Forum

Byte, Dave and Swarley's Cast Extravaganza - Feedback!

Created 17th March 2010 @ 21:45

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Oscar

Cheers

An enjoyable cast; interesting to have the insight of top players and their opinions of the game as it unfolds. As was said on Mumble before I typed this, listening to a basic commentary of the game is a fairly mundane experience so this was enjoyable.

The commentary team seemed to agree with each other too often for my liking; a few conflicting opinions would have made it even more enjoyable.

I believe it was mentioned on Mumble that Byte was having HUD problems so I can’t complain too much, but errors were made during the commentary. They don’t hurt the experience too much, but are noticable.

Other than that, it was a great listen. I would definitely look forward to any future casts.

Pacas

Nice cast ;) Good work!

Last edited by Pacas,

freakz

[8U]

Awesome cast guys, really enjoyed it, also the interview ;)
This is some nice stuff you got here lads, keep on going.

Dave

Mafia
wMiC?

Quoted from Oscar

An enjoyable cast; interesting to have the insight of top players and their opinions of the game as it unfolds. As was said on Mumble before I typed this, listening to a basic commentary of the game is a fairly mundane experience so this was enjoyable.

The commentary team seemed to agree with each other too often for my liking; a few conflicting opinions would have made it even more enjoyable.

I believe it was mentioned on Mumble that Byte was having HUD problems so I can’t complain too much, but errors were made during the commentary. They don’t hurt the experience too much, but are noticable.

Other than that, it was a great listen. I would definitely look forward to any future casts.

Thanks mate

Regarding mistakes, I think it didn’t help that Byte and I didn’t have the advanced spectator HUD – it definitely helped me once I reloaded and got it up. I also lagged out on Gully, so who knows what Byte got up to.

We’ll definitely work on getting our coordination together though :D

Priem

really enjoyable, byte’s constant talking wasn’t bad tbh ,but shouldn’t interrupt others.
The perfect end is when you invite some players from the match.
would for sure listen next time too.

dougiie

CotC

awh didn’t know this was happening.

Hope to catch the next one!

ups

Very enjoyable cast. Good work!

Warmaster

-[MG]-
HL

Very enjoyable cast.

Would love to see this happening again in the future. It can also be another good way to give new people an insight into competitive matches.

I’m looking forward to a next cast! Well done.

spence

¤_¤

Quoted from Oscar

An enjoyable cast; interesting to have the insight of top players

swarley….

Dave

Mafia
wMiC?

Quoted from spence

[…]

swarley….

:D

GriZZly

very good cast, one of the best i’ve ever listen to.

byte did a quite good job, i think its better to talk to much than not enough :P
i also liked the calm side with dave & swarley, nice input and good overview they see/found everything. (and the spy) xD

Maybe you guys should say whom you watch if you switch to POV.

Anything else was just fine, keep it up! we should have this every week

thx to [FB] for making this possible ;)

byte

This cast was prepared in the last 30minutes, my thanks to Jimmybreeze, Arie and Exfane for setting it up.

So obviously we didn’t have time record an mp3 of this game nor a VOD. However if the 100odd listeners who joined us tonight, would like to see these future casts then please say so…

I don’t know how i did overall, i know i spoke over sometimes above Dave and Swarley but it was a spare of a moment thing guys and its the 1st time i’ve casted with Dave/Swarley. However my aim was to try and give you listeners the big picture the analysis the logistics and give you “some passion” in the game.

I.e. sometimes i was talking as if i was playing the game, its just to give you the intensity and “love” of the game.

And for those that stayed longer we interviewed AAL and Marco after the game.

If the feedback is good guys i shall try and make a slot 1 per week to cast and obviously make it more professionally.

Thanks to all the listeners and comments i got after the game.

Thanks to Dave and Swarley as well.

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

mvp.

marco
¤_¤

good thing guys, keep it coming!

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

I only heard Gullywash and it was really enjoyable. There was just one thing that bugged me, and that was Byte not always being very descriptive of what was going on.

Like some push was being well executed, and Byte said 5 times “Really good play by player X, really good, well done, that’s excellent”, without saying what the player did and why that’s so good.
Same for teams in general. After a team makes a good push to win a round, or good defense to hold last, it’s nice to take a moment to explain what happened.

Overall, great stuff, definitely interested in hearing this kind of thing more often.

This was all very last minute, but I’ll keep that Mumble available for shoutcasts. Just contact me or Exfane if you want to do a cast. I can also arrange for it to be recorded and uploaded after the match.

Last edited by Arie,

JimmyBreeze

k^m

Considering the extreme last minuteness of this, I was very impressed with how the casting went down. Of course, it helped that we had an excellent game to spectate!

Naturally there are some issues to iron out, but the feedback has been so positive (even from a few non-competitive players I accidentally spammed on my friends list who ended up watching), that it’d be criminal to not make this a regular feature, in my opinion.

The post-match analysis was also really good, getting to hear stuff that you’d otherwise never have the chance to find out.

Byte’s play-by-play enthusiasm was really infectious and Dave and Swarley’s analysis was spot on.

Loved it, and I think we can make it even better.

Last edited by JimmyBreeze,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »