Forum

Weapon Limits And Bans

Created 11th January 2010 @ 18:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13

gryzor

There is no limit on the amount of soldiers you can use, just use 3 soldiers and 1 scout then — problem solved.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

There is no limit on the amount of soldiers you can use, just use 3 soldiers and 1 scout then — problem solved.

Class limit 2??

gryzor

Class limit 2??

Now you’re getting it.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Class limit 2??

Now you’re getting it.

Was that Gryzor being sarcastic…??

First time for everything I guess ;)

xtala

But this game consists of more than scouts vs w/e battles in case you have’nt noticed.

We’re talking about balance in case you haven’t noticed, the scout (or take every 125 hp class in general) vs. soldier level playing field is one key part to maintain it. In its current shape, TDH breaks it and actually 1 per team violates it remarkable, more than any FaN build ever did (haven’t played the current version enough to review it).

Might be true on higher levels of play, I personally haven’t noticed any different outcomes in the games I played (bar the ridiculous minicrits, that have now been fixed).

From what I’ve read, most of you are complaing about the fact that the scout has a harder time killing a solly, while this may be true, that is by no means something that completely tilts the balance.

As I see it, you give up your ability spam and harass for some extra damage to one target.
So yes, scouts might have a harder time killing a solly, but the solly will prolly not be able to harass an enemy at a chokepoint.

You can’t just say that a weapon is OP, simply because it shifts one situation in someone elses advantage.

Previously the scout would shoot the solly, get about 100 damage back and kill the solly thru selfdamage.
With the TDH, the scout will also die in this situation.

baerbel

trick17
trick17

actually the soldier doesnt die due to the splash reduction.

atreides

From what I’ve read, most of you are complaing about the fact that the scout has a harder time killing a solly, while this may be true, that is by no means something that completely tilts the balance.

The result of the duel depends completely on the soldier’s ability to hit the scout once, nothing more. Instagibbing pipes were wrong, same goes with the TDH.

suni

[j]\\\'

The result of the duel depends completely on the soldier’s ability to hit the scout once, nothing more. Instagibbing pipes were wrong, same goes with the TDH.

This is something what i agree 100%.

Warmaster

-[MG]-
HL

Quoted for truth.

Should change TDH so it deals 126 damage when the player-models are touching, 120 max otherwise. :>

atreides

All has been said now, I see two generic strategies how to deal with this case:

Laissez-faire:
Maintain the provisional weaponlimits and see the community divide into all kinds of agreements.

Democratic leadership:
Provide clear rules regarding allowed and banned weapons, based on discussion and gameplay data set.

Your turn now, ETF2L.

Jack The Hat

PORKIE.

You make it so that The direct hit needs 2 hits to kill a low hp class then it will become the most useless weapon in the game. The original rocket launcher only needs 2 hits and is EASIER to kill a scout with.
Good Scouts beat good DH soldiers. Good Scouts LOSE to good RL soldiers. If a DH soldier kills you he most likely DESERVED it and would have killed you ANYWAY.

dellort

You make it so that The direct hit needs 2 hits to kill a low hp class then it will become the most useless weapon in the game. The original rocket launcher only needs 2 hits and is EASIER to kill a scout with.
Good Scouts beat good DH soldiers. Good Scouts LOSE to good RL soldiers. If a DH soldier kills you he most likely DESERVED it and would have killed you ANYWAY.

Not really… most of the soldiers I know have an easier time killing scouts with the direct hit.

Jack The Hat

PORKIE.

Not really… most of the soldiers I know have an easier time killing scouts with the direct hit.

Well they probably werne’t good scouts, or the soldier was just better. its REALLY EASY using the rl to kill scouts that are around the same skill level as you or even if they are better at scout than you are at soldier. The only way a scout can beat you is if he 2 shots you and started from a flanking position because the time it takes for you to fire your second shot your dead or if you just legitimately missed.

atreides

Well they probably werne’t good scouts, or the soldier was just better. its REALLY EASY using the rl to kill scouts that are around the same skill level as you or even if they are better at scout than you are at soldier.

You already said it, it’s already really easy with the regular rocketlauncher, so there’s no need to have a even better weapon that kills instant.

Enough anecdotal evidence, we got your point, the TDH needs a change.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13