#tf.wars

Created 19th July 2009 @ 18:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

AnimaL

i like how ppl get banned on it for using bnc, way to go ops :D

Waebi

‹Con›

noone fucking cares, stop whining

just check the etf2l divisions before you play if you want to be big fat crybabies

cya noobs

Such a charming young man.

ye but he’s actually right. “back then”, when i organised some games, i always looked up the names and often annoyed my team when i said “omg not , they’re low–!!1”

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

noone fucking cares, stop whining

just check the etf2l divisions before you play if you want to be big fat crybabies

cya noobs

Such a charming young man.

ye but he’s actually right. “back then”, when i organised some games, i always looked up the names and often annoyed my team when i said “omg not , they’re low–!!1”

I’m not saying he’s wrong, no need to rage though xD

Waebi

‹Con›

that was not even 20% on the rage-o-meter… :D

Slash

Yeah #tf.wars was really more popular before.. Now it’s hard to find an opponent there :S

i dont know when you’re searching but we do random mixes with friends and theres always game to play.

~7-10. Sometimes we look for 15-20 minutes for an opponent.. Play with the same guys a lot of times. That’s for the low at least :/ Back there were so many teams.. As soon as you got there you could have found yourself an opponent. And it was rearly to play with someone you have played in 1-2 weeks

Cycles

lolwow

If #tf.wars is shit now, what’s a better way to find matches? Pre-organising?

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

If #tf.wars is shit now, what’s a better way to find matches? Pre-organising?

Pretty much, get a group of clans that you know are good guys and will give you a good match, much better than irc randomers :>

Mads.

6v6 | Mid | On | Now surely still the best?

most russians have .de or .nl servers

Hahahaha.

Skyride

DUCS

The problem really is NOTHING to do with people not being clear on what low, low+ , etc,,, is. The problem is skill faking. I think eoN will back me up on this from a mix we played earlier today. Bassically, we got a match off #tf.wars looking for low with server on playing cp_freight. So we get one. Then a couple of div 2 guys join, then someone div 4, and it was just. 0.o? Fuck off

I know that alot of them weren’t play their main class but I really don’t think it matters. Play your proper damn classes and then play people of your skill level. Everyones a winner!

This isn’t a one-off either. In iExpo we play about 2 PCW’s every night just about (not counting mixes) and i’d say that happens about every 3rd match we play. Happened the night before where we played a team made mostly of Mmmm…. players but with 2 guys from YYT (although we had numlocked playing with us so it was all good, but they didn’t know that until they joined).

I really don’t see why the guys div4+ seem to enjoy getting e-peen of steam-rolling clans who are alot below them.

Hahahaha.

I lol’d

trams

-><-

Hahahaha.

Hmm, played like 6 russian teams on .de or.nl servers, could be borrowed? 2 teams on .se and maybe 4 teams on russian servers, maybe I have been lucky?

Skyride

DUCS

Hahahaha.

Hmm, played like 6 russian teams on .de or.nl servers, could be borrowed? 2 teams on .se and maybe 4 teams on russian servers, maybe I have been lucky?

You have been lucky by the sounds of it, :)

You know .nl is netherlands and .de is germany ye?

This isn’t a one-off either. In iExpo we play about 2 PCW’s every night just about (not counting mixes) and i’d say that happens about every 3rd match we play. Happened the night before where we played a team made mostly of Mmmm…. players but with 2 guys from YYT (although we had numlocked playing with us so it was all good, but they didn’t know that until they joined)

I think that was my mix actually, and you had numlocked playing ON class ffs, he was outscoring your medic for a while if I recall?

Accusing someone of being a skillfaker, unless it’s BLATANTLY obvious that they’re not that skill (ie 6 div 1/2/3 players claiming to be low :) ), is a bit tricky to manage because as has already been illustrated, nobody reallllly knows what skill they are. A mix I was in looked for low- one time and got accused of being skillfakers because we destroyed them, yet if we had looked for a low game, it’s possible we would have been destroyed.

As far as high div players name-changing for the purpose of raping low skill teams, does it really happen THAT often? Thankfully all I’ve ever experienced is a team having one or two (usually just one) high div players, and if you have SUCH an issue with that, you can simply go “no sorry we don’t want to play x”, and find another match. Big deal.

Largos^

PRO

Why not advertize in terms of divisions, instead of skill level?

lf 6v6 | Div3 | Server On means more to me than
lf 6v6 | MID- | Server On

(Or wait, is div3 low+ or mid-?)

(And why bother with the “6v6” these days?) :P

Skyride

DUCS

This isn’t a one-off either. In iExpo we play about 2 PCW’s every night just about (not counting mixes) and i’d say that happens about every 3rd match we play. Happened the night before where we played a team made mostly of Mmmm…. players but with 2 guys from YYT (although we had numlocked playing with us so it was all good, but they didn’t know that until they joined)

I think that was my mix actually, and you had numlocked playing ON class ffs, he was outscoring your medic for a while if I recall?

No it wasen’t that mix with you guys PFM. :) That match with you guys was fantastic and very enjoyable one. This was another match I was talking about.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »