Forum

remove Wildcard 24hrs rule

Created 29th October 2009 @ 11:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

compton

cvx|

I think giving exceptions won’t do any good. I can just go walk my dog and claim that my net is down while the other team is having trouble over rescheduling the game. You can basically make unlimited amount of excuses to reschedule your games over and over again.

The schedules are made for a reason for everyone’s comfort. If you feel you can never be sure what happens I think it’s time to look at yourself and not blame the system for being unfair.

It seems to be hard for some people, but preparation is the key to success. You can’t replace preparation with an extremely flexible scheduling system. It will just get messier and messier.

If you’re not prepared to play despite a player dropping for a random reason, be prepared to lose by default.

Last edited by compton,

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

I think giving exceptions won’t do any good. I can just go walk my dog and claim that my net is down while the other team is having trouble over rescheduling the game. You can basically make unlimited amount of excuses to reschedule your games over and over again.

The schedules are made for a reason for everyone’s comfort. If you feel you can never be sure what happens I think it’s time to look at yourself and not blame the system for being unfair.

It seems to be hard for some people, but preparation is the key to success, not ultimate flexibility.

If you’re not prepared to play despite a player dropping for a random reason, be prepared to lose by default.

What the fuck? This has nothing to do with the situation.
You get 2 wildcards per season, its not like you can use one every match, and I’m pretty sure the only reason people use a wildcard is because of an emergency that couldn’t be avoided during scheduling, infact, thats how it works.

You use a wildcard because you aren’t prepared due to emergency, and no, you shouldn’t be forced to default because of an emergency.

+1 to allowing wildcards usable at anytime before the match starts.

Last edited by howdeh,

eX

[j]\\\'
[j]'

Sounds more or less like you’re in favour of winning on w.o compton :P

No matter how prepared you may be, there may always occur something unexpected just a few hours ‘fore the game. Or even minutes… As the wildcard is only usable two times á season, IMO; it should be usuable whenever the incident occur, even if it’s 5 minutes before gamestart. If you got no wildcards left, then it’s all up to the opponent to be “kind” enough to reschedule it.

Last edited by eX,

M0re

+1 for remove 24h rule

FADe

Having the wildcard attached to a 24hour rule is pretty dumb, a wildcard imo is your one and only chance at avoiding a default loss because of an unforeseen problem.. someones mum could be taken into hopsital last minute for example and one of your team members is obviously NOT going to be at the pc playing games.. how are you meant to give 24hours notice for something like that? A wildcard, if this league is going to continue to use them should be able to be used whenever, thats the whole point in it and its why you only get one per season.

compton

cvx|

Sounds more or less like you’re in favour of winning on w.o compton :P

Yeah, I’m more than happy to win by default if the opponent can’t be contacted, lets the scheduling go to default and then wants to reschedule at the last minute before the match starts.

Don’t wanna waste time with pricks that don’t know how to manage scheduling, even if it happens only twice per team per season.

Last edited by compton,

Alot of people made valid points in here, imo do what someone suggested on page one and change 1 wildcard to be used 30 minutes before a match, and 1 stays at 24 hours (you get 2 atm, right?). So you got 1 real emergency wildcard.

Last edited by Fluffy Meowington,

Ijantis

Alot of people made valid points in here, imo do what someone suggested on page one and change 1 wildcard to be used 30 minutes before a match, and 1 stays at 24 hours (you get 2 atm, right?). So you got 1 real emergency wildcard.

best idea so far

But 30 mins might be a bit too short notice for the other team. Maybe an hour would be more suitable.

RaCio

GoT²

Having the wildcard attached to a 24hour rule is pretty dumb, a wildcard imo is your one and only chance at avoiding a default loss because of an unforeseen problem.. someones mum could be taken into hopsital last minute for example and one of your team members is obviously NOT going to be at the pc playing games..

Thats obviously a good point, however for every valid reason there will be a terrible one. A team could just postpone a match one minute before it starts because they want more training.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

best idea so far

But 30 mins might be a bit too short notice for the other team. Maybe an hour would be more suitable.

If you’re gonna have one with a 24hour notice period and one with a shorter period why not just leave it without a notice period?

It’s not like one hour notice will make a huge change to the other team, it takes maybe two minutes to find another match on IRC anyway.

Cloud

.wldcrd!

best idea so far

If you're gonna have one with a 24hour notice period and one with a shorter period why not just leave it without a notice period?

It's not like one hour notice will make a huge change to the other team, it takes maybe two minutes to find another match on IRC anyway.

My idea <3

Nah basic idea was if you have to wildcard with more than 24 hours to go you've got a longer period of time to reschedule in.

If it's last minute you've got less time to do it because it puts the other team down

Last edited by Cloud,

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Might be worth putting a poll up to find out what the general consensus on this is?

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

+1 remove the time part of the wild card use
(I want to use the wc everytime I want :P)

I know that some teams like -PoD- are nice,
but I doubt that every team will act so

Last edited by cheee,

Daggial

fap

I like to see that many are supporting my idea here. Go on :)

OT- to the FB2 guys: don’t generalise please, i’m italian too :O

Cloud

.wldcrd!

Might be worth putting a poll up to find out what the general consensus on this is?

+1

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »