Forum

Question~

Created 2nd March 2010 @ 00:29

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Rikes

TFP

Okay, firstly I just discorved tf2lobbys and all this comp play last week.

I have read up strats watchs videos and started to play in TF2lobby, and boy :D damn this is amazing. After 700~hours of Pub plays it get rather boring and only after a coulple of days ding PUBS in tf2lobby is was awesome.

But the question is, what is the best way to get into a team and into the comp scene?

Darn

rockit like

Quoted from Rikes

Okay, firstly I just discorved tf2lobbys and all this comp play last week.

I have read up strats watchs videos and started to play in TF2lobby, and boy :D damn this is amazing. After 700~hours of Pub plays it get rather boring and only after a coulple of days ding PUBS in tf2lobby is was awesome.

But the question is, what is the best way to get into a team and into the comp scene?

pickups is most likely the best way to go

Rikes

TFP

Quoted from Darn

[…]

pickups is most likely the best way to go

okay then, I gess I will get a lot more experince and get better aswell. Thanks!

dougiie

CotC

if you like, add me to steam (click on my pic <<<< ), and I can tell you etc :)

bun

tf2 lobby is recent but pickups is more advanced in settings. all is featured to have good times doing 6v6. Good enter in the real world of TF2 man

Tikcus

Click the recruitment link
look for a team that is recruiting

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Be warned though, competitive TF2 is very addictive…. :)

Rikes

TFP

Thanks everybody for the help.

A qeustion about these pick ups where are they located do I have to talk to somebody about organizing one or something? and I will add you when I get back from class.

Contra

Be

Quoted from Rikes

Thanks everybody for the help.

A qeustion about these pick ups where are they located do I have to talk to somebody about organizing one or something? and I will add you when I get back from class.

Get mIRC and go to #mpuktf2.pickup and auth yourself (follow the steps you get when entering the channel)

Rikes

TFP

Quoted from Contra

[…]

Get mIRC and go to #mpuktf2.pickup and auth yourself (follow the steps you get when entering the channel)

Okay thanks for the information. :3!

Monkeh

meh, stick with http://tf2lobby.com

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Monkeh

meh, stick with http://tf2lobby.com

Please, tell me you’re kidding.

tf2lobby is low skill, nobody uses mics, nobody knows how to rollout…

I could go on. It’s not a good introduction to competitive play at all, not least because it isn’t even slightly competitive.

troot

-9m-
DStS

Quoted from octochris

[…]

tf2lobby is low skill, nobody uses mics, nobody knows how to rollout…

I could go on. It’s not a good introduction to competitive play at all, not least because it isn’t even slightly competitive.

pickups are low skill, nobody uses mics, nobody knows how to rollout…

Monkeh

Most matches I’ve had on tf2lobby people have used mics, and sometimes used them well. I’ve played with some very high skilled players, and some very low skill players too, but what do you want for a newbie? He can learn the ropes and then find a team.

Putting him straight in with people who are practiced in comp play will leave them raging and him feeling like he let the side down. Stay with the lobby, look out for the .:ne:. server when it’s up and we’ll show you around the competitive game, no problem.

Good luck with it and keep in mind there’s a lot more to 6v6 play than you may have imagined.

Edit: Actually, use both and report back here with your findings maybe? That would be interesting.

Last edited by Monkeh,

Rikes

TFP

Quoted from Monkeh

Most matches I’ve had on tf2lobby people have used mics, and sometimes used them well. I’ve played with some very high skilled players, and some very low skill players too, but what do you want for a newbie? He can learn the ropes and then find a team.

Putting him straight in with people who are practiced in comp play will leave them raging and him feeling like he let the side down. Stay with the lobby, look out for the .:ne:. server when it’s up and we’ll show you around the competitive game, no problem.

Good luck with it and keep in mind there’s a lot more to 6v6 play than you may have imagined.

Edit: Actually, use both and report back here with your findings maybe? That would be interesting.

Okay :3 thanks everybody for the feedback.

I’m having a fun at the lobbys met some real nice people tbo and I thinking im getting the jist of this, Ii really didn’t think this would be so diffrent from PUB. It’s really fun working as a team and meeting highly skilled players, makes me have something to aim for and enjoy getting better.

But on the otehr side after playing lobbys for a bit there are a lot of times where im with people from a diffrent country who don’t speak english or doesn’t use mic and we get dominated by the other team.

And you mean .:ne:. servers when they appear on the lobby?

Last edited by Rikes,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »