How did your Season 7 go?

Created 25th April 2010 @ 22:48

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 Next »

Bassie

epx^
Üb

Quoted from Wing

*rages*

/unrage. From 9m’s pov it does kinda suck last team dropped, but oh well what can you do EPX is a strong and tough team as shown good luck to you guys in div 4, hopefully we’ll see you guys around.

I’m sorry mate, didn’t mean to at all sound smug! I seriously hope you guys get into div4 you more than deserve it, but please, not in our table ;)

Last edited by Bassie,

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from mb

Got a div 1 demo in our roster, everyone we played whined, default hunter clan in our div, got a default loss because of computer problems and false facts from opposing team, was tied up at 2nd place at the end of the season, default hunter clan added a cheater to their roster, we end up in 4th place because of shitty point system. FML

Just to help you out a little:

1) Drone72 got a default win because the server logs (from your server), showed they had a full team on and you didn’t, thus were unable to play. They waited a long time for you to be ready, longer than the league’s default awarding time. Maybe they could have rescheduled, but they acted within the rules.

2) nGa appeared to be unaware that they had added a cheat who was returning with a new account. Unfortunately you can’t blame them for this, it’s a horrible thing if and when it happens. But calling them a default hunting team and being less than polite doesn’t reflect at all well on you. He played two matches for them, both of which had to be overturned to default losses. Since they’d already had one default loss, this totalled three and as per the league’s rules – they were dropped.

3) Points system was the same for every other season. No good moaning about it at the end of the season, when you’re well aware of how it works at the start. Smacks of being a sore loser and again doesn’t reflect well on you.

I feel bad for your team, but please don’t write utter nonsense in a thread whether it’s out of frustration or otherwise. Slandering other teams is pretty low.

P.S. You guys are going to be a candidate to be in Div4 anyway, so please keep your eye on news posts.

Last edited by d2m,

Still going through a rough patch of demotivation and lineup-changes that started with the end of season 5.
The only game we won (convincingly) this season was one we learned about literally 2 minutes before we had to play it, I think that says everything.

Can only get better in season 8.

Wing

Quoted from Bassie

[…]

I’m sorry mate, didn’t mean to at all sound smug! I seriously hope you guys get into div4 you more than deserve it, but please, not in our table ;)

It would be wrong of me to rage at you guys, you played your games and well I guess blaming Vatic would be more fair a default like that sheesh. :(

Either way, shame to see such a wonderful season end especially for one of the longest playing clan in competive TF2.

Depch

Interesting season for me and I’ll write from my personal point of view not as a viewpoint of the whole clan.

First a fold with team Fruit/Team Rockit at offseason just before season starting. It was something that just had to be done as there was no energy to glueing up yet again a new core of people together.

Then joining Blight gaming at early season with lots of expectations and even some good results in the beginning. After a while started noticing that there were some problems and activity problems that had been an issue for some time and it started taking a toll on the gaming. Started off with Wrdo leaving the team and after that Mönkiäinen. Perry had had no interest in gaming pretty much all season long and pretty much stayed as an idle backup. Even all before that we also made a change to get Hekka in as I had more chemistry with him than with Dreadi who is a vg dm soldier as well. This and all the other changes that happened force us to pretty much recruit guys to the team and play half of the season with 2 mercs so ended up being in the same position what it would’ve been in the original team I folded offseason. Kinda ironic. :D

Performance wise it was not a good season for me at all. Trying to glue up and get some chemistry, adaptating to someone else calling with a different type of metagame and such is all just kinda hard and results in lack of trust to teammates and your own confidence. Plus the changing players and such made it very tough to get things rolling on any level especially with the changing maps to practise. Do I think it would’ve made any difference if the map system had been oldschool? Nah, but I guess we could’ve gotten a few points at least and the new map system was nice as it allowed an exciting season overall where there were surprises as well.

