Forum

Anti-Cheat system

Created 9th February 2010 @ 00:34

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 14 Next »

ambra

Quoted from Insanity

[…]

what do you mean ‘spot hackers’, there’s only a few hackers out there..
+ depends on the hack but some hacks can EASILY be spotted

I lol’d at “only a few”

Bobo

Poo

As I said before; habeas corpus

Punishment without evidence is a farce. Surely a man has a right to face those who accuse him and the nature of the evidence that condemns him?

flushy

P.O.P

Quoted from Sirrus

European Data Protection Legislation

XHunter

TIDS
\V/ »

Quoted from ambra

[…]

I lol’d at “only a few”

Indeed.

The best solution to solve this kind of conflicts would be to add an anti cheat software like punkbuster or aequitas. But then people would start yelling how “annoying” and unsafe this programms are. Anyways there is no way to be 100% sure if someone hacks or not in every case and that wont change in the near feature but the main advantages of an anti cheat software are that you cant argue with it and its not that fallible as a human.

alfa

Anti-cheat systems dont do shit.I mean who runs anti-cheat programs in pcws wtf?And look at ESL aswell,they have an anticheat system (wich doesnt do shit and its bugged),

We need to clone Anakin for a better league without cheaters!

_Ben

;?

Quoted from alfa

And look at ESL aswell,they have an anticheat system (wich doesnt do shit and its bugged),

It caught boomeh out.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from _Ben

[…]

It caught boomeh out.

Once success does not a good anti-cheat make, yo.

alfa

Quoted from _Ben

[…]

It caught boomeh out.

But still,he managed to fake the logs for who knows how long.So basicaly it still involves human interaction wich leads to AC admins -> better league without an anti-cheat program.

Human > Machine (look etf2l caughts more cheaters than ESL does).

XHunter

TIDS
\V/ »

Quoted from alfa

Anti-cheat systems dont do shit.I mean who runs anti-cheat programs in pcws wtf?And look at ESL aswell,they have an anticheat system (wich doesnt do shit and its bugged),

start reading my full comment i said you can never be 100% sure in every case and thats because there is no anti cheat protecting at all. Anti cheat protection just fixes known security gaps. Anyways i talked about adding an anti cheat software which means you could have humans + a computer computers are more unfailable than a human and some humans are more intelligent than a simple software if you are of different opinion give me an argument.

The main problem is most people in this forum dont know anything about “cheats/hacks” (“cheack/hack protection”) except how to use them.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from alfa

Human > Machine (look etf2l caughts more cheaters than ESL does).

Another concern would be complacency (or lack of) human involvement in favour of automated systems, which in a league like this would be a downright terrible idea.

It feels like this thread has been created to moan about a problem which doesn’t even exist.

XHunter

TIDS
\V/ »

Quoted from octochris

[…]

Another concern would be complacency (or lack of) human involvement in favour of automated systems, which in a league like this would be a downright terrible idea.

Thats exactly why i said human + machine because in my opinion its the best solution.

Quoted from octochris

[…] It feels like this thread has been created to moan about a problem which doesn’t even exist.

There is a problem, it is the fallibility of all human.

The best anti cheat admin = the best hacker

if you are not the best hacker you wont be able to detect everything. (with the machines, it is the same)

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from XHunter

The best anti cheat admin = the best hacker

this is the best gossip i’ve heard all year

AnAkkk

Quoted from alfa

Aequitas catch many people, EVERY day.
Aequitas did catch a few people in the TF2 section, not only boomeh.
People playing TF2 are generally just more lazy than CSS players, so they don’t launch Aequitas (cheaters will obviously not launch it), or got a problem with it and don’t care about resolving it (but this is going to change now).

If you’re so sure Aequitas doesn’t work and never ban anyone, maybe you should try a cheat and see what happens. I guess this’ll change your mind.

“But still,he managed to fake the logs for who knows how long.So basicaly it still involves human interaction wich leads to AC admins -> better league without an anti-cheat program.”

The opponents had to check if the logs were faked or not with the “Logfile check” function, and none ever did. It doesn’t even matter if he faked them or not, anyway, it was just that the cheat was not detected at that time. He was just lucky.

“Human > Machine (look etf2l caughts more cheaters than ESL does).”
If you check the ESL site, like 90% of the cheaters we banned in ETF2L, were either not playing in ETF2L, or either not using Aequitas.

XHunter

TIDS
\V/ »

Quoted from octochris

[…]

this is the best gossip i’ve heard all year

I think its a fact. Just think twice about it its like 1+1 = 2

I mean how do you test your security system? You hire a hacker who hacks it and gives improvement tips.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from XHunter

I mean how do you test your security system? You hire a hacker who hacks it and gives improvement tips.

Oh right, I misunderstood your comment.

I’ll go back to my hole now.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 14 Next »