Forum

Giving players a chance

Created 19th August 2009 @ 21:07

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 11 Next »

exm

I just had a little chat with Loco from Devils Rejects and was suprised that he wanted me, a mid- solly, as a trialee for his team. He said that he likes to give lower players a chance and after getting two mid- scouts they can still “rape” div2 teams.
I’ve been searching for a team quite some time now, and noticed just how much elitism our community really has.
Heres a short story that happened to me TWICE this week (and its only wednesday):

I see a recruitment topic here with a team searching for mid-/mid solly and aiming for div3 next season. I add the “guy” who’s responsible for trials (I wont put any names…). Once the “guy” didnt even say “hi” or whatever, he just rudly asked “Can you tell me WHY did YOU add me?”. In the end they both even refused to trial me just becouse I dont have any div3/4 experience. Just a little question: how the hell am I supposed to get div3 experience if all of you are fuckin’ elitists?

Anyways, I just want to show my HUGE respect for Loco, Pledge and other people who try to support lower players with potential.
So yeah… What the topic says.

“endrant 1”

Morty

RG

nothing to add up. +1

yin

not only in this division but still +1

futari

fail

I’m a low- solly in a mid(+) team, how awesome is that :D

morf

[j]\\\'
[j]'

yeah Loco should get a medal or trophy or something for his talent farm over there :D

+1

edit: elitists in div 3 & div 4 rofl!

Ijantis

its not being elitist it simply eliminates all these div 6 players who think they’re good and simply arent. This is from past experience when you post you’re looking for a mid scout you get bombarded by adds. It simply ensures you get what you look for.

To get that div 3/4 experience work up with a team.

skinnie

TCM

fucking div3 elitists

FOR SHAME

* Loco also gave me a chance to play for his team when I was still a shitter :D

ThePledge

Thanks for the credit there exm :)
As I’ve noticed for a couple of weeks now there’s a lot of talent walking around in the lower divisions. I’m lucky enough to be able to play with 6 of the greatest and talented guys in the lower divisions, and I’m hoping we will go places within a couple of months!

Rejects vs Team Stinson in a couple of weeks then! :P Bring it on Loco!

Norris

ah that’s why fex got a new home there =P

Assault Marine Sigh

< once undiscovered Talent right here, seriously though thanks pledge :P
And nice work to the others :P

Waster

Yeah, loco is my hero :)

Iller

tGa

Sounds a bit pathetic with that kind of elitism in a game and especially in div 3 and below.
Sure, maybe you don’t want div 6 class players in a div 3 team, but this doesn’t mean you have to treat people with a lack of respect.

It is a bit interesting to compare with the academic world and in my case Mathematics.
Sure, you might not get a professorship in Princeton with a fresh PhD, but if you contact some world leading professors they are always polite and treat you with the same respect as their collegues.
In fact, it seems the more famous and “skilled” the person is, the more humble he/she is.
Usually only people who are unsure of their own skill might feel the need to brag and treat other people with disrespect.

However, I can also understand that you might not want to add everyone to your friends list. I have added almost everyone who askes and this causes some trouble for me. There are simply too many people writing messenges asking me to merc or just chat a bit.
Therefore I nowadays almost never log on to my friends list.

Loco

Mayo

tbh i love to play the unknown players,
ive seen so many talented players that nobody will take a chance on in the higher divs
and its great to keep the comunity healthy from picking up players and letting them get
some higher div experience…
if more teams took a chance they would probably be suprised the amount of good players that are out there…
just trying to keep the game fresh and the comunity healthy is all that matters..
everyone deserves a shot
if your willing to take a risk or some time to help them improve

Arnold

DAKKA

don’t worry i was yelled at first time i played pickups.

Jh

Hey dats!

no wai

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 11 Next »