Forum

Div 1 relegation system

Created 9th July 2009 @ 21:39

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »

dAyKiLLeR

(Legend)
farm!
it's a farm

Blame 4Kings and clan00 then… If teams wouldn’t fold during a Season, there weren’t any dropping team issues.
Dropping-team-cases can’t be handled perfect as some matches were played and other matches have to be defaulted in some way. Rule §2.9 and §2.11 is the fairest way from what we have learned in Season 1-4.

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

I suppose they aren’t changing anything in the last week of this season.

You can get a relegation spot this season, with playoffs next season, there for it def involves this season.

For you f2 it would be like saying, ok idk won the division, that doesnt matter, lets have a playoff for div1 after the summer

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

PS: There will be a lot more changes in Season 6 then just 3-4 new teams in Div 1.

cant wait to read the next news
go go go

dAyKiLLeR

(Legend)
farm!
it's a farm

Edit: Ignore that. Bad math + late hours = not good.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Think of it this way Day: FB, Coolclan and Imperial haven’t quit mid way through a season, your reward for one of them is to have them potentially drop from div1 – I can’t believe the sense in this, neither can I believe you would have done this had the three other teams not dropped.

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

The team is not yet in div2
it still can beat a div2* team to stay in div1
and if it can’t beat it, then it simply don’t derserve it
*I Don’t Know?, rockit, Afterlife, LOL Team

angel*

*kinda offtopic* Is there gonna be any surprises in other division? any play-off matches before 6th season?

F2

Danmark

For you f2 it would be like saying, ok idk won the division, that doesnt matter, lets have a playoff for div1 after the summer

In a way, that would actually only be fair because that would indeed keep the best teams in div1.

I suppose the reason they don’t do it is to reward teams that stay together and manage to win div2, regardless of their skill level compared to the teams in div1.

Puppets

yeye and lets say dignitas has a playoff match against idk on turbine and lets say idk win so dignitas is not even div1 anyway? if they are 7th place becuz theres so many teams dropped where is the sense in adding another playoff spot?

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

I suppose the reason they don’t do it is to reward teams that stay together and manage to win div2, regardless of their skill level compared to the teams in div1.

Ye its so hard staying together if your winning all your matches easily, we should be rewarded for staying together playing teams like digni, tcm, yoyo etc. Instead of having 2 definate relegation spots and another 2 playoff spots ;/

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

The team is not yet in div2
it still can beat a div2* team to stay in div1
and if it can’t beat it, then it simply don’t derserve it
*I Don’t Know?, rockit, Afterlife, LOL Team

seriously stfu, lets just have a playoff for all div1 spots then, every season, kthxbai

i understand its fair to have the better team in div1 next season, but a rulechange in the last week? privately?

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Just make div1 bigger, half the teams drop anyways

:D:D:D
But just keep FB in it. And have the two 2nd places from 2a and 2b duke it out? Any “div1” clan that reforms at the start of the new season should start in div2 imo. Reward stability plx.

Jones

In a way, that would actually only be fair because that would indeed keep the best teams in div1.

Coming 7th in division 1 is arguably as good an accomplishment as winning division 2. The fact that three teams dropped should be completely irrelevant.

Your assumption of the admins reasoning must be wrong for equality’s sake.

In conclusion: I think the rule is harsh, and so does f2: “because I suppose the reason they don’t do it is to reward teams that stay together and manage to win div2 (or initially survive relegation in div1), regardless of their skill level compared to the teams in div1 (and div2)”.

If you advocate this reasoning then you should advocate FB’s arguement.

codcrille

Fresh.

But even a div6 team could finish div1 7th place.

Jones

codcrille you are so dumb it makes me cringe.

FB started in div3/4 and worked their way to div1. Just like coolclan and imperial (the other two clans who could be affected). Wtf has a div6 clan got to do with this? Thinking of hypothetical scenario’s is useful, but not when you think of them

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »