Forum

ETF2L public server - Alltalk?

Created 10th August 2009 @ 13:35

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2

Waster

Why not make a separate mumble/vent server to chat when in the public server? Everybody who want to give useful comms can do it ingame. And for the ones who want go offtopic can do it on the mumble/vent server. This how we do it on the public GoT server ^^

Netsky

sounds way better than sv_alltalk 1

maybe this is going to happen, who knows :o

ambra

NO ALLTALK.

I call massive bullshit
most competitive players simply DO NOT join such servers by themselves but theyre often together with clanmates and they speak with them via vent/mumble/whatever forming a tiny organized group and basically ignoring the rest of the people basing their actions on their personal experience hoping the others to do the same rather than having the need to tell the new guys to not rocketjump in the face of a spinning heavy with 50 hp.

There is one simple fact: unless youre a butthurt faggot, alltalk just makes everything funnier. Moreover, a lot of competitive players from different clans know eachother anyway and having alltalk on just makes everything funnier allowing the players to have a laugh rather than typing “OMG THAT WAS GAY”.

If you WANT alltalk to be turned off, you probably take the public server too seriously and youre probably butthurt for some reason.

I dont really thing its necessary for teamplay, at all

captain bubblebeard

I only heard a couple of people actually speak during the couple of hours I’ve spent on the server.

It seems ETF2L players don’t want to talk in pubs…

Mr.Magic

TBA
ZOS!

I only heard a couple of people actually speak during the couple of hours I’ve spent on the server.

It seems ETF2L players don’t want to talk in pubs…

Same. For me it’s like I go on the public server to just chill out. I don’t go there to play as serious as I would in a match, thus I don’t use my mic.

eoN^

I find it funny how loads of you are like “oh my god if you dont agree with me you must take tf2 pub to srs and you must be a noobfag”

Come on… If someone wants to take it seriously let them, if they dont, let them.

I think alltalk is useful if not many people take on the server, it encourages more to speak and as seen as its a public server from ETF2L it would be interesting to see the kinda things people would talk about :P Im guessing alot of whining about the fan tbh :X

compton

cvx|

just make a mumble server with one channel, with all voice chat disabled from the game server.

win.

ambra

with all voice chat disabled from the game server.

you best be joking >:(
what about my micspam?

compton

cvx|

with all voice chat disabled from the game server.

you best be joking >:(
what about my micspam?

mumble is better for micspam!

ambra

no it is not.

hldj is perhaps the most important software related to this game: denying its use by putting voice_enable 0 on the server is torture

Krissz

KK

I WANT ALL TALK!!!IT IS GOOD

oblivion

All talk on would mean I would have to turn in game off for playing on the etf2l pub- almost all of the time I spend on TF2 pubs I’m also in mumble, and having random conversations on going in game would be distracting.

Considering people don’t talk much in game, I’d suggest thats because people either do the same as me (mumble/vent), don’t like to talk whilst on pubs, or simply prefer to type. Although it can be fun to have all talk on, I don’t like the idea for the etf2l pub.

ambra

All talk on would mean I would have to turn in game off for playing on the etf2l pub- almost all of the time I spend on TF2 pubs I’m also in mumble, and having random conversations on going in game would be distracting.

Considering people don’t talk much in game, I’d suggest thats because people either do the same as me (mumble/vent), don’t like to talk whilst on pubs, or simply prefer to type. Although it can be fun to have all talk on, I don’t like the idea for the etf2l pub.

DERP DERP DERP DERP

gryzor

I have no idea why you are still discussing this, thread seems to be troll-prone though, so I’ll just lock it.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2