fawwles

TSUN~

B

I personally love playing GP.

reCon

B) YES, i want to see it in bo3 format.

hoppi

TIDS

just remove stopwatch and count the points ;)

Gaarulf

UP|

A) Leave it as it is.

It’s really tiring to play gravel if both teams defend it to the limit.

a

fJack

k^m

A

shitty map that should have been thrown out with dustbowl in the early days. if we had more quality competitive maps this would be a non-issue.

archy

A)

GP is a nice map. yeah. as long its only played for two rounds. and as said above: 45 – 50 mins gravel make me sleep tbh. keep it as it is.

Meyer

IsF
G9

a

FrEaK `-.*'

b

mineral

[kpwr]

A

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

B) 1 round each, then the team that won by the largest time margin gets to choose sides for the last round.

FTW

F2, that’s a bit harsh, don’t you think :p Sure, one backstab could change the game, but getting that stab isn’t so easy, and the team should know how to counter it. It’s one of the only maps where Spy is actually being used, I’d hate to see it gone just because it’s porentially very frustrating…

A) Leave it as it is.

Crusa

Troopers

A

No need for third round. It is played as a stopwatch mode so making it tie is your own fault by not attacking / defending better than your opponent did.

And someone said it’s not competitive enough. How in earth can stopwatch be anything but competitive. That is way more competitive than your regular 5cp grind. If your defence sucked and your opponent made good time then you just have to match for that on your own offence to beat their time. I would say stopwatch is the most competitive mode of the game.

JimmyBreeze

k^m

A

I don’t think that whether or not a draw is a fair result is the main issue here.

Assume that the average offensive round time (at least div 3 and above) is 6 minutes. We’ve all seen our fair share of sub 4 minute times and some reaching as far as 11, 12 minutes as well.

That’d potentially be 4 sets of around 6 minutes over 2 rounds, totalling 24 minutes. Add 5 minutes for ready up/switch teams/setup times and you’re looking at about 30 total minutes already – for an average game under the current ruleset (and it probably takes more like 10 minutes for teams to ready up etc). That, to me, is plenty time. It can go a little bit longer or a little bit less.

If you add a third round, and it goes the average length, plus the extra ready up and setup time (and also potentially calculating who gets to decide who attacks first in the third round), you will play something like 45/50 minutes.

What happens if, in the worst case scenario, all 3 rounds go to 11 minute holds? You’re looking at games that could last well over an hour.

I realise that sometimes a team sets a 10 minute mark and the other team finishes that round in 3, but my point is that games could reach truly excessive times.

Gravel Pit is a unique test of a team, but BO3 is not the way forward. ETF2L should be investigating methods to speed up the game and make it more player/spectator friendly (like reducing the timelimit on Turbine), not longer.

kEvNx

.#mtf

b

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »