Forum

New Forum rules

Created 7th October 2009 @ 13:11

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

KillaloT

eureka

Freedom of speech! <3
Unfortunately a few ruins it for the rest. I understand these rules and this will hopefully be for the good.

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

IMO the forum did just fine without the lengthy list of rules.
Seems rather rushed to prevent ‘tf2street-style’ posts directed at ETF2L (at Daykiller really).

Last edited by Arie,

weqo

broder
syster

sigh. :/

dunc

infs
dp.

I’ll just stop using the forums now then…. :D

iQue

keso

I like to debate about political and religious stuff. :( Unfortunately people have to derail those threads all the time… bastards. I guess it’s for the better to not allow it.

byte

LOL Dunc :D

Cheers

Byte

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

The rules seem a bit over-sensitive on a number of points, mainly:

F.3
F.14
Inappropriate material

Some “Inappropriate material” can be amusing depending on the time and place, and its content. Additionally some people find the shock factor amusing. I do however understand that not everyone appreciates that sort of humor, but I do not think it should be forbidden, but instead could be given guidelines (etc. NSFW tags). But then again, most people use IRC so it’s not really that big of a thing.

F.3 seems a bit of a stretch, as swear words aren’t that hurtful to anyone, and neither are insults for that matter, unless it’s from someone who knows you and your character flaws and plays his insults on that. It’s mostly in good fun, and people joke like that a fair bit, but in case someone was a dick he could go to an admin and say he felt offended and therefore net the other person a warning/temp ban?

I disagree with F.14 for the reasons Sneis listed, as I think it’s beneficial to have open discussions about things that not everyone will know a lot about.
I’m sure plenty of religious people have met non-believers or followers of a different religion to have a very narrow-minded view, and open/public discussions is one of the most important ways to dispel such narrow-mindedness, and also allow for the believers themselves to critically reflect upon their own view and paradigm of the world, and will increase overall awareness.

While a gaming forum might not be the ideal place for a very rigorous discussion per se, it will allow for a large group of people to read and engage in it, which will at least help more than not having a discussion in the first place.

No because the rules were not out by then so logically it would seem wrong to punish anyone before che :-)

Cheers

Byte

Maybe you should talk to Valve, Byte.

Last edited by BERSERKER,

xzr

Time for someone to implement the Resupply forums in a way that doesn’t make one’s brains and eyes bleed

SfynX

T2P

ye im fine with these rules, just hope idiots take it seriously

byte

Well one clearly already hasn’t but it’s all good Sfnx, should filter out eventually the wrong doers! :)

Cheers

Byte

maggles!

[DA]
[DA]

decided to read them ,looks like we need a new league, what a joke.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

decided to read them ,looks like we need a new league, what a joke.

cya, I’m sure you’ll be missed.

dunc

infs
dp.

Time for someone to implement the Resupply forums in a way that doesn’t make one’s brains and eyes bleed

I promise you my lovely Xzar, next development of Resupply – coming soon – will have a muuuuch better forum. Contact me on IRC for moar detailz!!

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

No trolling? Noeeeeeeeees.

xzr

Well one clearly already hasn’t but it’s all good Sfnx, should filter out eventually the wrong doers! :)

Cheers

Byte

Did an admin just call me an idiot on the ETF2L forums? I RECKON THAT COUNTS AS POWER ABUSE! Remove Byte’s admins nao

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »