DAKKA

a lot of text still nothing showed :/

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

vlad_drac is clearly OP and needs to be nerfed

Arnold

DAKKA

“the map is far too BUSY. There’s shit everywhere, it’s far too cluttered. Couple that with the fact that there’s 300 different ways to get from point 1 to point 5, and i have it on good authority from a certain friend that you can get to the enemy spawn faster than you can get to point 4.”

these are you stating FACTS not vouching your opinion.
i don’t care about opinion as you said everybody is in title to his own but you can’t use lies to back your opinion up.

If it’s a bad map in your opinion, i couldn’t care less. But saying you can get to spawn faster than cp2 is a joke and so is the 300 ways to mid. The fact that you say it’s cluttered just shows that you didn’t play it enough. if has far less clutter than granary lmao

also i’ll just ignore the fact that you used 2 walls of text to express your frustration of people not playing a map enough and saying it is bad even though they have little experience playing it. Yet somehow you manage to say gully is bad even though you haven’t played on it enough.

Edit: And you are right about one thing, people have said things about gullywash that were a lot worse. You just succeed in saying it whilst totally contradicting what you are trying to say in the first place. That is what bothers me the most, your hypocrisy.

Last edited by Arnold,

Simonine

what do we need another map for anyway?

We need more than 1 new good map to replace all the shitty maps we’re playing (freight, fastlane, well). Gullywash is way better than these, thx Arnold.

Oh shit, a map that isn’t granary or badlands… what do we do?

Play Freight. :)

ambra

i wouldnt rage about gullywash if there werent so many shitty corridors in the main bases and if there was no water

Sketch

MM

well… I thought gully would only be in the rotation because Arnold made it. but then I played it and it was a fun map! Yukon should be played as it is official? that’s like saying we should play egypt! Yukon isn’t too bad. but it feels like a 32 man spam map to me.

What’s wrong with the water? Just defend right corridor its pretty much the same as the left corridor on badlands. except it takes longer to get to the point so whats the problem?

Last edited by Sketch,

eoN^

well… I thought gully would only be in the rotation because Arnold made it. but then I played it and it was a fun map! Yukon should be played as it is official? that’s like saying we should play egypt! Yukon isn’t too bad. but it feels like a 32 man spam map to me.

What’s wrong with the water? Just defend right corridor its pretty much the same as the left corridor on badlands. except it takes longer to get to the point so whats the problem?

Marry me.

<3

Truer words could not be spoken :)

blisf

No its not because the community agreed that maps like egypt shouldn’t be played, but maps like yukon (5cp) should.
And on the top of it yukon got 2nd place on the contest + got official.

IMO gully and yukon should be on this leauge.

Nislem

where’s follower? :|

Skyride

DUCS

where’s follower? :|

+99999999

One of the most fun maps Ive ever played.

My team has three matches where both teams picked the same map. I’m betting we’ll be playing Yukon for one of them. Yay for us?

Freak

– gullywash
+ obscure

FreeLanceFoX

[TF2M1]

As someone who’s not even in the league, just an NA player and mapper, I kinda did a “WTF” when I saw Gullywash and not Yukon. Not only that, but I also saw Well and Fastlane… and seriously I think all the wrong decisions were made here.

Yukon is different, it plays like a cousin to Badlands or Granary because it has the same form but a different set of connections; it’s perfect to include because it tests teams in a different way from Granalands. Gullywash, in my opinion, is nothing more than a Badlands remake. It’s smallish and crampedish, and gives me the vibe that it tried to emulate Granaland’s success. It’s their step-brother. I’m not a fan of it, and I just gave up on it when I saw that no matter what happened people would support it because it was so eerily similar (just as Follower was…)

I don’t see how excluding a map that is different and including one that is similar helps the league. It encourages them to focus more on nailing down the same, linear strategies of Granary and such instead of broadening their strategies and applying themselves to new maps.

Similarly, Well is just too straight-forward to have any place in a league any more. It’s the most straightforward, and in my opinion, boring map there is. It’s not fun to watch. I could list several replacements, but atop any list I’ve got to mention cp_waste, which is similar in layout but adds many more layers of strategy.

Arnold, all along I’ve noticed many things I could nitpick on Gullywash and never did… putting it off until later… and then you kinda jumped there and released final and I never really mentioned my thoughts (especially on the detailing). I feel a bit bad about it, but at the moment your map doesn’t seem to be suffering for it. There’s nothing wrong with it as a competitive map, it just doesn’t seem to me that it deserves a place above Yukon or even Waste.

-FoX

Last edited by FreeLanceFoX,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 Next »