Forum

Players vs. admins

Created 19th September 2009 @ 22:11

Locked Pages: 1 2 Next »

vlad_drac

xoxo

This is going to get quickly buried in bullshit, but i was lamenting at the end of the “Provisional divisions” post about this fact:

It always seems like, with this league, the majority of the playerbase is in direct conflict and a state of animosity with the league admins. No one seems to be getting any joy out of this rofl.

After reading jimmy breeze’s suggestions, it really struck me that the admins presumably made this league for the community – that is, for us. The admins run this league for us. I think for a while there’s been a bit of an attitude towards the members of the league from some admins (perhaps?) in the direction of “If you don’t like it, fuck off, it’s our league. Take it or leave it.” And in turn that sparks an attitude from the players to the admins of “Stop acting like nazis, we all hate you.” And who knows who started it after all? It’s like any major world conflict, no one remembers who did the original insult, both parties only remember the insults.

Jimmy breeze’s suggestion, to me, was a bright flash of light in the gloom. Not only did he come up with a great suggestion, but instead of bickering with admins, and admins bickering back, he just cut the shit and suggested a great idea that would make it easier on admins, and make it easier for us players. And he did it in the middle of a bickering spat between an admin and a player. I’m sure you both can justify the argument. And if you feel the need to, then obviously my post is misplaced.

I think everyone should have a little nap and a lie down. Then admins should ask themselves, who am i doing this for? Maybe your PR (public relations) could be a little better and it would ease this constant players vs. admins war. And the players should ask themselves, why would i hate someone who’s doing me a favour? And, is there a better way for me to suggest this? And then the admins might have a little more time to listen to you and your suggestion might not be stonewalled before it’s intentions and value can be judged.

Or maybe i’m full of shit, but after jimmy breeze’s suggestion i felt a little weirded out by the fact that, in a league made by admins for the benefit of the players, the players hate the admins and the admins hate the players.

I’m hesitating clicking “create topic” for the tirade of “lol hippy go hug a tree qq” and “what an emo faggot” replies as i am sure to get. But what the fuck, you only live once.

Hug a rainbow everyone.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

lol hippy go hug a tree qq

Ijantis

I’m sorry but the one admin to close the thread containing the best fucking idea about division placements just HAD to be Gryzor.

No offence to anyone but come on…

I’m sorry but the one admin to close the thread containing the best fucking idea about division placements just HAD to be Gryzor.

Leave Gryzor alone already, he said JB’s idea was worth thinking about, and made it clear it couldn’t be done for s6…

I don’t think most people really hate the admins, at least I hope they don’t. The admins are doing a great job for free so that all the hundreds of teams can enjoy playing in etf2l. The whine is just people who fail to see what a huge amount of work seeding teams is and that it isn’t really possible to satisfy everyone. Try folding+reforming less people, would make everyone’s life a lot easier.

Jimmy’s idea is awesome and I think m0re mentioned that some time ago, too bad we won’t see that in action yet.

edit: Jimmy’s message: http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-5616/page-8/?recent=98824#post-98770

Gaz

TPS

would be easier if you would acctualy mention jb’s idea,for the ignorant ones of us.

vlad_drac

xoxo

The whine is just people who fail to see what a huge amount of work seeding teams is and that it isn’t really possible to satisfy everyone. Try folding+reforming less people, would make everyone’s life a lot easier.

Both of those quotes make me sadface :P The first quote misses the point entirely, and the second quote – I don’t think you understand what i mean. Perhaps it’s a bit deep for these forums :P

Some people complain about stuff like the seedings, and in a way they have a point. The admins may have made some mistakes because they’re human and that’s what we do. They complain and the admins stonewall the complaints instead of listening because they see it as “pointless wajn”. And they have a point too, because a lot of it is pointless whine and mindless insults which they’re sick of reading.

At some point the lines get crossed, and the people who have something valid to say/complain about are ignored as pointless whiners. Then those people feel angered because they’re ignored and start lashing out at the admins, so the admins lash back.

Then someone cuts the crap and suggests something and it makes you think that there’s probably a lot more good ideas out there if only both sides weren’t ignoring each other. Like i say, could be bullshit, and mabye it’s a bit too much of a rose-tinted naive view to actually expect everyone to get along for their own mutual benefit :P

Vlad drac: peace maker. You never saw it coming from my tfc days.

oblivion

I have to agree, it seems odd to me that considering the TF2 community as a whole is so much nicer than in other games (its not constantly people calling others hackers etc), that the etf2l community can’t actually have a serious discussion without someone starting a flame war (intentionally or not).

If we could have a proper discussion without making it personal, maybe JB’s idea would actually be implemented next season and not just ignored…

M0re

Jimmy’s idea is awesome and I think m0re mentioned that some time ago, too bad we won’t see that in action yet.

edit: Jimmy’s message: http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-5616/page-8/?recent=98824#post-98770

yeah I actually suggested that about 2-3-4months ago, but it seems i’m only admin that likes that idea. After I saw that I quickly tried to get every admin to read that and made topic in admin forums about that and asked opinions – just to quickly notice that once again im alone with this matter.

minimoose

That thread needed to be locked, no one would see Jimmy’s post in the middle of all the spam. I think Jimmy’s idea is great but also you have to look at this realistically, the season is supposed to start soon and you can’t expect the small admin team to re-organise everything when they volunteer to do this anyway. I’m sure they have lives to lead.

Gryzor already admitted that Jimmy’s idea was good and might be considered, but it’s too late for this season.

m0re – if the majority of the player base like the idea then surely the admin team might reconsider? Although how you would get data on this is beyond me because people would probably start creating fake accounts if a vote was initiated and turn it into another fiasco like the FaN (I wanted it limited :D)

Skyride

DUCS

I agree,

However I think its quite obvious what the solution is. Im not going to state what it is because lets be honest, everybody here knows what it is and its not going to happen…

blw

element //

AC admins sux ass , especially winneh (he’s really pro anti-cheat xD). And those who sux admin’s dick , without analyse the situation makes me laugh

Skyride

DUCS

AC admins sux ass , especially winneh (he’s really pro anti-cheat xD). And those who sux admin’s dick , without analyse the situation makes me laugh

French people who sux, use hacks and can’t english make me laugh

fJack

k^m

thought you were going to suggest a friendly players vs. admins game :/

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

yeah I actually suggested that about 2-3-4months ago, but it seems i’m only admin that likes that idea. After I saw that I quickly tried to get every admin to read that and made topic in admin forums about that and asked opinions – just to quickly notice that once again im alone with this matter.

-17:29:57- (@D2M) m0re – i support the idea btw
-17:29:58- (@D2M) ;x

Norrland3000

Like a BloW-job you mean?

Locked Pages: 1 2 Next »