Forum

New freight: yey or nay?

Created 29th April 2010 @ 07:26

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 16 Next »

Septique

Yey for the spawntimes and cp3! Not sure about the cp2. Seems a bit messy.

JimmyBreeze

k^m

Quoted from Septique

Yey for the spawntimes and cp3! Not sure about the cp2. Seems a bit messy.

It does seem messy, but at some point you have to trust the guy who has made 2 maps for Valve and is a pro mapper. Read my posts on page 2 for his insights into CP2 design.

Kop

[CiC]
CiC

cp2 does look messy but the map seems nice, just played it on pub and enjoyed it, Will have to play a pcw b4 i really make my mind up on it tho.

Septique

Quoted from JimmyBreeze

[…]

It does seem messy, but at some point you have to trust the guy who has made 2 maps for Valve and is a pro mapper. Read my posts on page 2 for his insights into CP2 design.

Missed your post. Good points made there yeah.

bam wizzle

Nay!

m00n

Well, Monday Night Madness might wanna try this?

Tenshi

No way.

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from JimmyBreeze

[…]

The same way we trusted valve with gorge? That worked out so great, everyone was so happy…

In seriousness though, I like the new freight. Last seems infinitly better, the tweaks to mid are an improvement, spawn times I have no idea about as my hud was fucked when I played it. CP2 is a bit dodgy, but I think when we get used to it it’ll be as good if not better. It really needed a third route – really really badly, only time will tell if it’s been achieved in the right way.

Mark

Phase

All I would say is the planks covering the bit in cp2 seem a bit questionable because while I understand they block off the spam from spawners, as you are capping, that would probably be fixed with the increased spawn times. But I would trust fishbus with my life so all is good.

spendy

nay

Randdalf

(0v0)

Yey. I’m all for change.

Bassie

epx^
Üb

Its horrible! noway.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Can any of the no’s construct a decent argument as to why they think previous versions are superior other than your implied inability to relearn a map’s layout?

Last edited by Admirable,

LuckyLuke

UbeR |

Quoted from Vad

I guess we have a map for MNM #5.

This. :) I want to try it first. I took a look at it and it looks really cool. Also love the new lights for the train on mid.

+1 for MNM

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 16 Next »