Forum

FEEDBACK FOR GORGE:

Created 12th January 2010 @ 10:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 11 Next »

snipers are way too dominant in the first part, maybe add some obstacles so they can’t see all the entrances from across the yard

also the map feels so fkn wide

The sniper can also see all the entrances to last from a pretty safe spot on the right.

Sentries would probably be more effective if the width was scaled down a bit.

Last edited by Sturmis,

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

http://i45.tinypic.com/25ir9qx.jpg

don't see the point of locking any of the doorways off. open all of these.

They open when you cap the first point. I think they’re closed to help people find the way outside (i.e. not get lost inside).

Last edited by baerbel,

Randdalf

(0v0)

Is the mapper Mr. Casali?

– im doing some more mspaint pictures. Hope i don’t get flamed for it.
:D:D:D

No, he’s working on a payload map.

Memento Mori

http://i45.tinypic.com/25ir9qx.jpg

don't see the point of locking any of the doorways off. open all of these.

They open when you cap the first point. I think they’re closed to help people find the way outside (i.e. not get lost inside).

I know. But I think a couple of signs would fix that problem. Opening them would allow spies to infiltrate, regenerate cloak in a safer place, away from players movement, as well as letting engineers to sneak behind and build, plus scouts, pyros could also get behind.

I just don’t see any reason to restrict any potential tactics.

Last edited by Memento Mori,

Nodachi

vR|

We played it a couple of times over the last days. So far i have no real problems with the map. Cap 1 surely is almost a free cap but it still can decide wether you lose or not. The key in attacking, really is the engineer. Essential in attacking is simply the fact that the Attacking team got no respawn. That way you attack and you die but you can organize a second attack faster then the defenders can set up their def. Makes it really intense in my oppionion. If you lose 1 player as a defender you have to kill 2 attackers at least to hold out if they got a level 3 teleporter.
Cap 1 is all about gaining a little more seconds then the other team :)

hoppi

TIDS

acutally it is playable with some sick tactics and is in my opinion good for 6on6 as well just need to be defensive then and that makes the whole map boring. as attacker u dont wanna die on second point because of the long respawn even if u have an engi and as defender the respawntimes annoyes u, so u try to stay alive. all in all its just a bit boring, no real action then spys and spaming.

davesan

epx^
Panda

just played a game on gorge and hated every minute of it, seriously a bad 6v6 map but if we have to play it i guess respawns would be nice!

Grem

rEJ
TG

danny is butthurt

Grem

rEJ
TG

On a more serious note, I think most of rej would agree that its a good map. If you stick to the standard 6v6 loadout, you will be disappointed, but if you mix it up with heavies, engis, spies etc, the map gets more interesting. The final point is a bit easy to defend and the only way to cap that point quickly is if you wipe the defending team on the first point and push in with uber on last, although not impossible. Just coordinate with spies and combos, and you can take the last point easily. Forward respawns for the attacking team could help. If not, you just need to sacrifice one player for an offensive engineer. There are some nice spots for offensive engineering too, so you won’t get bored of just building teleporters.

IMO, a lot of people are moaning because they don’t have tactics for it and because its new, they don’t have ‘div1’ demos to learn tacts from. Spend some time on it with your team, and you can come up with some inventive ones. Good map, will play again. PS: If you need demos, I have some POV ones of my leet engineering.

Last edited by Grem,

ambra

I like it because I dont have to stick to the shit class that scout is.
Some of my clanmates still get lost in the corridors but to be honest its not so hard to get used to.

I like how an engineer could be useful on offence

jgmaster

BM

IMO, a lot of people are moaning because they don’t have tactics for it and because its new, they don’t have ‘div1’ demos to learn tacts from. Spend some time on it with your team, and you can come up with some inventive ones. Good map, will play again. PS: If you need demos, I have some POV ones of my leet engineering.

This. I’m not passing judgement on it until I have played a number of games on it but if it means I get to switch from solly to sniper then I’m all for it ^^ Out of curiosity what are some of the class setups which people adopt on attack and defensive and, assuming the normal 2 sollys 2 scouts 1 demo and 1 medic, which classes do you swap for what? :)

broesel

LAME

Idk if you guys have noticed, but in fact there IS A FORWARD respawn for the defending team, that would also work quite well if used by the attacking team after capping cp1.

Valve wouldn’t have to change the map, they would just have to “enable” the spawn.

It’s on the very left side of the first cp area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrC6U83u95Q

At 1:52, when you go through the right entrance, you see it.

Last edited by broesel,

Dny

T2P

Love this map, maybe the best stop watch map in the game imo!

MrLettre

Key issue we have here is not in response to how the map plays on a competitive level lads but;

IT’S JUST NOT FUN TO PLAY.

just my view.

1+

2+

3+

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Please limit your feedback to useful posts. If you don’t think the map is fun to play, list reasons why and if possible suggest changes that you think will fix this.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 11 Next »