Forum

Highlander Community Challenge FAQ

Created 9th April 2010 @ 18:59

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

_Ben

;?

The ETF2L Highlander Community Challenge Frequently Asked Questions

Hello, this thread will explain a lot of useful information about the Highlander Community Challenge

So what’s this all about?

ETF2L in conjunction with VALVE the makers of TF2 have decided to host a competition to show just how great competitive TF2 is, the objective of this project is simple: give the non-competitive TF2 players the opportunity to play competitively and make their experience the best one possible.

Who can take part?

This tournament is eligible players who are new to competitive play. Anyone who has a history of division 5 or higher (or equivalent skill levels in other leagues) will not be allowed to play. However, we are also looking for buddies to mentor potential highlander teams. Buddies will be able to play in the matches but only as non competitive classes; spy, heavy, pyro and engineer

Where do I sign up?

Sign ups are due to open next month so keep checking ETF2L. In the meantime players should make sure they’re signed up on ETF2L

Buddies can volunteer themselves by joining the following steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/etf2lcommunity

What do I get out of this?

VALVE are giving away three different types of medals for being a part of this event: participation, runner-up & winner. These medals will be real in-game items that everyone can see and anyone not involved in this tournament will not receive one.

Can you tell me more about the in-game medal?

The in-game medal will be like a hat. Everyone can see it.
You will win a medal when you A) Win the tournament (winners medal), B) Finish 2nd in the tournament (runner up medal) or C) Are eliminated from the tournament (participation medal). You do not get a medal for just signing up.

Can I help make the model?

If you have previous TF2 modelling experience, yes. Remember to follow the TF2 style guidelines. Download this file and use it for size reference: http://www.filefront.com/16066897/badge_size.obj

When you have completed a concept of your medal, get in touch with an ETF2L admin. We will look at all the submissions and pick one before we ask the designer to make a finished version of it

How many people can be in one team?

14 people can be registered to each team. Make another team if you have more players (eg Community Team A, Community Team B, etc.) You cannot play in more than one team.

Are non-European teams welcome?

Yes, as long as you are fine with playing on European servers and in European time zones.

Are non-european players welcome?

all non-european players either community or buddy are invited to take part in this event but be warned, games will be played at normal european times.
—————————————————————————————————–

If you have anymore questions or anything you’d like to suggest then please do not hesitate to contact an admin through IRC Quakenet #Etf2l by typing !admin

_Ben

Quoted from _Ben

Who can take part?

This tournament is eligible players who are new to competitive play. Anyone who has a history of division 5 or higher (or equivalent skill levels in other leagues) will not be allowed to play. However, we are also looking for buddies to mentor potential highlander teams. Buddies will be able to play in the matches but only as non competitive classes; spy, heavy, pyro and engineer

Might wanna write a bit more on that regarding the new AFS season. None of my team in particular have any problems, but does it count if the players is div5+ in the AFS season?

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Shintaz

[…]
Might wanna write a bit more on that regarding the new AFS season. None of my team in particular have any problems, but does it count if the players is div5+ in the AFS season?

. It says equivalent to other leagues. Div5 in AFS is equiv to div5 in S7

Black_Bob

[DA]

I think it should include the summer season since div 5 is div 5.

dauk

if it’s like that then scew this.

ashkan

Quoted from Black_Bob

I think it should include the summer season since div 5 is div 5.

That would be a hard blow to teams who are dependant upon one or several division 6 players. There are already a number of such teams on the highlander list.

_Ben

;?

Hi all, it’ll be unlikely that we will allow players who are competing in div5 or above in AFS this season to play in the highlander cup

nath

[Ω]

Quoted from _Ben

Hi all, it’ll be unlikely that we will allow players who are competing in div5 or above in AFS this season to play in the highlander cup

Keep in mind that the teams were formed before the AFS with the intention that the league was going to be play before AFS, which also was promised.

Now that the Highlander tournament has been postponed I think there’s no reason to destroy the rosters of for example our team, who has more than 1 person play in AFS in or above div 5.

ashkan

I naturally agree with nathanson. Maybe the admins don’t realize the effect this has on the teams. Since I keep in contact with a lot of teams, I know. It’s an outrage.

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

div5 is still div5 in general. Having yourself advancing your skill doesn’t mean that you are still div5 if you play with a team of pubbers.

dauk

We’ll have 2 teams dropped from our community for that. Well done delaying it for I such a long time , prob most of people lost interest in it long time ago and now you’re doing this. You screwed up this.

Zepolak

§§

Basically, enforcing this rule at all cost might have a really negative effect if this affects too many teams.
It’s unlikely all of them, losing key players, will have the potential to continue (“oh, cool, we have to find a new demo & medic, nice !”)

Oh wow. That’s a shame, especially since it was announced way before the AFS.

NacktMull

LAME

“it’ll be unlikely that we will allow players who are competing in div5 or above in AFS this season to play in the highlander cup”

shouldnt that have been anounced earlier ?
its not fair for the players/teams that play div6 in normal season but are afs div5 or higher…

ashkan

I did a quick check with a bunch of teams. So far, there are a couple of teams which would have to fold, and a lot of teams who have players who are affected. It’s not really fair to them, after all the time they’ve invested :(

Everyone counted on the tournament starting a long time ago. In my opinion, AFS (and season 8 if affected) shouldn’t count. It would simply be devestating and unfair to the teams. Especially considering that these are the most committed teams who have already invested a lot of time in the tournament, under the presumption that they wouldn’t have worry about the coming seasons.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »