Forum

Cheaters second chance

Created 23rd September 2009 @ 09:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 Next »

Madsie

To seraph.. I havnt got a 3rd account and the only reason I came bac on the mads. account was to show everyone that I had the potential to be a good player regardless of admins opinion, I belive that people shouldn’t get banned unless its a VAC ban or Steam / Valve / higher people authenticate the player as a cheat.

Regards,

hoppi

TIDS

mads i love you !!!

I got one question for the admins, cause the rules aren’t so clear about it.

A player banned by VAC can actually play in etf2l competitions? And if he can, WHY?

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Quoted from DoN_CORL3onE

A player banned by VAC can actually play in etf2l competitions? And if he can, WHY?

Depends which engine they are VAC banned on AFAIK, if they are banned on 1.6/TF2 or some other HL1 engine game they’ll still be able to play on VAC secure TF2 servers.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from DoN_CORL3onE

This was clarified many times over the last few months.

If a player has a VAC ban which is nothing to do with TF2, then he’s perfectly fine to play. The ban will most likely be from a HL1 game, and we feel no need to punish someone who may have cheated in an older game or one that is not relevant to this league and this community.

Please use the search function on the forums and read old news posts to limit the asking of questions that have been answered multiple times previously.

Ah sry, i forgot to search for “HOW TO GET MORE CHEATER INTO MY LEAGUE”

….i’ll do next time ;)

thanks it’s great to HAVE to play with ex-cheaters!

Hellfish

Quoted from DoN_CORL3onE

….i’ll do next time ;)

thanks it’s great to HAVE to play with ex-cheaters!

this words from an italian guy :X

Norris

Quoted from DoN_CORL3onE

not THIS again. guess what would a formerly banned player do if he wants to play tf2 badly but’s not allowed because of a silly rule which doesn’t let you play again. right he’d just create a new one right away and would buy tf2 for a very few euros. everything that changes here is that you doesn’t even know that the dodgy player used to hack in the past. but if he’s allowed to play his account then you can be sure some admins are already having a deeper look into his play-style which is probably something for your safety.

Last edited by Norris,

Hansa

.idk?

Quoted from Hellfish

[…]

this words from an italian guy :X

Open your eyes dude. Your country isn’t free of cheaters. They are everywhere.

Quoted from Norris

[…]
not THIS again. guess what would a formerly banned player do if he wants to play tf2 badly but’s not allowed because of a silly rule which doesn’t let you play again. right he’d just create a new one right away and would buy tf2 for a very few euros. everything that changes here is that you doesn’t even know that the dodgy player used to hack in the past. but if he’s allowed to play his account then you can be sure some admins are already having a deeper look into his play-style which is probably something for your safety.

I understand your point mate, but answer me a question pls.

If I’m a poor guy who can’t play decently and i’m thinking about using cheats, which rule could persuade me to do not use cheats? We got 2 options:

1) if the rule says “if u get caught cheating u can never play again”, the poor guy will think that maybe it’s better to do not cheat, that if this happens and he being caught he’ll have to buy a new account and probably he’ll lose every friend on this game and so he should start everything from the beginning.

2) if the rule says “if u get caught cheating u’ll play but WE KNOW WHO U ARE”, the same poor guy can probably think “hey maybe i can try to cheat, cause even if i get caught i’ll just have to do not use cheats anymore…but if they don’t caught me i can own everyone!!!!!”

The main purpose of every law is to deter people from committing certain actions with the threat of certain consequences.
The actual rule has the opposite function. Think about it.

For Hellfish: what’s the problem with you?

Quoted from Hansa

[…]

Open your eyes dude. Your country isn’t free of cheaters. They are everywhere.

I’m absolutely agree with u man, but what should we do? Allow them to play, cause in any case they’ll find a way to come beck in game with different nicks ecc.?? With the actual rules we’re just making life easier for cheater.

wer

tfortress.no

Quoted from DoN_CORL3onE

[…]

I understand your point mate, but answer me a question pls.

If I’m a poor guy who can’t play decently and i’m thinking about using cheats, which rule could persuade me to do not use cheats? We got 2 options:

1) if the rule says “if u get caught cheating u can never play again”, the poor guy will think that maybe it’s better to do not cheat, that if this happens and he being caught he’ll have to buy a new account and probably he’ll lose every friend on this game and so he should start everything from the beginning.

2) if the rule says “if u get caught cheating u’ll play but WE KNOW WHO U ARE”, the same poor guy can probably think “hey maybe i can try to cheat, cause even if i get caught i’ll just have to do not use cheats anymore…but if they don’t caught me i can own everyone!!!!!”

The main purpose of every law is to deter people from committing certain actions with the threat of certain consequences.
The actual rule has the opposite function. Think about it.

For Hellfish: what’s the problem with you?

Ye, if only all cheaters were poor guys this would be the way to go

Last edited by wer,

Quoted from wer

[…]Ye, if only all cheaters were poor guys this would be the way to go

Mate every cheater IS a really poor guy.

Norris

well they suffer a league ban for at least one year and they are marked as cheaters. ain’t it enough justice? it’s not like they cheat, get caught and are allowed to keep playing. their e-image (LOL?) is pretty much ruined. look at guys like abra. even if they’d try to play as clean and transparent as possible.. it’s pretty obvious that nobody will ever consider them serious anymore.

// err I see I drifted into TF2 bans. guess we were talking about HL1 bans. so pretty much ignore this post :p

Last edited by Norris,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

If you cheat I think perm ban, no questions they shouldn’t cheat. Simple.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 Next »