Forum

FEEDBACK FOR GORGE:

Created 12th January 2010 @ 10:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 11 Next »

Quoted from kurt

You really can’t defend the yard atleast we could not do that properly. Heavy and engi at the stairs/platform in front of the first 1 cp seem to be most effective.

We found this out the hard way. Heavy + Engi at first CP is pretty damn effective.

Double Engineer defense of last is lame as fuck.

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from Plumb3d

lol it my friend 22222220 bday i am so frunk

lol

We played and I agree with kurt about holding yard, we ran a spy to start and backstabbed the medic to allow us to hold out for another 2 ubers before losing first point. After that we lost second pretty fast though which was a shame.

Also we managed to push hard in the first round only to not cap the first point and move on, we all died then failed to push first point after that… big fail.

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

Defending yard is nice and all, but if you let them come more towards cp1 you’re drawing them from their spawn. They’ll have to walk more and put more effort in regrouping, and if they go forward you have space to flank them.

alqaidagummy

Trade gorge for fastlane, problem solved.. <3

rtan

-9w-

Still not enjoyable for me, just doesn’t seem to work :

Sure it’s nice and all to play spy/sniper/heavy but my god this map is seriously boring, it makes gravelpit look fun. Put Fastlane back in imo

gryzor

Quoted from rtan

… Put Fastlane back in imo

It is! Obscure is a non-finished beta and low-fps version of fastlane. They play exactly the same.

Quoted from gryzor

[…]
It is! Obscure is a non-finished beta and low-fps version of fastlane. They play exactly the same.

Obscure has a better cp3 and not as shit cp2.

Randdalf

(0v0)

Quoted from gryzor

[…]

If anything, Obscure has slightly better middle (though far too easily dominated by demo spam), an alright 2nd, and a worse last point than fastlane.

Gorge is like Gravelpit without A (which doesn’t really change much, A is rarely contested), and it’s pretty fun.

Last edited by Randdalf,

franco

this map is absolutely fucking dire i can not believe there are people stupid enough to make us play it

Digiwill

=[IDK]=

Quoted from franco

this map is absolutely fucking dire i can not believe there are people stupid enough to make us play it

agreed!

Extremer

Quoted from Sturmis

[…]

Obscure has a better cp3 and not as shit cp2.

But CP1 is just as bad. :D

kurt

trick17
trick17

gorge is the topic of this thread so be nice and talk about gorge ;). Do you guys know if any S-TV demo of the cup have been uploaded yet? r@ts vs. idk would be nice :)

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from Randdalf

Gorge is like Gravelpit without A (which doesn’t really change much, A is rarely contested), and it’s pretty fun.

To balance some of the bile spilled on gorge: I agree with this. I like Gorge. But the map seems to work for us (as opposed to gravelpit, where we can’t win a game at all), and getting to know the map certainly improved our team. I can see how the map can be terrible if you don’t have a strategy and your opponent does, but face it: every map is terrible if you don’t have a strategy.

nvc

i want fastlane, don’t care if this map which i don’t enjoy is in or not – that should be of another topic.

Gorge = epic fail map!

Give us back fastlane!

Last edited by DoN_CORL3onE,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 11 Next »