit to map x)

the rumours that Buck is awesome have proven to be true. He was able to cut the waterfall off and therefore you will see a collis_b5 with a waterfall x) along with some other visual and aesthetical imrpovements once again!

cheers

Mark

Phase

You could always just make the waterfall out of displacements.

techtron

good map for etf2l :)

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

bump, thread is back

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 12 Next »