Forum

FaN limited to 2 in S6?

Created 6th September 2009 @ 20:05

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 Next »

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Same argument I used with the old poll (when the fan was winning). But all the fan fanboys went “LOL POLL DECIDES”. Strange how things can just change over night.

Oh, please… *blinks in disbelief*

Read the old topic. Always said admins shouldn’t make a decision based on a poll when results are this close, but the fan fanboys all went “LOLPOLL” (thanks David).

ambra

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt14/Ka0s337/YEEEAHHH.png

zodiak

Uhhh eeeh uh ah ah ting tang walla walla bing bang!!!

IT WILL BE BANNED! UH UH UH! :D

RUJa

STD

I like the game more playing with it.
I don’t want to be playing the same vanilla game that came out 2 years ago… today (It will get boring… quicker).
I like the game to be updated with more viable tactics and strategies available to teams and players.

Simple fact is, nowhere near 50% of scouts are using the FaN at this time. If the gun was too powerful, it would be a neccesity to use the weapon over the scattergun. This is not the case. I’ve seen many awesome scattergun scouts who simply suck with the FaN because they are much more effective at sustaining a constant stream of damage on the enemy than deploying hit and run tactics.

You don’t ban a weapon because it’s annoying to fight against, that’s really dumb ;p You would ban a weapon because it becomes the only viable option a player can use to remain effective. Even if people did consider the FaN to be more powerful than the scattergun (Which they don’t since the majority of people wouldn’t use a weaker weapon just to make a statement), the scattergun still has many advantages and uses over the FaN. Just watch that meatshot vol2 video from carnage and count the number of killing sprees that would be impossible to accomplish with the FaN.

End rant.

This post deserves a place on this page too.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Indeed, that post proves that scouts with no aim can play at higher levels using the fan. Thanks for reminding us that the fan lowers the skill ceiling.

RUJa

STD

Last time I played you had to hit someone to make some decent damage. And last time I hit someone, it required me to aim (well not really when spamming pipes as demoman, reckon a ban is on its way right?).

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Last time I played you had to hit someone to make some decent damage. And last time I hit someone, it required me to aim (well not really when spamming pipes as demoman, reckon a ban is on its way right?).

http://jamie-online.com/random-jamz/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/facepalm.jpg

RUJa

STD

idd

stko!

-9m-
-9m-

I was just having a look around and, correct me if I’m wrong, but this doesn’t appear to be an issue at all in US leagues… the only thing that’s banned is The Sandman. I think I came across one US league that had banned the sniper/spy unlocks but that was probably due to them coming into effect while the league was being played.

I might be wrong — I can’t claim to be an expert of the US scene — but from my limited research, it appears that we’re all arguing over something that’s perfectly accepted as the standard overseas.

Also, as a quick aside, I noticed that they play a hell of a lot more maps than we do. Perhaps, as a community, we are just stuck in our ways? Even stubborn?

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

It’s more because the tf2 players in the states have honor :P. See turtle’s post here http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-5479/

You can’t compare feeling towards certain maps vs feeling towards a broken weapon.

gryzor

It’s more because the tf2 players in the states have honor :P. See turtle’s post here http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-5479/

You can’t compare feeling towards certain maps vs feeling towards a broken weapon.

So, what you are saying is that you have no honor? Well, I’ve been thinking that for a long time.

So, what you are saying is just because ‘some’ people are idiots, you automatically include yourself in that group, because you know you got no self control in general and that you can’t resist any temptations in life and automatically will abuse it? Well, I’ve been thinking that for a long time too.

Don’t drag the rest of us down just because you are a dumb llamah.

Well, I’ve been thinking that for a long time as well, now I’ve said it.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

So, what you are saying is that you have no honor? Well, I’ve been thinking that for a long time.

So, what you are saying is just because ‘some’ people are idiots, you automatically include yourself in that group, because you know you got no self control in general and that you can’t resist any temptations in life and automatically will abuse it? Well, I’ve been thinking that for a long time too.

Don’t drag the rest of us down just because you are a dumb llamah.

Well, I’ve been thinking that for a long time as well, now I’ve said it.

wut?

gryzor

Not to mention you do magic quote-trains that spams the thread. Really useful when it’s just you and me typing! Refer to my post above to avoid this in the future.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Maybe you should start making sense for a change.

gryzor

Since you think it was hard to comprehend that post you quote-trained, let me summarize:

you are a dumb llamah

If there are any word there you find hard to understand, let me know and I’ll do my best.

… Or, I might just posting stupid shit whenever you post something, since that’s what you are doing towards everyone who actually have something useful to say in these discussions, and it’s annoying the fuck out of me. Perhaps we should do with you like you advocate for the FAN, ban things on a personal whim that are annoying but actually have not done anything wrong?

Bluuuuuue, blueeeee skies…

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 Next »