Forum

Giving players a chance

Created 19th August 2009 @ 21:07

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 Next »

Sawwy

Nice one Pledge and Loco (And anyone Else doing this) Hope to see more of this!

Bash

if you’re a good player you will stand out after a couple of months of playing and all the ‘training and giving people a chance to gain experience in a higher division’ and mentoring etc doesn’t make any sense to me

Truth. It’s hilarious how the recruiting forums are full of people looking for clans that are higher than them on the account that they have some magical self-proclaimed “potential” that they have been unable to unlock so far and that noone else seems to notice. Stop trying to blame other people (which this thread is about) and start practicing, if you really do have that potential you think you do, you shouldn’t have a problem. And if you don’t… well, neither did the other 98%.

If you’re good, people will notice.

If you’re good, people will notice.

I don’t need to elaborate.

minimoose

Trying to get recruited into a top div 3 team or higher is hard, people don’t seem to understand that. For SpA’s recruitment we usually like recruiting people who have merced for us and we have seen them fitting into our game, because of it we generally have a solid line up. It’s much easier to maintain that solid line up by recruiting someone who has merced for us 10-20+ times than someone we would have to trial and see if they integrate into our style.

I was lucky in the way I got recruited, I didn’t even know/care about TF2 competitively (or any other game competitively), and I was just picked up and taught to play properly a few months ago by SpA when they were in div 4 :P I couldn’t even rocket jump properly when they scouted me, now I’m soldier/scout for them and a (bad) back up demoman :)

morf

[j]\\\'
[j]'

There is more than calling yourself mid, mid+, high, gay or whatever and having a record of sniping zodiak 3 times

hahahahahahhaa LOL

exm

Truth. It’s hilarious how the recruiting forums are full of people looking for clans that are higher than them on the account that they have some magical self-proclaimed “potential” that they have been unable to unlock so far and that noone else seems to notice. Stop trying to blame other people (which this thread is about) and start practicing, if you really do have that potential you think you do, you shouldn’t have a problem. And if you don’t… well, neither did the other 98%.

I didnt create this topic becouse I think I’m uberHIGH++ when I’m not. Actually, I even told Loco, that I doubt I could even survive on a div2 standart match. I created it, becouse I think it’s pathetic how people in div3 (just an example) talked to me, just ‘couse I thought I could trial for them with no div3/4 experience. That happening to me twice was the last straw and I had to steam out somewhere…

Genmix

bobs

You get into higher levels with a team who you progressed with,
not on your own.

That is my experience

Rele

I’m a low- solly in a mid(+) team, how awesome is that :D

We’re all just cookye’s big bag that he carries around, fut :(

exm

not on your own.

That is my experience

Read the whole (or atleast the beggining of) thread before posting.

kkthxbb

There does seem to be a few people a bit over eager to progress, it would be nice to see less people claiming to be mid+ etc in clan & player recruiting when they have no history or a history of hopping from folded clans & wasting other clans time trying to get in trials, it must get tiresome getting requests from such people :)

Dante

not on your own.

That is my experience

kkthxbb

well he told u whats the best and now u acting like a little child ffs…

Ijantis

not on your own.

That is my experience

kkthxbb

well he told u whats the best and now u acting like a little child ffs…

Exactly. Stop being a crybaby and work your way up. A lot of players have to do this so dont feel left out when you trial for a div 2 team and they dont take you because your div 4.

Genmix

bobs

not on your own.

That is my experience

kkthxbb

I did,
and I am saying that it is best to progress with a team,
not just apply for every mid clan,
because its highly unlikely they will take you if you lack experience.
They want a person that matches the person that left skillwise or a person that matches their own skill.

This isn’t elitism, i mean sheesh, I felt just like you when i was searching for a clan,
but I got into div3 by forming a team of my skill level and progressing with them.
Things like these take patience and some time.

And to comment on the team leaders’ reactions,
put yourself into their position, they get added by a lot of people in a short timespan who all ask to trial for a certain position,
those people then ask when can I trial, every night, if not multiple times a day.
That is really irritating and can get on your nerves until you crack and need to vent your anger in some way.

Or they gave a so called “skilled” player a chance to play, and it turned out to be a horrible experience. Things like that make you wary towards other players you never heard about or never saw.

Stop feeling like the only guy that gets turned down.

Akasazh

THG
HL

Lots of truth in this topic. The only bit of elitism I abhor is people joining a clan and then leaving it 2 weeks later saying ‘they where not playing my level’. I think the general idea is that in a team based game you have to -excusez le mot- level up as a team. Going omfg noobs im leaving is the worst thing you can do. 1. you just destroyed a team. 2. You expect the team you get in to be absolutely better then the team you left, which carries on your loop of disillusion.

What do you want? Do you want a top team carrying you up to the hardware-prizes-riddled stars ? Do you want to play in a team where everyone has exactly the same fiery ambition in tf2 that you have ? Do you want a team that is flawless?

Even dignitas have a div 3 medic :D (<-condom emoticon) and are still rocking it bigtime. Certainly not everyone has got the time to be a full-time tf2 player. But I generally think that people overstate their own personal skill while this games is based on the concept of -its in the name- TEAM play. FFing TEAM Fortress 2.

You can be 1337 all you want or be an obnoxious 24/7 gamer who knows all inside outs of every packet carried over the internets you just will have to accept yr playing with goddam people. getting carried away here a bit.

Main thing is your playing in a team with people. Your succes is always linked to how well other people do. If your team isn't up to your standards why not try and inform them and learn as a whole?

Just ranting at a former team is damaging to both youself and your former (and future) teams and will get you nowhere no matter how good you are.

I can tell from personal experience that you can go quite far if you got a loyal team that don't exacly care about their personal succes but like to play with each other and get rewarded when they stick together and fight for the communal succes. GL

-HH2- div 5-div3 in one year thx lads yr an awesome bunch.

Iller

tGa

Lots of truth in this topic. The only bit of elitism I abhor is people joining a clan and then leaving it 2 weeks later saying ‘they where not playing my level’. I think the general idea is that in a team based game you have to -excusez le mot- level up as a team. Going omfg noobs im leaving is the worst thing you can do. 1. you just destroyed a team. 2. You expect the team you get in to be absolutely better then the team you left, which carries on your loop of disillusion.

Sure, the most rewarding way to advance is together with a team.
However, as other people in this thread points out, this is not always possible.
This is after all, as you say, a team game and no matter how much time and effort you put into the game it is of no use if the rest of your team doesn’t share your dedication to the game.

You have been lucky with HH2 to find a bunch of guys that seem to have an interest and talent for the game, but many people end up in teams with a lot of half inactive persons with no greater talent and where noone is very interested in improving.
Then you slowly die with the team instead of making any progress.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 Next »