Forum

Anti-Cheat system

Created 9th February 2010 @ 00:34

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 14 Next »

Sirrus

Thats fine but just show me the evidence. Your backing up your guys thats fine but show me the evidence just me no-one else. Its a 1 meg file I’ll even send you an avi of me watching and deleting if you so wish but all I request is to see the evidence. The decision is based on at this moment in time your just saying hes hacking because we say so.

alfa

Cool now people should cheat more to get caught not only once.Some people have a good logic.

Its like cheating once at a test and the teacher caughts you.But oh wait you are gonna tell the teacher it only happened once and he should forget right?

Sirrus

Right ok you’ve driven up to the point managed to completely miss it. All any of us have to go on in relation to hack is the say so of the AC admins. Thats it, I’m requesting to see how they made the decision thats it. I don’t see where the problem is. I wont even tell anyone I’ve seen if they so wish I just wish to know what evidence was used to ban him.

Bobo

Poo

I would be inclined to say that cheating once is sufficient to warrant a ban, so the anti-cheat team are correct on that front. However, I too would feel aggrieved if I had been banned by a group of people whom I didn’t know and whose impartiality I couldn’t guarantee. Furthermore, the condemning evidence (which we cant see) cant be called into question because the anti-cheat team refuses to provide it for scrutiny. There is also no clue as to the reliability of the source of evidence used to ban a player. I think i is unfair for people to expect us to just blindly trust assurances that a player has hacked. I had considered the admins to be fair and diplomatic. I mean, OK, I didn’t expect to be provided with explicit details on a ban because I fear that would be problematic and perhaps unreasonable on my part, but providing some information on the matter of banning a player would be courteous to the player’s clan leader. Maybe holding the admins in such high regard was a mistake on my part?

Comedian

now, if, for some ungodly reason, the ETF2L AC adminds decide to release proof of someone hacking a number of things will probably happen

-firstly, people who lack experience in such matters will probably only spot the most outragous hacks, but will blatantly miss the finer and sophisticated hacks, which will in retun cause a backlash of people demanding to unban such a person.

-of course, the ETF2L admins will not go ahead with this call from the public, the general public generally is quite stupid and shoudn’t be asked for an opinion in such cases (people are biased, do not have the expertise and experience, are outright stupid or perhaps have a general dislike of the ETF2L staff), this will in return bring forth a second backlash from the general audience, and create a two-sided community, one with faith in the ETF2L admins, and one distrusting them to the bone.

-not only that, but it is quite possible that if the cheaters themselves see the evidence, they can go, oh right, so THATS what they caught me on, and then they tweak their hacks in such a way that it is much harder, if not borderline impossible to spot

-another side effect might be that because of the criticism on the ETF2L AC team, they might grow uncertain, or perhaps even too confident in their skills, which in result will cause either innocents to get banned, or cheaters to not get caught by the system.

——————–

now, stepping outside of that all, what could actiually be done to get satisfaction on both sides, both helping the ETF2L AC team by earning respect and so that people can put trust in them.

now, i am no expert on this, but one way would be select group of people gaining knowledge of thethings the ETF2L AC team is working on, so they can in return relay this information to the outside, however, this method would be very troublesome and will probably create more problems then it solves, for a number of reasons

for example, the persons in the group, they need to be un-biased, have some AC experience, and will probably have to be hand-picked by the ETF2L staff, however, here lies the first problem, because they are selected, people might start beleiving that the persons chosen are only chosen because they are buddies and they won’t say anything bad about ETF2L, etc. etc. if you would go along with randomly chosen people, they could be either untrustworthy, have no expertise about cheating, etcetera, etcetera. not just that, but we should also put some sort of mechanism in place where they inform the rest of the public, and if so, what do they do, do they make a post every month and say, “shit is all good” or will they stand up for the admins if another person is banned? in which case, will they have faith from the general public? will er have to have spectators for the spectators? will we in the end have an endless cycle? what if one of the spectators is actiually a hacker?

now, there perhaps is an ideal system out there which generates nothing but happieness and win, and if you do have such an system, please share it with us, upon we might discuss it and perhaps even apply it.

—————–
as for the act of banning a person for one peice of evidence or if you need multiple. I don’t see why someone should be allowed to hack if its just for once, be it once or multiple times, if you hack, you are potentially ruining the game for the opposing team, and i am not a fan of such practices.

—————-

tl;dr: become a man and start reading, you twat

Akasazh

THG
HL

Cheats are like hard drugs. You have to question the sanity of one who’s using. And you can surely never take his word.

Im sure most are tempted by the idea of becoming a super leet respected player. And some find this temptation enough to get themselves a cheat -just to test it, not to use in the league-.

But when they delve further in the hack community and find that if they do it correctly, they can’t get caught… then the venom starts to work. They keep pushing their self-imosed boundaries and before you know it they are using it in a league match.

If this happens and noone finds out and they are getting positive feedback of their team (‘how awesome we just beat this mid+ team like their where div5’) then they start to believe this magic is happening. There’s no greater drug in the world as feeling awesome about a win in a game you really care about.

As soon as this stage is reached people get to feeling invincible. And start making mistakes they always told themselves they wouldent. They think they are in control and not their pineal gland. This is where they start to be over-confident and suddenly start trash talking players that are clearly beyond their level (they would usually include subtile but growing references to other respected pro players as ‘blatant cheaters’ (massi?). This is ofc to cover up their own usage of the substance and to avert attention of critics to everybody but themselves.

