Forum

Mid season "hijack rule" changes

Created 29th March 2010 @ 09:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 9 Next »

Fodi

Quoted from Hellfish

i think there is a different in joining a lower team and playing off classes or being inactive like you do(@norris) or rhs. but it is rly fair to let players like the old px squad or moregnan join in mid season into a team and rape div4?
i guess thats why gobi made this thread. his team worked hard to get where they are and now they lost against a team which may just won cause of their new lineup.
but it looks like there isnt a single rule against this.
so px2, hope youll get a stable lineup for the next season and show us what you rly can reach.

LoL mate, Moregnan joined to px2. He isnt on a div4 level of skill? Well there are loads of guys playing lower divs than they should, are they unfair aswell? You seem to forget that its game which is all about teamplay. I believe our team constains people who could do well in div3 but we have/had a lack of teamplay, that why we are in div4 now. Simple, isnt it?

Norris

I didn’t know that there is a rule which means that you can only recruit div4 or div5 players if you aim to play div3 next season. Guess this is most likely what px2 is aiming for because they already had capable players in their roster.

Hellfish

mhh nobody saw my ninja edit :(

@ demou, as i ninjaedited: think taking a wildcard would be the fair choice but on the other hand efall could have done the same, they know about what they were facing.

@fodi
yeah i think its unfair for a good players to join lower teams and carry them.
and this game isnt all about teamplay

@norris, yeah there isnt a rule for that. i watched px2 from the start of the season and always thought they were a team which could easily handle div4. they had some good players in their lineup but for some reasons it didnt worked well. i dont have any problem with the team but im sure they could solved their problems without half of px1 joining the team. first step in the right direction was recruiting pan.

Last edited by Hellfish,

GeneSIS^

[MIPC]

http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-7255/page-1/
http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-7256/page-1/

demsii <3

Anathema

Paroxysm II played abiding by the rule of having 2 players from px1.
The other players were in Paroxysm II.
I honestly can’t see the problem here, nor the need for this topic to continue any longer.

huhystah

Quoted from Anathema

Paroxysm II played abiding by the rule of having 2 players from px1.
The other players were in Paroxysm II.
I honestly can’t see the problem here, nor the need for this topic to continue any longer.

+1

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from Vali

Because the application of the rule is much more vague than something specific like a certain %, thus it is more clear in describing in what circumstances actions would be taken.

This is correct :)

In the old description I tried to make clear that whether a team can be considered as being hijacked was something that needed to be reviewed by the admin team. The 40% was just a guideline and never a strict rule. The current version emphases that.

Last edited by RaCio,

hans

brz

First I’d like to ask: Why you make topic like this? Talk with admins if you think you’ve been treated wrong or so on… And I can’t see how px broke the rule. Conclusion —> “Stupid topic is stupid”.

PS. I reeaaaally had to. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QyYaPWasos

Last edited by hans,

Fodi

Quoted from Hellfish

“wildcard would be the fair choice but on the other hand efall could have done the same, they know about what they were facing.”
Honestly, I dont give a damn about who I have to play against, Im just trying to do my best. I guess something must be wrong with me…

“yeah i think its unfair for a good players to join lower teams and carry them.”
Welcome to the ETF2L mate, where did you put your head in the past not to notice that its quite usual? Its not about carrying, its about playing together coz we love the bunch. I feel sorry for you if your just playing to “carry” a team.

“im sure they could solved their problems without half of px1 joining the team.”
Dems and myself explained that like a hundred times, I wont do that again.

Hellfish

Quoted from Fodi

[…]
“yeah i think its unfair for a good players to join lower teams and carry them.”
Welcome to the ETF2L mate, where did you put your head in the past not to notice that its quite usual? Its not about carrying, its about playing together coz we love the bunch. I feel sorry for you if your just playing to “carry” a team.

oh yeah i believe you. we all play just cause we want to have fun with our friends who are in our team. thats why so many teams fold when they are on a loosing streak. btw why did so many px2 members left when you lost against teams like zD? i mean it sounds like you are a big family with somuch love in it ;)
should i start to count the days till youll fold?

Fodi

Quoted from Hellfish

[…]
oh yeah i believe you. we all play just cause we want to have fun with our friends who are in our team. thats why so many teams fold when they are on a loosing streak. btw why did so many px2 members left when you lost against teams like zD? i mean it sounds like you are a big family with somuch love in it ;)

They didnt left us because of the result. Anyway its out of your bussinnes but they left coz they either lost the motivation or simply didnt fit and felt comfortable: that happens usually in a team. Feel free to count the days if it makes you a happy german kiddo. :D
Indeed, we are a big homo bunch. <3

demsii

EPA

Quoted from Hellfish

[…]

As to reasons why people leave, you would have to ask them yourself. Or maybe you can look at yourself when you last left a team and ask yourself why.
As for results, you win some, you lose some. Can’t win them all :)

Please try to keep it mature and if you don’t have anything useful to say, don’t say anything at all. If you however do feel like flaming, come look me up on irc, I’ll be glad to go a few rounds with you. You can find me in #px-gaming

eoN^

To be perfectly honest it is completely wrong of Px2 to stack up players of a higher skill level than them but what can you do?

And if they do fold after a season and take a place in Div3 maybe make a new rule that players who leave during a season cant join any other teams for the rest of that season?

Maybe that would encourage less players to let down their whole team by leaving due to a little rant and maybe they could man up and finish what they started.

But meh, there will always be asshats when you can be anonymous thats just how the shitternet works.

/rant

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

You know what’s an unjustified joke?

cook leaving FB to play for px in an official, then rejoining FB a day later…

That’s a joke. Still rolled those fucking baddies.

demsii

EPA

I see the bandwagon trolls have found their way onto this topic aswell, I am happy, it was almost too easy :)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 9 Next »