Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 19 Next »

+1 kaidus

Last edited by Sturmis,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Sturmis

+1 kaidus

ThePledge

I’m not quite sure if I’m being out of line right here, but I’ll say it anyway. Dave+Byte: sorry if any of the following was not supposed to be said!

I spoke to Dave about a month ago, telling him about improvements I would like to see to the service that I represent whenever I’m casting. I love to do it, but I’m also a perfectionist: I want to make sure everything is absolutely 100% top notch.
That’s why I went to Dave with the requests of:
1. Making sure we get a youtube channel with VODs of the games (pov of the main caster, with the cast synced with it), in order for us to reach casual tf2 players as well.
2. A stream on either ETF2L itself or a stand alone website.
3. Having one-two games every week. Maybe not even from the ETF2L League only, but also from other leagues and also from lower division. I’m very much of favour from this point.

To all of those points, Dave reacted in a way that there was someone busy with it. The third point I’m trying to work on (I’m starting next week, after I finish some irl stuff), but it’s very hard for me to see any effort that Dave and Byte put in it atm. I don’t blame them, but a solid support group behind ETF2L Radio is only going to be achieved after you give them a solid service with a minimum amount of games per week.

I always wanted to be a caster, with a co-caster next to me in a way that pro casters are always casting with two or three of them as well. I want perfection, and I’ll try my hardest to reach that within the next month, with a lot of casts and, hopefully, a lot of feedback from you guys to make me reach perfection. I just hope there are more people within the ETF2L Radio group who have the same interest and the same motivation to go that far.

Thanks for the post kaidus, it’s the kind of feedback that we need. I’m just clearing up the situation as it is right now.

Pledge

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from ThePledge

1. Making sure we get a youtube channel with VODs of the games (pov of the main caster, with the cast synced with it)

We had that and some other things planned already :p

I think an update screwed it up though, since you can’t make “pov” demos while on stv anymore.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Everything Pledge says looks very interesting. If we could perhaps indeed get live streaming games in a specific page of this website, im sure multiplay could help us out? :].

Have 2 scheduled games each week one at the start and one at the end. Perhaps the first show at the start of the week could talk about the upcoming games and predictions etc? Then at the end of the week cast/show discussions could be had of the games gone by during the week/transfers as well as obviously casting the game itself.

Hit me up on steam if any of this sounds interesting Pledge i’d be willing to help you on your venture!

I remember when i was young listning to Barrysworld quake3 league radio with shogz and dr gonzo (legends) and they’d banter up the upcoming games and gossip for the week, was always a good laugh.

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Quoted from RaCio

[…]
We had that and some other things planned already :p

I think an update screwed it up though, since you can’t make “pov” demos while on stv anymore.

Do the casts on the actual server and delay the caster mumble with the mumble relay bot?

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Quoted from Sturmis

[…]

Do the casts on the actual server and delay the caster mumble with the mumble relay bot?

The relay bots are unregistered Mumble users and wouldn’t be able to talk in the ‘talk with your friends’ channels.

Mark

Phase

“1. Making sure we get a youtube channel with VODs of the games (pov of the main caster, with the cast synced with it), in order for us to reach casual tf2 players as well.”

I offered to do this but Dave said someone else was doing it (obviously they stopped).

Skyride

DUCS

Just to give my little technical input here, a web stream on ETF2L itself, run by ETF2L is going to be nigh impossible given the sheer bandwidth required by something like that. Equally a live stream account costs money for any reasonable amount of viewers/resolution. My suggestion would be to partner up with lvl^ in some shape or form for that.

The rest sounds totally reasonable to me. But as is the case with most great ideas here, I don’t think ETF2L has anyone to actually develop the system. :(

But ye, as a concept it sounds like a brilliant idea and I’d definitely love to help out.

Last edited by Skyride,

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from Skyride

I don’t think ETF2L has anyone to actually develop the system. :(

You? :D

Spike Himself

TC

yaoo get extine!

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from lolage

[…]

You? :D

Strangely enough, I’m really busy with other stuff atm, but I’ll happily provide whatever hosting/mumble etc is needed to save FB hosting their 9 millionth thing for ETF2L. :P

Last edited by Skyride,

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from Mark

I offered to do this but Dave said someone else was doing it (obviously they stopped).

We haven’t really stopped. But as I said earlier, there were some problems, so we have to decide what the best construction is.

There have been many projects for casting and other tf2 projects (top10). All have stranded at some point, mostly because of the amount of time it takes to get them done. So when setting up a new construction you want to be sure to divide and set up everything properly so it doesn’t rely on much work by specific persons and can be taken over if needed.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from ThePledge

3. Having one-two games every week. Maybe not even from the ETF2L League only, but also from other leagues and also from lower division. I’m very much of favour from this point.

Plenty of low div games tonight, if people were interested enough to do it ;)

Also, you know, MiG vs Digi for those interested.

/shameless div5shitnerd plug

Last edited by Enef,

Mark

Phase

Quoted from RaCio

[…]We haven’t really stopped. But as I said earlier, there were some problems, so we have to decide what the best construction is.

There have been many projects for casting and other tf2 projects (top10). All have stranded at some point, mostly because of the amount of time it takes to get them done. So when setting up a new construction you want to be sure to divide and set up everything properly so it doesn’t rely on much work by specific persons and can be taken over if needed.

Extine manages to do his eXtv casts with relative ease ;)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 19 Next »