Forum

Anti-Cheat system

Created 9th February 2010 @ 00:34

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 Next »

Bobo

Poo

Maybe they aren’t avid forum users like yourself Bill and were therefore unaware of previous grievances like this one?

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Banning purely from a public demo is ridiculous IMO, but who knows if that is the case here or not.

Sirrus

Bill, what business is it of yours which battles I choose to fight. It should be obvious that I’m the CL and as such am going to take an interest in the way a team mate has been been treated.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]
Blade I haven’t got a clue about as to why he is replying now but not sooner.

He was leader of the team that Abra was in when he got banned. You can see his thread here – http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-2853/?recent=40262

You’re welcome to play spot the difference if you like :)

kaidus

WiK?

Can we ban talking about past hackers instead of racism? I dunno about others but I’d much rather see blacks vs jews than hacker kids vs ac team.

alfa

Instead of making pointless threads you could type !admin in #etf2l :D

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from antyjc

First they came for the Russians, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Russian;
Then they came for the French, and I did not speak out—because I was not French;
Then they came for the VAC banned, and I did not speak out—because I was not VAC banned;
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak out for me.

:(

Damn it, I was about to post something like this.

I hate you. :(

Quoted from Sirrus

Bill, what business is it of yours which battles I choose to fight. It should be obvious that I’m the CL and as such am going to take an interest in the way a team mate has been been treated.

The difference is you’re not fighting a battle for Quad, you’re fighting against the AC team and their conduct as a whole. Fighting against this particular ban, pointless but nothing wrong with it. Complaining about the AC team and their conduct as a whole, but not until it’s you who is affected is just wrong.

Sirrus

D2M! what is it going to take for you to take another look at this you or the AC’s to take another look at this?. You’ve slammed to door stuck your fingers in your sticking your fingers in your ears and hopeing we shall walk quietly into the night well its not going to happen. I started playing first person shooters on TFC the precursor to tf2 there were people who hacked in that but it wasn’t just 1 demo that was used to convict them in was numerous demos. How can you take into account someones playing style in one 3 min demo.

n00ne

i agree

xerxes

WWCD
n2o

I have my experience with the AC Admins as well and to my experiences no one will be banned for one demo and one opinion! A demo of a suspicious player will be watched and jugded and even if it is totaly clear that he is cheating no AC admin will ever ban the player instantly. There will always be diskussions over the player with the other Admins! And when its not clearly on the first sight there will always be a longer period of time where the player is being watched.

The people who spending hours and hours to keep this leauge working deserve our trust!

And I am very confident that during the diskussion in this Thread there has been another look on the evidence.

We are all humans and humans make mistakes, but I am also very confident that not one admin wouldn’t admit that he made a mistake if he had made one.

Sirrus

I don’t have a problem with the admins individually I understand they do a gread job. What I don’t like is in this particular instance how we are kept completely in the dark, if it has been looked at again tell us we’ve looked at it again. But as is we dont know that, its an issue that I’m not prepared to go blindly with. The answer is to be more open about the way you do business cos silence only breeds suspicion.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Quoted from antyjc

First they came for the Russians, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Russian;
Then they came for the French, and I did not speak out—because I was not French;
Then they came for the VAC banned, and I did not speak out—because I was not VAC banned;
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak out for me.

:(

legend :D

quad

Quoted from alfa

Instead of making pointless threads you could type !admin in #etf2l :D

Its like talking to a door over and over again..

skanzZ

[8U]
LEMon

Quoted from quad

[…]

Its like talking to a door over and over again..

I know what you mean. There is this guy on this forum and he keeps getting told the same thing and making the same argument. I’d get annoyed if it wasnt for the fact the thread is a hilarious procrastination tool.

Also, at times you can tell somebody is hacking in 3 minutes easily. Blatant hacks can be detected in 10 seconds. In cs, steam used to VAC ban based off 30 second demos.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 Next »