Forum

custom colour crosshairs

Created 4th October 2008 @ 12:59

Add A Reply Pages: 1

nvc

i was wondering if whether you could allow any appropriate cvars that would allow the custom coloured crosshairs i have seen on some websites to be used. (not sure how the source engine works in relation to third party files aside from maps and cfgs etc… and therefore if its possible online… sorry for being a noob).

Since swapping to my uber-bad 5ms superbright lcd a few weeks ago everytime i look at a wall on well, (only on red or blue, i forget which one) or the sky for example on any maps (extremely annoying on granary by the way) my crosshair just completely dissapears. HDR being off does not fix it and I imagine that this is the same for many other players as i was raging out about it on i34 (ask boomting, i was not a happy bunny!).

Being able to use a different colour would be awesome, and plus its generally easier to aim with other colours… i quite frankly have no idea why valve removed this from tf2, you would think that its more appropriate in tf2 than css for sure in regards to how the game looks.

It makes me sad. If valve are going to remove it then they should give the crosshair a black outline, they have that option in quake :(

Arnold

DAKKA

just put a coloured transparant sticker on the middle of your screen :x

other than that you can just lower the shader detail which removes the bright spots

AnimaL

:O kill lcd’s, crt still wins :P

nvc

lol :D on my crt i used to colour my crosshair in with red pen, cant do that on my lcd ;D my table wont fit a crt bigger than 15inch :( and its stupid to play with that ie. i have to use my lcd

wooj

-HH-

Unfortunately commands such as cl_crosshaircolor which work fine in CSS dont work at all in TF2 even tho the commands are still changable. The only way to obtain different colours/designs is to modify the crosshairs.vtf file, however sv_pure 2 (which is forced in the majority of leagues) disables this as it forces you to use the original file.

The only way would be for valve to impliment some way of changing the crosshair (something like fortress forevers crosshair changer would be awesome), or for the league to use sv_pure 1 and configure the whitelist.txt to allow the changing of this file. However this is unlikely as I think you can only set certain directories to be whitelisted, as such this would allow custom sprites for everything which I’m sure someone could exploit.

Waebi

‹Con›

“However this is unlikely as I think you can only set certain directories to be whitelisted, as such this would allow custom sprites for everything which I’m sure someone could exploit.”

you could set
directiories
directiories and all under it
and specific files

the last time i tried at least. So it would work out well. And the stupid ones use sv_pure bypasses anyway, so it shouldnt make a difference.

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

In short: Not atm.

I don’t want to rule out the whitelist idea, but as it stands we are using sv_pure 2 so nothing custom will be allowed.

Akill

not sure for TF2, but in other source games u have the ability to set the enable/disable the alpha on the crosshair. Which can potentially make it solid for u.

nvc

yeh its solid, but my LCD is HD, and its REALLY bright ;D

Rele

gamma down ;P

Anyway, i dont really mention my crosshair anymore so i have no problem with no-coloured crosshairs ^^

Add A Reply Pages: 1