Forum

YYT Statement - Boomeh Banned

Created 19th November 2009 @ 19:14

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 22 Next »

Norris

always had respect for Rejects but they really come across like a bunch of total whiners lately.

Loco

Mayo

Norris,
its all about justice
not about whineing,
i mean do you not think we where as fucked off as yoyo are when we had the same shit inflicted on us,
of course we did.
i sympathise with every player in yoyo as i know what it feels like to get shafted from A:someone you like spend a lot of time with online
B:and then getting letdown and your whole team suffering

and if you think we and many other clans didnt or dont suffer from what an individual does then you just dont get it mate.
regardless of what div they are or we are or x team are that had the same happen to them
its not about “just us whineing” its about every team in etf2l who suffered a similar situatioin
but like Admins love to point out “RULES are RULES”
and yes im sure they will make there valid reasons and punishment and deal with it in there own way what that outcome will be will yet to be seen.

rtan

-9w-

Why don’t you guys wait until a decision has been made before moaning?

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

I would argue that maybe YYT should get an ever stiffer punishment than Rejects got. Rejects only had a previously banned player in their team, there were no cheating accusations and I don’t think anyone believes Rejects knew about Mads’ previous account. YYT on the other hand had an active cheater, and for a long time too judging by Anakin’s input.

Please be quiet.

Do you really think that YYT would allow a cheater within their team, when they’re playing at a level where they have far more at stake than 99% of other teams in the TF2 scene? Competing both online and offline, at LANs and for money, it’s far too risky to play with a hacker and the reactions of the team show how shocked/disappointed/angry they are.

Regarding double standards, give ETF2L a chance ffs. All this theoretical ranting about double standards, when ETF2L haven’t even done anything yet. Wait for them to announce something officially, and then if you still feel the need to, rant away to appear cool on forums.

No, they don’t condone a cheater in their team. However, he is comparing it to Reject’s case cause it’s the closest recent example.

Rejects:
– ex-cheater in the team on a second account. Didn’t cheat while in Rejects.
– team didn’t know
– match defaulted right away
– points deducted (later rescinded)

Yoyotech:
– cheater in the team. Cheated while in Yoyotech.
– team didn’t know

Yoyotech played with the cheater in the team while he cheated in ESL and most likely in ETF2L as well. Their case is more severe and therefore deserves a more severe punishment.

Cheers Bill, summed up my point perfectly.

Norris

Loco. I know. but what I’ve seen here recently is getting ridicules. As soon as something got announced immediately someone from your team (most likely Koei) pops up and starts an argument. the situation just got announced. there’s nothing decided yet. why can’t you guys just keep it cool untill there’s a decison? and why in heavens name in this topic?

Last edited by Norris,

byte

Exactly that wait for the decision by ETF2L if its fair then great if its not then whine and moan when the decision is out :-)

I will start to edit posts if they keep going off topic, so be warned.

Cheers

Byte

nvc

if MORE people get shorter bans that joske (who cheated in css) i’m going to freak out

Last edited by nvc,

paixhaine

H!

the decision should be out since at least last night.
EDIT: Byte original post has been created 17 hours ago.

he cheated, default loss to yoyotech. these are YOUR rules, so what are you discussing about ?

nvc: boomeh only cheated while playing competitive tf2 but he never insulted admin, why would he be banned longer than joske tbh ?

Last edited by paixhaine,

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

The situation is not exactly the same as the Rejects situation. The default was awarded straight away because the fraud was discovered and confirmed by us, as was the original ban. Boomeh has not -yet- (and I stress the word yet) been banned by us, so yoyotech have not had any defaults awarded against them yet.

Rejects also received a major warning for the used of an already banned player (this major warning was later removed). This is a different rule break to playing a cheater in a game. There may be the possibility that we can find out if Boomeh cheated in recent ETF2L games, but I will leave that to the AC team to deal with.

Finally, 22 hours have passed since the thread was started. The ban was automatically made on ESL, which I believe Anakin has stated before means that ESL admins are not directly informed of, so he wouldn’t have known about it as soon as it happened. During the 22 hours since the thread was started, the admin team had the small matter of an ETF2L Nations Cup Final to deal with.

I will also admit WITHOUT SHAME that I spent 8 hours of the last 22 asleep in my bed. I am pretty sure most of the admin team did the same. So how about we all just wait a bit, yes? There are still 6 days until the next yoyotech game, it is only a matter of time before things happen, but how about we all stop getting ourselves wound up into a frenzy over something which won’t actually affect anything for the next 6 days minimum.

Loco

Mayo

sorry byte,
dont want to traul on your thread
i can see its obviously already a shit situation to deal with
but gluck with your team im sure you will work through this and carry on
and be sucessfull.

nvc

nvc: boomeh only cheated while playing competitive tf2 but he never insulted admin, why would he be banned longer than joske tbh ?

LOL!?

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Rejects also received a major warning for the used of an already banned player (this major warning was later removed). This is a different rule break to playing a cheater in a game. There may be the possibility that we can find out if Boomeh cheated in recent ETF2L games, but I will leave that to the AC team to deal with.

Does it matter if he cheated or not in an etf2l game?

kaidus

WiK?

Lol can’t agree more norris. Kids took one blow and it’s like the only thing in the world that matters anymore. DIV1 PLAYER CHEATED? OH SHIT BETTER DISCUSS THAT DIV 3/2 TEAM FROM 2 MONTHS AGO.

Franc

FcN|

pff, april fool’s day joke….so obvious

http://www.lukewrites.com/wp-content/uploads/ugly-cat.jpg

H...

-[MG]-
HL

I will also admit WITHOUT SHAME that I spent 8 hours of the last 22 asleep in my bed. I am pretty sure most of the admin team did the same.

The admin team all sleep in your bed Snowie?

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 22 Next »