Forum

Request: sv_pure 1 + whitelist in ETF2L

Created 21st August 2009 @ 09:36

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5

Mike

SF

No, it also works with sv_pure 1 if your whitelist allows them, which could lead people to take the whitelist ETF2L gives them, change it to their likings and put it on their servers without anyone ever noticing. Tadaa, you got yourself a free wallhack that wont even get you VAC-banned.

IIRC, you can see the whitelist of the server you’re connected to. It wouldn’t be difficult to make a page on the website you can paste it into to check if it’s correct.

Honestly, could you be bothered to do that before every match you play on another team’s server? Would only create more unnecessary delays. Would be a solution but it’s just not worth the effort imo.

It would take <30 seconds per match and could be done while waiting for everyone to join anyway.

AnAkkk

No, it also works with sv_pure 1 if your whitelist allows them, which could lead people to take the whitelist ETF2L gives them, change it to their likings and put it on their servers without anyone ever noticing. Tadaa, you got yourself a free wallhack that wont even get you VAC-banned.

IIRC, you can see the whitelist of the server you’re connected to. It wouldn’t be difficult to make a page on the website you can paste it into to check if it’s correct.

Honestly, could you be bothered to do that before every match you play on another team’s server? Would only create more unnecessary delays. Would be a solution but it’s just not worth the effort imo.

It would take <30 seconds per match and could be done while waiting for everyone to join anyway.

And a lot of people won’t do it because they CBA. Already some people don’t even check if sv_pure is 2.

Sv_pure 2 is fine. It doesn’t need to be changed. Leagues aren’t made for models/etc customization, everybody should be equal.

eoN^

My particles still work on sv_pure 2 servers… So doesnt matter either way

PS if it makes a difference its rocket trails and explosions (noids ones)

compton

cvx|

everybody should be equal.

http://instruct.westvalley.edu/lafave/hb.html

mulk

-1 The league should not allow players to modify particle effects to their advantage, no matter how slight it is.

agree

gryzor

My particles still work on sv_pure 2 servers… So doesnt matter either way

PS if it makes a difference its rocket trails and explosions (noids ones)

That’s because dx80-particles are not fixed (yet). That is about to change in the near future.

n00ne

sv_pure 2 , and stop whining. How can a rocket trail fill your whole screen. Btw my friend did edit some particles , actually he removed all the smoke and explosions. Guess how much fps he gained – NOT more than 10.
So , the explosions can’t really bother anyone that much and they don’t change your fps much. Then why do you want to edit them in the first place? bshit

Waebi

‹Con›

Btw my friend did edit some particles , actually he removed all the smoke and explosions. Guess how much fps he gained – NOT more than 10.

which is something i’m glad to have. they indeed do bother me, the mid fight often was annoying as hell for me, healing peeps with like 20-25 fps is something you should try out once or so. It IS better with noid’s particles. If you say it’s only in my mind, then.. well ye. at least that.

Just tell Valve to implement a possibility like the custom crosshairs already, but with particles. Still “legit”, but more fps-friendly and stuff. Also, i love the with hunt everyone is participating in, if it wasnt for some geeks who made it public you still wouldnt know about it.

eoN^

tbh valve will never add a feature like that.

EDIT: At best they may add a cvar to turn the quality down on the default trails but no replacement.

sajh

[j]\\\'
[j]'

sv_pure 2

Norris

25fps… stone age pc. guys stop trolling valve with such a shit and you might consider to get at least 4 years old hardware and you are fine.

xzr

stop being poor and get proper computers ^___^

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5