Forum

Soldier Weps, Overpowered or not?

Created 18th December 2009 @ 05:13

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 44 45 46 ... 59 Next »

piece

i cant remember any scout whining because of the self dmg. We all agree its too much atm. Just like it was not enough before they patched it up. The middle way would be a solution for everyone.
But Valve didnt do anything about that, the tiny change to the fan was laughable, it didnt change anything about the issues we had with it. They even slowed the scout down compared to before.

So all in all, its valves fault, they couldnt be arsed to listen and do some competitive changes to it.

Either ban the unlocks until they get changed or do some mod for it where we can change the values ourselves.

As it stands now its getting more and more a joke.
Limit this, limit that, ban that, allow this.

Lets play TF2 pure like it was before the retarded unlocks showed up, like back in the days when it was fun.

alfa

+1 piece, I wonder how the fuck would FaN scouts survive in an etf2l without unlocks.

Oh yeah so I stay on the topic.IF TDH = BAN THAN FAN = BAN.

P.S: This thread looks like this for me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRnIXnBcAAo

Last edited by alfa,

Assault Marine Sigh

+1 piece, I wonder how the fuck would FaN scouts survive in an etf2l without unlocks

Same way people who want to keep the unlocks play, they would adjust and learn.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

I don’t think the TDH changes bad soldiers in good soldiers. I haven’t seen any change in my performance as a soldier (but maybe I’m to shit, or to good to benefit from it :P). Hell, I even think the TDH is only overpowered (after removing or fixing the mini crits and compared to the old rl) in the hands of a very high skilled soldier. And that’s exactly how we want it. The fan is an entirely different story.

Normal RL puts down the stunning and splash, while the TDH soldier tries to get the pick.

Last edited by Koeitje,

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

bring back TFTrue or whatever the modification was, sort out this crappy stuff we all debate about on weapons and decide what is best!

skinnie

TCM

What I can remember from tf2 beta is that there were some nice ideas like an unlock for a heavy which allowed him to be faster on mid, but for some reason someone invited fragga who brought up senseless arguments against every idea (except no selfdamage, superfast reload and 1000rockets) about how it would make soldiers even more useless bla bla

Not that Valve would have listened anyway, there were some good solutions to fix the FaN but they made it even more bugged.

There is no way people will agree on how to modify unlocks, a pro-mod (or tftrue) is a terrible idea.

Last edited by skinnie,

DominiX

sP.

There is no theoretical chanse that ANY update/change would satisfy every player, someone would still be complaining about how Valve sux and how everyone hates theire class and QQ like that. If there is some democracy arround here, then you should satisfy the vast majority of players ( who’s point of view is actually objective, not the regular QQ you get on forums ) who opines about the topic, in this situation – what to do with TDH. I’m almost sure that the latest update killed any chanse that much of soldiers would use Buff Banner now, cause to fill up the rage-o-meter, you have to get like 10 kills+ ?? The obvious majority now says that you should ban TDH for now, before Valve implement TDH as the comunity would like it to be.

Last edited by DominiX,

skinnie

TCM

Democracy or ‘majority wins’ doesn’t work either.. remember the FaN polls ?

piece

we had a few fan polls…..first the whole community, then only div1 teams and a few other good teams.
Results were always the same. About 60% wanted the weapon banned. The admins didnt give a fuck about that. Instead they limited it to 1. Noone knows why its limited to 1 actually.
Either its overpowered, no fun to play etc. or not.
So either no limit or ban.

The limits on weapons are just stupid.

compton

cvx|

There is no way people will agree on how to modify unlocks, a pro-mod (or tftrue) is a terrible idea.

Isn’t that exactly why it would be a good idea? Depending on who the project director is, if he has a clue (unlike Valve), he can just ignore people who can’t make logical arguments and concentrate on making the game better.

Pro-mods work in other games (see CPMA), there’s no reason why it wouldn’t theoretically work in TF2. Except if I’m missing something in the technical side, since I have no idea how modding TF2 works.

DominiX

sP.

Totaly agreed about how promod would SUCK! I wouldn’t have anything against comp. to stay like it was before Demo versus Soldier update, aka without any demo/soldier unlockable. But afaik the only thing that seems shit for almost everyone here is the massive overpower of TDH, so see no problems forbiding that. And it shouldn’t be so hard amairait? At least untill it’s nerfed

cMw

Democracy or ‘majority wins’ doesn’t work either.. remember the FaN polls ?

do u drink blue moon there?

absolutely great beer

skinnie

TCM

no, it’s not a belgian beer

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Isn’t that exactly why it would be a good idea? Depending on who the project director is, if he has a clue (unlike Valve), he can just ignore people who can’t make logical arguments and concentrate on making the game better.

Pro-mods work in other games (see CPMA), there’s no reason why it wouldn’t theoretically work in TF2. Except if I’m missing something in the technical side, since I have no idea how modding TF2 works.

Other promods like the one for CoD4 and CPMA cannot be compared to a game like tf2 for obvious reasons.

hamza

vR
vR|

I think TDH is OP because it makes the scouts speed useless. I mean as scout a big advantage is the speed to dodge enemy attacks. But the direct hits projectiles are so fast that dodging is almost impossible. Well yeah you could jump around like an idiot but it only takes one well aimed shot and/or luck of the soldier and he blasts you into pieces and you can do nothing about it. And in the hands of a very skilled soldier you just got to have luck not being hit by him because he just misses or predicts in the wrong way. You can’t anticipate or interpret his next shot because its just “Shoot->Die” plus that jumping causes minicrit hits which makes you much more likely to die when jumping around and trying to confuse him or something..

Last edited by hamza,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 44 45 46 ... 59 Next »