Forum

ETF2L public server - Alltalk?

Created 10th August 2009 @ 13:35

Locked Pages: 1 2 Next »

Skyride

DUCS

Hey guys,

From when I used to play on pubs all the time, I always found that the best ones in regards to how enjoyable it was, were servers running with alltalk on. Simply for the reason that it allowed people to have off-topic conversations and when they get get killed some reddiculous way to go on mic “omg, lol, the hell?” (or something to that effect) and it overall just gives it a much more pleasant atmosphere.

Since we’ve pretty much established the server is not for serious play and very few people are using comms anyway, we might aswell get a good atmosphere.

Comments?

tragett

no

edit: yay avatar fucked

Skyride

DUCS

no

This ain’t CBC anymore traget. :P

Shyguy

Well, as it’s an etf2l server, alot of people likes giving out small comms, even on a public server. This would be useless if people had offtopic convoes while u try to give out directions. Get a mumble channel for that kind of offtopic stuff rly ;o

Skyride

DUCS

alot of people likes giving out small comms, even on a public server.

Well they must be hiding from me then. :P

I play med about half the time and yet, Im saying wayyyy more than anyone else, and even then its only like “ubers charged, move in,” etc,,, cliché medic calls bassically. I just think the server would have a much better atmosphere if it was alltalk.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

+1

hoheit

+1 alltalk on pubs

Beefy

Vuze.

+1

David

-1, none of my ingame comms work… so why should you get it!? MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

xzr

good thing I got the ingame voice system turned off

Blackk

Const
SS

+1 alltalk

end0

[x]

m0re’s config -> in-game voice disabled

gryzor

To sum it up then:

This will not be enabled, for obvious reasons. It’s a server for league-players. People are expected to know basic tactics and take quick and easy commands from their teammates. “general chat” is tiresome and annoying at best — downright dealbreaker for another set of people at worst.

Why would we want to mess up the pub-server? Makes no sense at all for me. People speaking foreign tounge on the server are annoying ENOUGH as it is right now. Every time I get on there are some odd people I’ve never heard or seen before speaking russian, spanish, french or whatever. They do, thankfully, shut up when asked — but this should not even be necessary. It’s downright rude and MORONIC to even engage in the behaviour to begin with.

NO ALLTALK.

… (and stick to english on the comms, please!)

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Only if the server has lots of active admins, alltalk 1 just advertises some bellend to spam the fraggle rock theme tune down the mic for all to hear 24/7.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

For the first time ever, I think i’m almost in agreement with Gryzor.

Alltalk is great fun, but not all the time. To be honest, a good amount of the people are on private voip anyway and a good handful of those that aren’t don’t have voice enabled :p

And you might think there’s little tactical points now, but there’d been even less with alltalk.

Locked Pages: 1 2 Next »