Future for bE is pretty much in stasis now, obviously a very hard season and as there are not much attachements between players anything can happen and tbh none of us are interested in clan stuff at the moment, at least not with bE. :P

For future of div1 I really think it should be closed division, like no direct relegations or direct promotions. First you’d have to earn yourself a chance to play for a promotion by winning div2 and then play a playoff match where the best teams stay in div1. I’m not saying this because of the position we are at the moment, I was already speaking of this before the previous Rockit earned their spot in div1 by winning div2b. These folds in div1 have very much to do with things being easy to give up and make a new project and try again with a different set of players and I see nothing will be changing and the folds in div1 will keep on going untill this thing has been changed, kinda sad. :]

F2

Danmark

fairplay award @ bE !

Slick

Epsilon

Quoted from Depch

For future of div1 I really think it should be closed division, like no direct relegations or direct promotions. First you’d have to earn yourself a chance to play for a promotion by winning div2 and then play a playoff match where the best teams stay in div1. I’m not saying this because of the position we are at the moment, I was already speaking of this before the previous Rockit earned their spot in div1 by winning div2b. These folds in div1 have very much to do with things being easy to give up and make a new project and try again with a different set of players and I see nothing will be changing and the folds in div1 will keep on going untill this thing has been changed, kinda sad. :]

This has been repeated over and over, yet its always been ignored. I know admins did say this would definately be looked at for next season.

jgmaster

BM

Depch makes a very good point about the future of div 1 in his last paragraph. Admins take note.

Grammer

Veg

My season was really interesting tbh.Played in etf2l at the first time.My first team-Foxhound,noone here had any experience of any leagues, but we tried to improve in every game.Our division was cool and almost all the teams were nice.Now Foxhound gets a good experience and a stable roster,I think they’ll push next season. As for me,I’m playing now in Meet The with really nice guys.From now,mT’s roster is stable-3 great sollys,very promising demo,cool medic,who sometimes mercs 3 div teams, scout, one of the nicest cl I’ve ever seen and a really good guy also.And me,a random guy from 6 div=) With all the shit mT had this season(2 mg’s,lots of roster changes),I think it was a normal season and I hope we’ll push next season.
gl@8s=)
p.s.The idea,when 1st division is closed is really interesting,but tbh,lots of teams fold in 1st div every season.Will it be really interesting in that case?

Last edited by Grammer,

kaidus

WiK?

Should make div1 (possibly div 2) teams pay a deposit that they can get back if they don’t fold by the end of the season. Good plan right?

Last edited by kaidus,

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from kaidus

Should make div1 (possibly div 2) teams pay a deposit that they can get back if they don’t fold by the end of the season. Good plan right?

Haha an interesting proposal, but I’m not sure that works so well if there aren’t prizes for Div2 :p

We’d certainly make a fortune out of all the teams dropping though…

mb

keso

Quoted from d2m

[…]

Just to help you out a little:

1) Drone72 got a default win because the server logs (from your server), showed they had a full team on and you didn’t, thus were unable to play. They waited a long time for you to be ready, longer than the league’s default awarding time. Maybe they could have rescheduled, but they acted within the rules.

We had all 6 on scheduled time and they got their last on 15 mins AFTER scheduled time. Then my computer crashed and wouldn’t start until about 15 mins later, something that I couldn’t do anything about. So WE had to wait 15 mins for them but THEY couldn’t wait 15 mins for us!?

Quoted from d2m

[…]

3) Points system was the same for every other season. No good moaning about it at the end of the season, when you’re well aware of how it works at the start. Smacks of being a sore loser and again doesn’t reflect well on you.

Doesn’t negate the fact that it’s shit.

Last edited by mb,

Stew

Quoted from Dr Icecream

[…]
Of course he seems cool to you, he merced for you when you advertised low + and played against us two months ago :P

It was an offclass mix i guess… Musketer playing as soldier lowers the level to low-, so we had to have someone who should carry us :)

Last edited by Stew,

Warmaster

-[MG]-
HL

Quoted from mb

Doesn’t negate the fact that it’s shit.

I totally agree that the end table in our division doesn’t reflect the actual skill of involved teams but I don’t see how you can blame the point system however. 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss, sounds good. Admins have said you still have a large chance of promoting so stop flaming everyone/everything and save your dignity.

djc

d2f~

we didn’t finish last so i didn’t get to post my 17 page racially-charged anti-admin rant that would have gotten us enough major warnings to put us at -1 points

utterly disappointing season.

Last edited by djc,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 Next »