Forum

Anti-Cheat system

Created 9th February 2010 @ 00:34

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 14 Next »

infussle

Quoted from atreides

If you don’t believe the AC team or the league staff as a whole, just leave.

Last edited by infussle,

quad

Quoted from infussle

[…]

do you have any proof for this statement?

Winneh

1. Clips are beeing recorded as example for other scenes (usually the most obvious ones).
2. Even a 2 min demo is enough to get someone banned if it shows a player clearly hacking (very noob example: 180 degree – headshot spins – only, as sniper or a 10 second nonstop xhair lock on)
3. Hitting and hitting are 2 different things – every div1 scout hits A LOT, but they way they do their damage is the the huge difference (location, behaviour etc)
4. We never banned without solid evidence – and we never will

As a final sidenote, even if a player did not hack in 271 games – if he gets caught in game 272 – he gets banned. Not every cheater is using his hacks all the time – even cheaters got some kind of brain.

Last edited by quad,

infussle

in that case, i will advise you to re-read what he wrote because what you’re saying is totally different.

Yea, I’m with Infussle. He’s not saying you got banned for a single 3 minute Demo.

quad

well, I dont know what the AC admins have seen, but in fact it says that even a 2 min demo is enough, and spinning around doing instant headshot/meatshots has never been done by me..

Quoted from quad

well, I dont know what the AC admins have seen, but in fact it says that even a 2 min demo is enough, and spinning around doing instant headshot/meatshots has never been done by me..

So maybe they didn’t base it off one 3 minute demo :0. Anyway it’s fairly simple fuck off out of etf2l if you don’t like how the anti-cheat is done (obviously you don’t really have a choice quad).

Bobo

Poo

The information that was disclosed was that it was a 3 minute public demo. Reliability of the source is unknown and whether there are details of quad’s ip or steamid present to make the evidence conclusive, has not been disclosed.

It is not clever to have the attitude “fuck off if you dont like it”. If that was the league’s attitude every time someone had a problem with the rules or felt aggrieved about something, no one would want to play. Thankfully the admins are slightly more diplomatic.

Pedman

sextant

I really dont se how you all have the time to sit and wine about players being banned from a league, there is and will always be a damn good reason why the ACS will ban a player. They will not take a random player with good aim and ban him for no damn reason.

And its not like they watching a demo for 1 minute and then: Lets ban this playes hes cheating like hell.

Wake up AND its just a game.

quad

Quoted from daithi1

[…]

So maybe they didn’t base it off one 3 minute demo :0. Anyway it’s fairly simple fuck off out of etf2l if you don’t like how the anti-cheat is done (obviously you don’t really have a choice quad).

Well, this is not only for me, also alot more people who think the same(What Ive read), and this can happen anytime again in the future..

But if that is the way you deal with legit players who love the game as it is. Then maybe I should just do as you say, even that I have only played 1 official league game(wireplay) which we lost. And that I have played the game since beta, and finally gone competetive 2 months ago.

Last edited by quad,

Just a quick thing: I never heard any of these concerns from Jarate Kid/Quad/Blade in any of the other bans. If you felt like this, you’ve felt like this for far longer and would’ve brought it up earlier. Instead you don’t come forward with any of this until it affects you.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

antyjc

2ne1

First they came for the Russians, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Russian;
Then they came for the French, and I did not speak out—because I was not French;
Then they came for the VAC banned, and I did not speak out—because I was not VAC banned;
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak out for me.

:(

Last edited by antyjc,

quad

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

Just a quick thing: I never heard any of these concerns from Jarate Kid/Quad/Blade in any of the other bans. If you felt like this, you’ve felt like this for far longer and would’ve brought it up earlier. Instead you don’t come forward with any of this until it affects you.

Well I speak for myself now. I am really new to tf2 competetive, and have not been active for that long to have any league experience, as I have been told, I could have been accused for hacking in wireplay, but not in etf2l..
So I have not thought of bringing it up, because I dident know either how they work or what evidence they use.

And what would YOU have done if you got banned when playing 100% legit?

Last edited by quad,

Bobo

Poo

A nice twist on Niemöller’s poem there anty.

Quoted from Bobo

The information that was disclosed was that it was a 3 minute public demo. Reliability of the source is unknown and whether there are details of quad’s ip or steamid present to make the evidence conclusive, has not been disclosed.

It is not clever to have the attitude “fuck off if you dont like it”. If that was the league’s attitude every time someone had a problem with the rules or felt aggrieved about something, no one would want to play. Thankfully the admins are slightly more diplomatic.

Fair enough. It still doesn’t really matter. I would probably have been more diplomatic if it wan’t for the fact this thread has gone now where and this is page 12. Read what D2M said. Read what was said on the first page of the thread. Your question and probelm have been answered a lot in lots of different words.

Here is the tl;dr version. Quad is banned. This ban will not be lifted no matter how much you whine. There is no appeal. There is no evidence given. This will not change. This is not a democracy (if we want to get techniacal I’d be guessing at an oligarchy). But by all means please continue I find it hilarious.

Quoted from quad

[…]

Well I speak for myself now. I am really new to tf2 competetive, and have not been active for that long to have any league experience, as I have been told, I could have been accused for hacking in wireplay, but not in etf2l..
So I have not thought of bringing it up, because I dident know either how they work or what evidence they use.

And what would YOU have done if you got banned when playing 100% legit?

Understandable, and had I been banned while playing 100% legit I would’ve want to protest as well. It’s not the protesting from you that I find odd. It’s JarateKid and Blade I find odd. Both of them have had more than enough time/occasions to bring up their concerns but never did. JarateKid does now he is the afflicted party, Blade I haven’t got a clue about as to why he is replying now but not sooner.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 14 Next »