When they are long over the point of this self-confidence a mistake of theirs is called out and investigated and found out to be a hack, they can’t fall back on their ‘i was just testing it’ argument they used when first exploring the hack. They fell at home in their new, elitist group who can whine about everyone being a baddy.

This is where a lot of excuses and whining take place because they find themselves too deep in the game to quit. Anything this person says will be lies and coverups they don’t want to lose their dearly paid and dealry beloved leetism becasue losing everything will make them an outcast and less then the noob they once where.

Props to the cheaters that admitted their mistakes. They shouldn’t be banned less but they wont ask for it. They clearly see how their initial mistake screwd them over and they feel guilty about it. Much hate to the ones that keep insiting on their innoccense boasting great words and condemning ac admins to death just cause their precious self-induced-feeling of greatness has crumbeled.

I have personal experience with people wasting their lives on coke and all I can say is that I think its more related to cheating then anything else. Be glad its just your digital life you’ve ruined. Things could be worse on the same premesis.

One last prop here, respect for the teams that play in etf2l and hang about cause they love the game, and don’t get caught up in the ladder of leet. I shall mention die philosophen as they are a great team thats been playing for a long time in div 6-4 and has always maintained great sportsmanship and fun despite hardship. You rule more then many div1 team that has reformed ten times.

tl:dr don’t use cheats, its bad mmkay. Its just a game etc many more whine from an old lad that loves tf2.

Haunter

the system is pretty ridiculous atm, no matter how much reasons u can give to hide the evidence, nothing can beat the fact that if u ban one guy that doesnt cheat you are destroying his TF2 carreer and there’s no words to describe what that means.

and about that previous quote of a guy only needing to cheat in 1 game to be banned, unless its a blatently cheat, u cant catch a guy with one game.

I dont want to the AC team to stop working, but I’m remembering ressuply’s survey with 51% of div1 players thinking that ETF2L already banned players that didnt cheat, this said, in my opinion the system should be changed to make it trustable

Bobo

Poo

If mistakes are made with regard to banning players for hacking, surely people have a right to know?

Someone has to be held accountable.

You cant be in a position of decision making power and expect to be absolved of all accountability. Even the most primitive of legislatures have understood that.

I think most of the posts on this topic offer some sort of contribution and some valid points on this issue, however, it would be a shame for it to be trivialized by the utterances of sycophants.

Norris

the league needs a mandatory working ingame anti cheat system. something that is taking screenshots, process logs etc. at least for all competitive players above div 3.

oh and don’t give out evidence.

ambra

Quoted from Sirrus

Right ok you’ve driven up to the point managed to completely miss it. All any of us have to go on in relation to hack is the say so of the AC admins. Thats it, I’m requesting to see how they made the decision thats it. I don’t see where the problem is. I wont even tell anyone I’ve seen if they so wish I just wish to know what evidence was used to ban him.

join the AC team.

seriously kid whats so hard to understand about how this whole thing works?

Slashpwn

Quoted from Sirrus

. He’s Danish and I’ve now had him and my team openly accused of hacking by a Danish community forum, the interesting thing is that they are saying that its based on the performances of this player we were promoted he didn’t join till after the league was finished. The guys who have been killed by him are now boosting there egos by saying I knew he couldn’t kill me he was hacking.

Jarate Kid..

I’m from the Danish community forum.. You’re wrong.. We have not even mentioned your clan.. Some of the people on the forum actually think that it’s suspicious that there was no evidence. I support your Clan mate.. I’ve never thought that he hacked.. I can’t speak on the behalf of the Forum but I don’t think that many of us believe that he hacks.

And the guys you say that are boosting ego’s is 1 guy… and he don’t even play tf2 anymore..

Get your info right next time..

Sirrus

In relation to that I’ve just been speaking to quad is really upset by it. Has said that he felt undersiege a bit not being able to speak fluent danish there has been a loss in translation so thank you for clearing it up for me.

As for becoming an AC – Admin I would do but I have lack of experience and because of that I would be inellegable to join that team. Personally I think its a joke even as screen shot of his steam id would be nice. As I said show me the evidence there any reason why I can’t see with it what am I going to do with it? Is the entire tf2 community going to implode upon itself due the fact that a demo has been given to one person to look at. If you have nothing to hide and you have demos for every single banning incident release them name and shame. I won’t support a hacker but at this moment I’m not willing to accept the words of some people I don’t know over my player.

Quoted from Sirrus

In relation to that I’ve just been speaking to quad is really upset by it. Has said that he felt undersiege a bit not being able to speak fluent danish there has been a loss in translation so thank you for clearing it up for me.

As for becoming an AC – Admin I would do but I have lack of experience and because of that I would be inellegable to join that team. Personally I think its a joke even as screen shot of his steam id would be nice. As I said show me the evidence there any reason why I can’t see with it what am I going to do with it? Is the entire tf2 community going to implode upon itself due the fact that a demo has been given to one person to look at. If you have nothing to hide and you have demos for every single banning incident release them name and shame. I won’t support a hacker but at this moment I’m not willing to accept the words of some people I don’t know over my player.

They can’t. If they give it out to you, they have to give it out to everyone else who asks which is a bad idea. You yourself said you don’t have the experience. What will you do if you don’t see the hax when playing the Demo? You’d still protest, even if it’s there but you’re unable to see it.

Special_K

I have 5 words for your friend:-

Data Protection Act, Section 7

jason

PHX

Quoted from Special_K

I have 5 words for your friend:-

Data Protection Act, Section 7

Are you talking about the United Kingdom Data Protection Act?

Even if the ETF2L miraculously moved to the UK, I doubt that the details of section 7 would amount to personal data in this instance.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 14 Next »