Forum

New freight: yey or nay?

Created 29th April 2010 @ 07:26

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 16 Next »

octochris

(0v0)

after playing it a few times, change my yay to a nay, some changes (even on mid) are a complete downgrade

Mordi

≧◡≦

NAY

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

I like the new freight better.. so Yay!

Like the middle section alot better then the custom one, the roofing brings an extra dimension. Second is stil… soso.. someone said claustraphobic, I agree with that. Might give some more room to push in with a crit silently.
And respawn times are a bit better now. It feels more balanced.

Stimpy

Its Shit. Why they could’t just fix the spawn times and call it final i dont know.

DIEHARDD

Sorry, but I don’t like it.

EDIT: Nay.

Last edited by DIEHARDD,

Keyro

Cheater

Affter playing ont the map 3/4 times : Yay !
-Middle is best
-Last is a lot better
-Second is… different, i didn’t like the old one but i’m not a fanboy of this new one, a bit complicated maybe.

btw the rollout is not suitable to comp play.

The map need some changes on point 2 and rollout i think, but in this state the map is far better than the old freight i personnaly find terrible.

Randdalf

(0v0)

Last is better, mid is better, but 2nd is hard to push into, claustrophobic and did not need that entryway blocked off no matter how much the author dislikes Benny Hill.

kuma

Good points:

– Pushing last is more diverse. You can delay the uber a decent amount and you have 2 viable routes in which to push without an immediate pop. Basically, you now have the choice of a hard fast push through garage doors or a soft push from main/top to try and bait a pop.
– Middle is improved, the ledges help give a good advantage to the pushing team as they should be rewarded for getting through a choke.

Bad points:
– The 2nd point is still poorly designed. The planks of wood should be closed off or made into a solid window. Right now one sniper can clear any presence off the lower floor making it really easy to push.
– Middle point is still too sniper friendly. There are limited options to pressure the sniper as it’s impossible to jump him. Too high reward for the risk.

That’s what I got from 2 pcws on the map so far.

Imo freight should be: cp1 like in _final, second like in _final1 and the rest like in the basic freight.

Quoted from Keyro

btw the rollout is not suitable to comp play.

The rollout is fine, you just jump off of the wall horizontally, instead of before where you went up to the top of the stairs, then a little hop up that ramp. Personally, i think it’s a better rollout for soldier. I don’t play demoman, but i think the same way is the easiest.

Ive yet to play new freight in 6v6, but old freight, the one played currently, is awful, and I’m sure most agree, broken. Even with spawn times fixed, its still freight and freight for me is a dirty, dirty word *spit*
Definitely try the new version in a MNM cup to see how it fairs, but Id much rather see a return of fastlane(prolane) or even koth viaduct, which is radically different to the rest of the map pool. eg FUN!

Last edited by smurf_buggery,

dauk

old one was much better.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Nay.

The 2nd point is a complete mess, there is no nice flow through that point to last. It feels really chaotic and cluttered, like a bad deathmatch map.

Sketch

MM

despite my former… erm… comparative optimism?
i now loathe this map!
i hate the roofs on mid. i greatly dislike every change about last point. and i just cant be bothered to comment on 2nd/4th it’s obvious already why i hate it.

plz lets use cp_freight. still my favourite map. i dont know how, but the update cp_freight final one is my most hated map…. yesterday we played gorge! over this tripe

all cp freight ever needed was a few map bugs fixed.

rant over.

octochris

(0v0)

cp_freight > cp_freight final simply because of the feel of the map.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 16 Next »