Forum

Discussion regarding the usage of banned players.

Created 14th October 2009 @ 10:46

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »

longas

Well they didn’t do their job properly though. 230 days, 1 entire season, 5 teams + national team. This wasn’t something like the 2SYK/joske thing (top demo shows up out of the blue). But I already talked to some admins on IRC about this, and they are looking into it. So it’s out of my hands :).

He has a point there, imo the matches should be replayed.

Funkeh

DStM

Hope you get to replay the maps, the evidence is in your favour.

Loco

Mayo

maybe you should take that question up with daykiller
who seems to love dishing out the punishments,
and yet no one can clear up team wales envolvment….
ill wait for his response

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Wales lost every game in the Nations Cup didn’t they? Not sure what we’d get them apart from a wooden spoon :D

Koeitje/Loco – Snowie already said that he’d get back to you after the situation has been reviewed. Be patient and give people time to review what is going on. Kicking up a fuss and taking sly digs at admins isn’t really going to help speed anything up here.

Daykiller hasn’t replied because he’s not online. I don’t think we have the ability to page him to come to the Internet immediately either…

Last edited by d2m,

Loco

Mayo

Im not digging,
im just asking to here some feedback on the situation .:D

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

I understand, but this has a danger of becoming less of a discussion and more finger pointing, which is unnecessary. If it’s going to be a discussion, let’s keep it at a discussion level and talk about what can be done to detect and negate these problems in the future.

As a fellow clan leader I worry just as much that something like this could happen to my own team, and I do empathise that the situation has upset/angered your team very strongly.

Last edited by d2m,

WildCard

Last season when we added TwoSyk “joske” to our rooster and used him in officials even after contacting admins to verify he was a legit player and them confirming for the most part that he was. We was allowed to replay the games even though a banned player was used, so why TDJ cant I dont know since seems obvious they was unaware as most people were.

And as has been said even more annoying is rearlising admins are well aware or seem to be aware of the player before the official was played as was the case in my part since I had to contact admins regarding a different situation to in the end get the response “oh btw we have been meaning to talk to you about your player twosyk” 1-2 days afte the game we played him saying we have been investigating him awhile blah blah. Great why not tell me before so I wouldnt play him…

kaidus

WiK?

You can’t really ask to replay that game surely, as maggots took 2 points from it that they’re probably quite proud of regardless of the cheating situation. A replay would almost surely deny them the full 6, not just the +4 they got due to mads being a dickhead.

Isn’t the point of having a panel of admins so that they can deal with issues on a player-by-player, event-by-event basis? I could train a bunch of monkeys to mindlessly follow a preset list of rules if I wanted, surely there should be some wiggle room (ie. telling loco prior to the official, taking away the -1 point, etc). For a team like rejects in division 3b to drop 6 points to maggots is punishment enough to be honest (no dis-respect meant to maggots here, but rejects are just worlds ahead), there’s just no need to shit on their grave with -1 punishment deduction.

Last edited by kaidus,

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

did he cheat in the match – no?
did the clan knowingly sign a cheater – no?
did it really have any effect on the other team – no?
is it worth penalizing TDR – no?

Seems harsh to penalize TDR. If he cheated in the match then its totally different. Otherwise this could keep happening over and over again, with certain players getting a kick out of it

Anathema

Replay the match with the best possible result in favor of TDR being 4-1, even if they win 5-0 5-0 on both maps. This way TDR can get their four points back, and Maggots don’t have to lose theirs.

Edd

T2P

Yes and for the record could someone tell me the punishment for team wales
for useing a known banned cheat in there roster also,

He never played for wales. Doesn’t make anything different but oh well :>

hmm i really dont know whats going on here.
i really like it how some people jabber about the decision made by the admins and then..

“BAM”

rules? but ohh this team is sooo nice and cute and ohh why dont we just gave them a new try ohh

this website got rules. if someone means to break a rule its normal that this person gets a penalty and cause we dont play here all alone but in teams its normally that this team is also affected or do you think if a footballstar makes terror, his club only says” oh we didnt knew it we thought he is a nice guy”? No they also have to take the criticism and the impacts.

sure its not nice what happend with TDR but this can !allways! happen.

“For a team like rejects in division 3b to drop 6 points to maggots is punishment enough to be honest (no dis-respect meant to maggots here, but rejects are just worlds ahead), there’s just no need to shit on their grave with -1 punishment deduction.”

/signed everybody said TDR is so strong and they will dominate the 3b Divison so i think this is really no problem for TDR to fulfill thier goal even with this first”loss” they get.

trams

-><-

A team that use banned players MUST be punished, no exceptions to prevent future cheating.

A clan leader have to take responsibility for his team, otherwise we dont need CL:s.

About the IP scan, there is a problem with brothers/sisters, I know more then 3 siblings that plays tf2 on ETF2L, probably from the same IP-adresses.

tramsig/ a random player/leader in a random div5 team.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

this website got rules. if someone means to break a rule its normal that this person gets a penalty and cause we dont play here all alone but in teams its normally that this team is also affected or do you think if a footballstar makes terror, his club only says” oh we didnt knew it we thought he is a nice guy”? No they also have to take the criticism and the impacts.

Please point me to the rules stating the consequences of willingly taking on a banned player and the consequences of unwillingly taking on a banned player. There aren’t any. These rules are being made up by the admins for each individual case. A very nontransparent way of running a league.

I know this situation is a blessing for your team (was hoping your team would be up for a rematch with a guarantee the result won’t be worse than 4-1 in our favor, but guess that’s a false hope.), but please consider the consequences of running a league like this (as Fragga already mentioned).

If I have to say one final thing: I think it was a bad move on the admins part to immediately deduct points and default the match, before looking at the entire story. If they decide to handle this differently it just means they look like fools in some people eyes. This is why I suspect we are just fucked.

Ah well, we can just add this to the shit TDR has to deal with 24/7 lol :D

Last edited by Koeitje,

Please point me to the rules stating the consequences of willingly taking on a banned player and the consequences of unwillingly taking on a banned player. There aren’t any.

Info–>Rules–>Point:2.12
Basicrules are enough. You cant have for everything a rule, imagine how the real world would be? a fucked up place where everybody cant live their own live. Sure you cant tell if someone betrays people just by look into his/her eyes or while you speak with this person.

sometimes clans can just be unlucky to get some people with a sneaky charakter where you cant tell what is going to happen when a/b/c happens then you just have to deal with it like you wrote yourself

Last edited by Sendo Takeshi,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »