Forum

Heavy unlocks

Created 20th August 2008 @ 10:05

Locked Pages: 1 2 Next »

sajh

[j]\\\'
[j]'

Is it safe to assume that the heavy unlocks are allowed in season 3? As they were released before the actual start of the season.

I’d think that they are banned until further notice and in ongoing cups, but probably will be allowed in season 3. GOnna have to wait and see.

Netsky

I think none of the weapons are to hard to encounter, so they should be allowed, but it’s still the admins decision ;)
plz post a news if they are allowed or not! ^^

all of the new weapons are worse than the old ones when it comes to comptetive play. allowing them wont hurt anyone

byte

omg Treig but….but! that sandwich man! it even has an olive on the top of it ! it’s clearly gonna win vs u all in a 6v6 8-) :D?

Janusz

Again Valve have failed to balance the class system, the medic unlocks didnt go far enough, the pyro unlocks changed nothing to competitive play and now the heavy unlocks, which should of made the class more viable without a medic, actually do the opposite.

The sandvich needed to be included as an addition to what already existed, not as a substitute for the shotgun (an essential weapon for the heavy).

Depch

Yup.

KGB < Normal fists: KGB Is slower, you’re seldom in position to get use for the 5sec kritz after melee kill anyways, if it’s a lonely enemy you kill, there’s no use for the 5sec kritz, if there are many enemies around, you’re seldom in position to get to use the melee anyways. Basic fists are faster and can tauntkill from 3-4 ingame meters. KGB sure tho looks funny! ;D

SandVich < Shotgun: You’re seldom in position during battles to have 4secs spare time, this also usually means your medic is down and you should back down anyways, only usable in few occasions so I guess I’ll prefer the shotgun far more usable.

Natascha ? Sasha: No real info about this one yet, could be the only one usefull, tho it’s easy to see how sasha is the more powerfull weapon, the slowing system also seems interesting and could be of use.

Janusz

In fact the sandvich should of been combined with the heavy melee attack, where he eats with one hand and attacks with the other, that way it would get used in clan wars and would certainly improve the class absent of medic support.

Depch

Heard a rumour where it first was a shotgun taunt but they changed it away from that. Now that sucks. :)

Smofo

Im THAT good!

I hate natacha as a scout, normally I’d just go right left top whatever from a heavy being a scout but now he only has to hit me once and I slow down and then im unable to dodge with mah slow speed..

wer

tfortress.no

what about arena maps? anyone played arena pcw’s yet? is this something that could be good for a future fun cup?

Depch

As for now, it seems that the biggest change the heavy update brought gamewise (other than arena) was kritzkrieg charge bonus from 10% to 25%. This definately changes the game a lot. =P

ryb

nR

Arena maps are fun.

dAyKiLLeR

(Legend)
farm!
it's a farm

We will have a detailed look on the update and will probably announce something in the next 2 days. :)

Mick-

i have heard than a lot of people think the Kritzkrieg is way too powerfull now with the new update , do you think leagues should ban it ? let’s discuss ! i have not played any game since the update so i dont have a real opinion…anyone tried it ?

Locked Pages: 1 2 Next »