Forum

Soldier Weps, Overpowered or not?

Created 18th December 2009 @ 05:13

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 59 Next »

yin

how abotu that : 2scouts,1soldier,1heavy,1demoman,1medic

soldier is a bit strong yes but the new weapons are jsut awesoem and there will be many sick frags with it so keep the teamthings fair

Extremer

Nah, it’s just that soldier weapons are actually overpowered.

Please define overpowered.

If you mean “they make solly better than before”, then yes, they are overpowered. But solly ALWAYS was just a lame guy who protects the medic and sometimes jump on a spire or smth. All the killing, damaging, etc was done by either scouts or demomen, and now you (everyone except sollys) are afraid of that. ADMIT IT!

TDH:
1) The rocket speed makes them almost impossible to dodge at low-mid range.
2) Close range rockets do up to 160 damage.
3) Airshots do up to 220 damage.

Pickaxe:
1) Pretty much no downsides. (you do like 1/2 shovel damage when at full health, but why would you use melee at full health anyway?).
2) You move much faster with low hp (almost like a scout with ~20hp or so)
3) Does over 175 damage with low health.

Bugle:
I haven’t tested it much, but I’ve heard about minicrits damage fall off.

PingWIN

most annoying thing: you didnt even jump but you get hit by a minicrit rocket :S (there should be a heigh when the hit get minicrit imo)

Last edited by PingWIN,

wpminnows

[PG]

i think those are bugged

Ino

dp.
dp.

If you mean “they make solly better than before”, then yes, they are overpowered. But solly ALWAYS was just a lame guy who protects the medic and sometimes jump on a spire or smth. All the killing, damaging, etc was done by either scouts or demomen, and now you (everyone except sollys) are afraid of that. ADMIT IT!

TDH:
1) The rocket speed makes them almost impossible to dodge at low-mid range.

Pickaxe:
1) Pretty much no downsides. (you do like 1/2 shovel damage when at full health, but why would you use melee at full health anyway?).
2) You move much faster with low hp (almost like a scout with ~20hp or so)
3) Does over 175 damage with low health.

Bugle:
I haven’t tested it much, but I’ve heard about minicrits damage fall off.

those damage values are not correct, airshots do 185 damage with damagespread disabled.
The only problem is that shots are registered as “midair” when you are jumping. There should be some minimal height for them to mini-crit.

skinnie

TCM

just played a pickup and I got 1shotted 2 times without minicrit (and with full hp)

AnimaL

just played a pickup and I got 1shotted 2 times without minicrit (and with full hp)

i got 1shotted from point blank as medic (150hp)

Extremer

those damage values are not correct, airshots do 185 damage with damagespread disabled.
The only problem is that shots are registered as “midair” when you are jumping. There should be some minimal height for them to mini-crit.

http://fakkelbrigade.eu/extremer/files/tr_airshot_v00008.jpg
http://fakkelbrigade.eu/extremer/files/cp_badlands0117.jpg

Last edited by Extremer,

Mr.Magic

TBA
ZOS!

I was on the spire in a pickup a few hours ago and an overhealed solly jumped from the stone bridge up towards me. Put one rocket in him and that killed him instantly. I think it did something around 210 damage.

Isai

flowerpower/

The TDH should not receive mini crits on airshots, since it is easier to hit them. If a RL should receive such a bonus, the normal one should get it.

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

remove the mincrits on airshots
stfu and adapt.

Last edited by howdeh,

Anderson

TEZC
TEZC

just tested it now, when a banner is activated and a engineer is in proximity, if he has an Sentry up, then the sentry fires mini crits….hello defence!

aLx

trick17
trick17

+1

TDH Limit 1 and we are fine.

Assault Marine Sigh

haha some of these posts are brilliant, now that the soldier can finally compete with both demo and scout at close and medium range people cry about it.

The following is what is wrong with the new weapons:
TDH = minicrits are not needed, damage should be higher but not 25%.
However if you check the splash difference is pathetic.

The bugle, well I dont feel it should give mini crits to the bearer.

The axe is already considered an upgrade and valve said this in an email to the creator, so please get over it. If the soldier is moving at lightspeed, get your pistol out if your a scout, and if demo wham out your bottle or sword, even a med should have no trouble killing a soldier who moves like a scout with a very small amount of hp and is limited to using just the axe. (for those who are clueless you only get the boost with the axe out).

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

only thing wrong is the mini-crits at extremely low height, mini-crits should only kick in at say 10 foot. other than that i dont see the problem at all, its not like we can just randomly fire at the ground to damage with it.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 59 Next »