Scheduling, still a drama..

Created 30th November 2009 @ 00:39

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »

dAyKiLLeR

(Legend)
farm!
it's a farm

Enough flaming. Thread closed.

Some guys received a forum ban for 4 days.

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Thread re-opened with all the off-topic comments and flaming removed.

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Alright let’s discuss one solution – the hard line approach.

Every season we give one week ahead of each match week to arrange the game. So you have league week 1 = scheduling week for match 1, league week 2 = playing week for match 1, scheduling week for match 2, and so on. If you do not agree on a day to play your game in the scheduling week, we give you a default date in the match week. This is all how it currently works.

However, we could have it so that once a default date has been assigned, the only way you could re-arrange the game is by using a wildcard. This would then change the default date to a date in the following week, but give you a chance to agree to change this date to any time in that week or the week after (the normal 2 weeks you get). If you don’t both agree on a new date before the wildcard default date is reached, you must play the game on that date.

No more week 3 games being played in the last week of the season, no more unscheduled games getting lost and ignored after using a wildcard. Games must be played within 3 weeks of their normal week, without exceptions.

The obvious problem with such a rigid system is that we will end up with a lot more defaults. However it will ensure that games get played sooner rather than later.

demsii

EPA

Personally I think default wins/losses should be avoided at all cost unless there is absolutely no other choice (or the team simply gives it away).

I think the current system actually does work, but stuff like reschedueling are too vague and too hectic for both parties (And therefore some parties abuse it).
Maybe enforce a rule that if you want to reschedule, you can only do it if you’ve shown you want to reschedule in the matchlink (so it is clear for anyone that team A wants to reschedule, making it mandatory or it’s “invalid”) and then you can arrange it through irc/steamfriends, without the interference of an admin saying both teams agreed when 1 party knows of nothing, yet the date is locked?

And when team A changed their mind (and for example prefer the default date), there needs to be at least a 24 hr notice in the matchlink that they’re alright with the default date?

Failing to do so could mean you lose your wildcard .. Or something like that?

Besides, I don’t think we’ve tested out the “proposing” system enough to already jump on a new system..

Just a few minor ideas.. I just want to avoid what has happened with us and make sure no one else has to deal with it like we have.

Last edited by demsii,

Ijantis

tbh the incident with SHIFTPLAY was your own fault. You should have contacted an admin on the night or pasted the chat logs onto the match link.

Instead you chose to rely on them by assuming they couldn’t play on the default date even though it was still scheduled. Not really the most intelligent thing to do.

alfa

Or like when you play some teams wich,you don’t receive a message from them about scheduling untill the day of the match.I think demourge a is right and “let there be justice!”

Last edited by alfa,

phiL

demourge dont blame us for ur faults. cooki contacted u 2 weeks before the game, when we knew we will have some ppl going for holiday and some others gotta work in the last 2 remaining season weeks.

So he told u some dates that would fit our schedule (23.11/24.11 and the 06/12).

Either u misread cookis dates or he typed wrong, but we dont play on saturdays!

After u told him that u cant play on the suggested dates, i told cooki that we will wait for u to make a new date proposal otherwise we gonna play @ the default date.
Since u didnt contact us any further and the default date was set we didnt see any reason to contact u, because we thought u are able to understand the meaning of the words “Default Date”

Last edited by phiL,

destructo

?

demsii

EPA

px. !Demourge!: weren’t you supposed to come back to me to talk to me seeing you had to talk to the other guys, hmm?
SHIFTplay :: cooki: I tried to contact you but you didn’t answer today ( being the default date)
px. !Demourge!: weren’t you supposed to talk earlier to me seeing you wanted to rescheduele
px. !Demourge!: me OR jorman?
SHIFTplay :: cooki: it’s the default date and we have no time this week
SHIFTplay :: cooki: Also you didn’t want to play on 23rd or 24th
px. !Demourge!: didn’t we already talk about that, seeing YOU wanted to rescheduele?
px. !Demourge!: well, we were fine with next week
px. !Demourge!: and you cried about that
px. !Demourge!: so what’s your point?
SHIFTplay :: cooki: I didn’t say anything about a reschedulde and as I talked with you we couldn’t find an date so our team decide to take the default date
px. !Demourge!: sorry?
px. !Demourge!: the sole reason you talked to me AND Jorman was because you wanted to rescheduele
px. !Demourge!: nothing more, nothing less.
SHIFTplay :: cooki: I said let’s play on 23rd or 24th november, because you can’t play on 5th december
px. !Demourge!: rofl, no you didn’t.
SHIFTplay :: cooki: so we decide to takte the default date cause we can’t play between the th and 4th
px. !Demourge!: you wanted to play on the 23rd or 24th in the first place
SHIFTplay :: cooki: oh yes I did
px. !Demourge!: cuz you “couldn’t play” on the default date
SHIFTplay :: cooki: I said we can’t play cause we were already booked on the default date
px. !Demourge!: so, didn’t you tell me you would get back to me after you talked to your guys for our new proposed date and I would AWAIT YOUR ANSWER .. ?
px. !Demourge!: I told you, 5th wouldn’t be good (which is a saturday + holiday here), 6th is fine (as your team supposedly couldn’t play that entire week?)

Krakyn

rEJ

Assumptions make an ass of u and me.

Talk more, assume less, sort dates out further in advance and pay attention to what date is on the match page. The sole problem that is being raised here is miss/lack off communication. Nothing wrong with the system leave it alone.

Cooki

rhs

It’s ridiculous Demourge. Don’t forget the time when you wrote me the message. And I said to you we can play on 6th december last week. But you cried because you have holidays or sth. And you were late yesterday. You wrote me the message at 21:30 cet. And that is to late if you want to reschedulde a match because we have to do better things than to play every sunday. The answer is pretty simple if you had wrote me a message last week. We could have found a date but you were late.

demsii

EPA

I told you, we have holidays on the 5th, I also said the 6th was fine, as I also told the admin which later asked you if you wanted to reschedule for the 6th, which you again refused..

I don’t care that you wanna dick around for easy points, but at least have the guts to admit it ;)

It’s just very sad that you’re afraid to lose a point to us and therefore force and prefer a default win, only because you don’t wanna mess up your chance of getting into div1 ;)

Last edited by demsii,

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Or like when you play some teams wich,you don’t receive a message from them about scheduling untill the day of the match.I think demourge a is right and “let there be justice!”

The solution to that is for teams to start writing on match pages days they definitely cannot play, so if you put a fixture proposal in early and it is rejected very late, then the admins can see what days you are not available if a default date has to be assigned.

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

i already told this to jonni, but it would be nice to have some sort of bar where you can say which day and time your team would pref your default date, example: thursday 21cet.

On top of that it might be better to post a default date from the moment people can schedule the match.

It could say something like:

If both parties can’t agree on a date the following default date is proposed: x day: x time

I know its an extra step for the admins, caused by the lack of teams scheduling their matches, but this way everybody knows what’s coming for them and there’s no last minute suprises.

Last edited by Exfane,

seraph

rEJ

The site admins have been doing a pretty good job lately with the site. If they were to implement a flexible calendar system wherein you could state days you can/cannot play and even make it usable for clans to schedule PCWs it’d be a great tool for the community. Getting together with some other leagues to integrate all scheduled games on it would be a treat too.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »