Forum

Anti-Cheat system

Created 9th February 2010 @ 00:34

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 14 Next »

toasty.

PHX

Quoted from quad

[…]

I think you will find it amusing if other players think you hack(when youre not)
But its an other story when the AC admins cant seem to see that youre not..

So that you get marked as a cheater, for no reason at all, and they dont care. People dont care.. they just have trust in that AC admins cant do any mistakes, never..

In short: You get banned for playing legit, and no one cares.

I’m not good enough to be called a hacker so yes it would be funny. :)

I don’t know what to say though? You play etf2l you accept the anti cheat policy.

quad

Quoted from toasty.

[…]

I’m not good enough to be called a hacker so yes it would be funny. :)

I don’t know what to say though? You play etf2l you accept the anti cheat policy.

In fact, I have never played a etf2l match before, seems like I dont play?

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from Sirrus

Thats the thing is that I don’t know how the decision is made is it a majority decision its based on 3 people agree, 2 people could have disagreed, but since 3 agreed your banned. I dont see a problem about releasing the method to the way its done because the evidence is never going to be released but since I’ve not getting answer from and admin. I’ll keep repeating my point the system is reliant on the most unreliable system in the world human nature.

It was unanimous. Once the AC team have confirmed a player has cheated he will then receive a ban from ETF2L for 1 year, which is manually added by a Head Admin. It’s a pretty simple system in that respect.

Quoted from Sirrus

Telling us how a decision is made doesn’t deminish the effectiveness of that decision but as is there is a silence. I can only assume that they have something to hide and as such are suspicious about how the decision was formed.

Conspiracy theory brought up every time a player or his team leader complains about a ban. Feel free to make your assumptions, but they are incorrect.

Please use the search function and feel free to check out other threads. I highly recommend these threads for exact replicas of this one:

Spicke – http://etf2l.org/forum/movie/topic-7290/?recent=115402
Abra – http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-2853/?recent=40262
etc

Sirrus

Thank you for clearing that up for me. Now just a simple question why is there no appeal process?

iQue

keso

Quoted from Sirrus

Thank you for clearing that up for me. Now just a simple question why is there no appeal process?

Why would there be? If you have something you want the admins to know about you can just msg them in irc

Spicke

Quoted from skanzZ

[…]

So you are suggesting that just because you arent going to hack in future matches, anybody who says you hacked in a past match made a mistake? Nice logic. Real slick. No idea why that didn’t work.

is the only type of option that I could offer. Admins just did not want to compare theirs moments with my new. Most know that I’m playing at the same level as before the ban. I often meet with the DM server admins some who say that I still use cheats because I sometimes kill them with 2 shots … good logic?

Gubbins

Op4

Can someone just lock this? The same arguments come up every time a player is banned. It’s either I saw him @Lan he’s not a hacker or the AC team don’t know what they’re doing, he’s not a hacker. And every time they get the same responses because that’s just the way it is, and the only thing that ever comes out of it is that the player is still banned, the team is still raging but the admins ignore them because of their biased petty arguments. What’s the point of going through this again and again?

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Spicke

When I received ban in this league, I offered admins etf2l conditions under which would be 100% proof of my fair play in official matches. but unfortunately some people can’t or doesn’t want to accept their own mistakes.

There is no way to offer 100% proof. And besides, even if it was possible, it does not prove you haven’t hacked in the past.

Ow sorry. I meant.

He no hack. He LAN play. Good player. Admins stupid.

Last edited by Koeitje,

jgmaster

BM

Quoted from jgmaster

As long as ETF2L can’t prove that there aren’t false positives then people are still going to be concerned about the AC in the league.

This concerns me the most as a general player in the leagues.

quad

Quoted from jgmaster

[…]

This concerns me the most as a general player in the leagues.

Well guess what? They can even ban you for looking suspicuos on a 3 min long demo from a pub, you better try not hit anything..

Blade

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

There is no way to offer 100% proof. And besides, even if it was possible, it does not prove you haven’t hacked in the past.

if admins were professionals (lol), they would easily find the same methods of aiming in new Spicke moments, but they don’t want or have no ideas how to do this.

infussle

Quoted from quad

[…]

Well guess what? They can even ban you for looking suspicuos on a 3 min long demo from a pub, you better try not hit anything..

do you have any proof for this statement?

Gobby

Realese the evidence fuckin pussies

atreides

There are bad learning effects that deter the AC team from publishing evidence. Even if you publish them, there are enough people around who “still” don’t believe it.

It’s similar to the readjustment at doping cases, allowing indirect methods based on probability, not 100% proof. The only 100% proofs are trojan-based programs that check every memory at high performance costs.

If you don’t believe the AC team or the league staff as a whole, just leave.

Gubbins

Op4

Quoted from Gobby

Realese the evidence fuckin pussies

Pm him yourself?

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 14 Next »