Forum

Anti-Cheat system

Created 9th February 2010 @ 00:34

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 14 Next »

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Anakin, has the ESL log checking been automated now (as I suggested months ago, during the whole Boomeh affair)?

jgmaster

BM

As long as ETF2L can’t prove that there aren’t false positives then people are still going to be concerned about the AC in the league.

infussle

Quoted from Koeitje

Anakin, has the ESL log checking been automated now (as I suggested months ago, during the whole Boomeh affair)?

wait. i presume you suggested how to do this?

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from infussle

[…]

wait. i presume you suggested how to do this?

They already have software to do it yourself. There must be some check sum that can be cross-referenced.

Sirrus

I think the main problem with the system is there is no recourse and no way of putting any case across at all its just you were hacking and the League admins close up shop and say I don’t believe you. I’ll be the first person to say that “I was wrong” but without seeing any evidence or being at least able to put over any counter argument across we are left minus a player.

Anathema

Stop complaining and repeating the same statements over and over again.
It wont change the fact that one of your teammembers is a hacker and now he got caught.
Find a new one.

AnAkkk

Quoted from compton

[…]

It kinda blows my mind that the logfile check isn’t done automatically by the ESL.

I guess you don’t know how Aequitas work, anyway I’m not here to explain this.

You should just know that Aequitas automatically detect and bans cheaters, and it has always been like that.

toasty.

PHX

Quoted from Sirrus

I think the main problem with the system is there is no recourse and no way of putting any case across at all its just you were hacking and the League admins close up shop and say I don’t believe you. I’ll be the first person to say that “I was wrong” but without seeing any evidence or being at least able to put over any counter argument across we are left minus a player.

How many times have you repeated this point and got the same answer?

You would be best putting your efforts into recruitment.

Sirrus

The thing is there is no evidence he’s a hacker only the say so of 5 people. Thats it! If an AC admin banned you for a year, and then said we ain’t going to talk to you about how would you feel. Don’t say I’d accept it that bullshit you’d be doing exactly the same.

The ban is based on 3 min public demo! Its not during a pcw its on a dm server. So one time someone complains cos they can’t kill him not in a pcw but in a public. He has only played on offical and it wasn’t even in this league!

Last edited by Sirrus,

Quoted from Sirrus

The thing is there is no evidence he’s a hacker only the say so of 5 people. Thats it! If an AC admin banned you for a year, and then said we ain’t going to talk to you about how would you feel. Don’t say I’d accept it that bullshit you’d be doing exactly the same.

The ban is based on 3 min public demo! Its not during a pcw its on a dm server. So one time someone complains cos they can’t kill him not in a pcw but in a public. He has only played on offical and it wasn’t even in this league!

How do you know what he was banned upon? I highly doubt 5 different people all said “he’s hacking” based on a single Demo.

toasty.

PHX

No seriously I wouldn’t.

It’s pointless and you are wasting your time and effort. Go and make a recruitment post and start trialling players.

Spicke

When I received ban in this league, I offered admins etf2l conditions under which would be 100% proof of my fair play in official matches. but unfortunately some people can’t or doesn’t want to accept their own mistakes.

quad

Quoted from toasty.

No seriously I wouldn’t.

It’s pointless and you are wasting your time and effort. Go and make a recruitment post and start trialling players.

I think you will find it amusing if other players think you hack(when youre not)
But its an other story when the AC admins cant seem to see that youre not..

So that you get marked as a cheater, for no reason at all, and they dont care. People dont care.. they just have trust in that AC admins cant do any mistakes, never..

In short: You get banned for playing legit, and no one cares.

skanzZ

[8U]
LEMon

Quoted from Spicke

When I received ban in this league, I offered admins etf2l conditions under which would be 100% proof of my fair play in official matches. but unfortunately some people can’t or doesn’t want to accept their own mistakes.

So you are suggesting that just because you arent going to hack in future matches, anybody who says you hacked in a past match made a mistake? Nice logic. Real slick. No idea why that didn’t work.

Sirrus

Thats the thing is that I don’t know how the decision is made is it a majority decision its based on 3 people agree, 2 people could have disagreed, but since 3 agreed your banned. I dont see a problem about releasing the method to the way its done because the evidence is never going to be released but since I’ve not getting answer from and admin. I’ll keep repeating my point the system is reliant on the most unreliable system in the world human nature.

I don’t know what discussions took place, in regard to the bann I don’t know if any pressure was bought to bare by one admin on another. I don’t trust a system that is not transparent. Fine if your not going to release anything even to the CL then at least put an appeal process in. But as is you condem someone based on flimsy evidence of a 3 mins demo, which you can’t tell the skill of your oppenents you can’t take the human factor out of it. I want an anti-cheat admin to explain the procedure but strangely I’m getting mates admins harping in because he’s your CL. Lets face it become and anti cheat admin and make your clan and yourself beyond suspicion. Absolute power currupts absolutely.

Telling us how a decision is made doesn’t deminish the effectiveness of that decision but as is there is a silence. I can only assume that they have something to hide and as such are suspicious about how the decision was formed.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 14 Next »